X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Cleo Lemon starting for Miami!!

That's right, Mr. Lemon is getting the entire 1st half in Miami's second pre-season game.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Cleo Lemon starting for Miami!!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    That's right, Mr. Lemon is getting the entire 1st half in Miami's second pre-season game.
    Well what did you expect? He gives them the best chance to win. It will take a while for Beck to make a significant contribution being a rookie and all.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I heard he looked really good in their first game and why not give him a shot he's a real unknown and he could be a real surprise.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        I heard he looked really good in their first game and why not give him a shot he's a real unknown and he could be a real surprise.
        Heard? You should've seen him: 5/6 and lead his troops for a score. Green definitely looked like he was holding onto the ball too long. If there's one thing Harrington did well, it was that he got rid of the ball. If he starts, besides wasting a 5th rounder on I guess tutoring Beck, I will not be at all pissed. I like Cleo.

Comment

• dolphan117
          • Dec 2005

Cam has yet to announce a season starter though. Last game Lemon and Green were "co-starters" so since Green was the first guy to go last game this time Lemon starts it out.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

I love it when the phins suck.

Comment

• duhbilz
              S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bling
              Heard? You should've seen him: 5/6 and lead his troops for a score. Green definitely looked like he was holding onto the ball too long. If there's one thing Harrington did well, it was that he got rid of the ball. If he starts, besides wasting a 5th rounder on I guess tutoring Beck, I will not be at all pissed. I like Cleo.
              Green was playing against the Jags best D that ranked 4th overall last year, Cleo wasn't. Cleo was playing with and against the second and third teamers and he's been a starter, so he has experience he should play well against backups. Greens play wasn't nearly as bad as the Oline play, Green moved around well in the pocket and threw some nice passes. Miami didn't start or play, JT, Zach, K.Traylor, or Joey Porter. yet the Dolphins backups still sacked Leftwhich several times against the Jags starters.

Nonetheless it's just preseason for "EVERYONE" and nothing can be taken from any game played. 1st, 2nd, 3rd OR 4th qtrs, period! Let's not get carried away.
              Last edited by duhbilz; 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by duhbilz
                Green was playing against the Jags best D that ranked 4th overall last year, Cleo wasn't. Cleo was playing with and against the second and third teamers and he's been a starter, so he has experience he should play well against backups. Greens play wasn't nearly as bad as the Oline play, Green moved around well in the pocket and threw some nice passes. Miami didn't start or play, JT, Zach, K.Traylor, or Joey Porter. yet the Dolphins backups still sacked Leftwhich several times against their Jags starters.

Nonetheless it's just preseason for "EVERYONE" and nothing can be taken from any game played. 1st, 2nd, 3rd OR 4th qtrs, period! Let's not get carried away.

Comment

• duhbilz
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  Sorry I didn't post a bias post for you. I'm sure you'll get over it.

Comment

• Bling
                    • Jul 2004

I still think Cleo did the best he could, and Green underachieved.

Comment

• dolphan117
                      • Dec 2005

Green was playing against the Jags best D that ranked 4th overall last year, Cleo wasn't. Cleo was playing with and against the second and third teamers and he's been a starter, so he has experience he should play well against backups. Greens play wasn't nearly as bad as the Oline play, Green moved around well in the pocket and threw some nice passes. Miami didn't start or play, JT, Zach, K.Traylor, or Joey Porter. yet the Dolphins backups still sacked Leftwhich several times against their Jags starters.

Which is why the Chiefs game should tell us a lot. Cleo looked good but like you said it was against second and third string guys, its going to be a lot more telling what he does against the Chiefs first team.

Comment

• duhbilz
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bling
                        I still think Cleo did the best he could, and Green underachieved.
                        You would know more then me, but I watched the replay of that game and I'm not sure Cleo would have done anything against the Jags had he started. When the Bills faced the Saints D JP was running early and often, and the Bills weren't playing a D nearly as tough in the Saints as Jacksonville has. Still, I'm sure the Bills didn't gameplan anything, they didn't spend time in the film room studying film on the Saints and as it is every year, the offense takes the longest to gel.

I don't know how you can determine who played better when there wasn't any way you can really tell anything at this point. The Blocking on almost every team in the league so far has be poor, it's always an advantage for the D early on. Even when the season starts it take 3-5 weeks to have an offense up and running efficently and that's if you're returning the same exact team from the year before, we're not even talking changing QB's and changing OC. It's a process, but it can be truned around.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

You would know more then me, but I watched the replay of that game and I'm not sure Cleo would have done anything against the Jags had he started. When the Bills faced the Saints D JP was running early and often, and the Bills weren't playing a D nearly as tough in the Saints as Jacksonville has. Still, I'm sure the Bills didn't gameplan anything, they didn't spend time in the film room studying film on the Saints and as it is every year, the offense takes the longest to gel.
                          Last year JP wasn't sacked once in a win over the Jags last year.

Comment

• duhbilz
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Goobylal
                            Last year JP wasn't sacked once in a win over the Jags last year.
                            What does that have to do with this preseason??

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

haha!you usually pour lemon to take the stinch from seasfood. Let's see if this will work. The smell might be too much.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X