• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Peerless Price Stat That Should be Known

He has the lowest YPC in the NFL for WR's in the past 5 years.

I ask this question...

Why is he such a "lock" for the 2nd WR position?
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Peerless Price Stat That Should be Known

Is he a lock?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

I don't believe that stat.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

If that stat is true I'm sure playing in Atlanta and his lost season between Atlanta and Dallas may have something to do with that.

I'm trying really hard but I'm having trouble thinking of any wide receivers that have really succeeded in ATL when Vick was the QB.

D & S Sports

Comment

• raphael120
          • Oct 2005

Jauron doesn't say it's a position up for grabs.

Comment

• jamesiscool
            suck it fool.
            • Feb 2007

i believe it. he had one big year guys why does everyopne think that jut because he came back to buffalo the old price is guna be back and be as nasty as he was back in the day.

he's a different, older player now who isnt worth a roster spot.

roscoe is steppin it up and like to see him get some reps with the first team just so he can show what he's got.

**** pierless price.
            Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• raphael120
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
              If that stat is true I'm sure playing in Atlanta and his lost season between Atlanta and Dallas may have something to do with that.

I'm trying really hard but I'm having trouble thinking of any wide receivers that have really succeeded in ATL when Vick was the QB.
              I've looked up that information on nfl.com under avg. yards.

Comment

• RockStar36
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jamesiscool
                i believe it. he had one big year guys why does everyopne think that jut because he came back to buffalo the old price is guna be back and be as nasty as he was back in the day.

he's a different, older player now who isnt worth a roster spot.

roscoe is steppin it up and like to see him get some reps with the first team just so he can show what he's got.

**** pierless price.
                He may be older but he is most definitely worth a roster spot. Roscoe is a very good player but should stay at the #3 spot. That is where he is best suited.

Say what you want about Price, but when he is thrown the ball he comes down with it the majority of the time. He just wasn't thrown to as often last year which could come from JP not having much time in the pocket and targeting Evans first.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I don't see how since it's yard per catch he had to actually catch the ball for it to count towards the statistic.

And his yards per catch was pathetic last year for sure. He just isn't even an average receiver.

Comment

• raphael120
                    • Oct 2005

He may be older but he is most definitely worth a roster spot. Roscoe is a very good player but should stay at the #3 spot. That is where he is best suited.

Say what you want about Price, but when he is thrown the ball he comes down with it the majority of the time. He just wasn't thrown to as often last year which could come from JP not having much time in the pocket and targeting Evans first.
                    I have to disagree with this.

Reed was targeted and caught 15 passes less than Price. And he had more total yards than Price too. And he was usually on in 3 wide sets, which meant Reed was probably 3rd in progression, meaning Price wasn't open on these plays and had to go to Reed.

I think part of the problem was Price just not getting open, creating seperation, and that shows with yards after the catch, which he barely had anym, because when the ball WAS thrown to him, he didn't create enough seperation to bust a move on the defender.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Typ0
                      I don't see how since it's yard per catch he had to actually catch the ball for it to count towards the statistic.

And his yards per catch was pathetic last year for sure. He just isn't even an average receiver.
                      Yards per catch are going to be affected when your QB is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and the reciever is constantly having to adjust his routes on the fly.

Peerless is a decent #2. Would I rather see someone else at #2? Probably. But that would require them to bring someone in because I don't think anyone else on the team is really suited to take over that spot.

Like I said, I'm a big Roscoe fan but I don't know if he is ready to start at #2 for good. I like the spot he's at personally.

D & S Sports

Comment

• raphael120
                        • Oct 2005

Let's put it this way.

Mr. I Can't Catch Robert Royal has a higher YPC than Price.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by raphael120
                          I think part of the problem was Price just not getting open, creating seperation, and that shows with yards after the catch, which he barely had anym, because when the ball WAS thrown to him, he didn't create enough seperation to bust a move on the defender.
                          Unless he was catching the ball in the end zone?

I know what you're saying but that stat isn't really all that great. I'm personally willing to give Price another season before making final judgement. I wasn't down on him last year. But hey, maybe that's just me.

D & S Sports

Comment

• raphael120
                            • Oct 2005

It just stinks that Price is our only option. Parrish isn't big enough to be a true #2, though Steve Smith is the same size... And Reed is our big possession guy.

We need to either:

1. Make Parrish our poor mans Steve Smith and have him be number 2

2. Make Reed our very poor mans Hinds Ward and have him as our number 2 possession reciever.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

I guess I'm just willing to live with Price, at least for another year.

Maybe it's just that I think this team has so many other needs that replacing Price is very low on the list.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X