PDA

View Full Version : Peerless Price Stat That Should be Known

raphael120
08-13-2007, 04:16 PM
He has the lowest YPC in the NFL for WR's in the past 5 years.

I ask this question...

Why is he such a "lock" for the 2nd WR position?

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Is he a lock?

LtBillsFan66
08-13-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't believe that stat.

RockStar36
08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
If that stat is true I'm sure playing in Atlanta and his lost season between Atlanta and Dallas may have something to do with that.

I'm trying really hard but I'm having trouble thinking of any wide receivers that have really succeeded in ATL when Vick was the QB.

raphael120
08-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Jauron doesn't say it's a position up for grabs.

jamesiscool
08-13-2007, 04:26 PM
i believe it. he had one big year guys why does everyopne think that jut because he came back to buffalo the old price is guna be back and be as nasty as he was back in the day.

he's a different, older player now who isnt worth a roster spot.

roscoe is steppin it up and like to see him get some reps with the first team just so he can show what he's got.

**** pierless price.

raphael120
08-13-2007, 04:27 PM
If that stat is true I'm sure playing in Atlanta and his lost season between Atlanta and Dallas may have something to do with that.

I'm trying really hard but I'm having trouble thinking of any wide receivers that have really succeeded in ATL when Vick was the QB.

I've looked up that information on nfl.com under avg. yards.

RockStar36
08-13-2007, 04:35 PM
i believe it. he had one big year guys why does everyopne think that jut because he came back to buffalo the old price is guna be back and be as nasty as he was back in the day.

he's a different, older player now who isnt worth a roster spot.

roscoe is steppin it up and like to see him get some reps with the first team just so he can show what he's got.

**** pierless price.

He may be older but he is most definitely worth a roster spot. Roscoe is a very good player but should stay at the #3 spot. That is where he is best suited.

Say what you want about Price, but when he is thrown the ball he comes down with it the majority of the time. He just wasn't thrown to as often last year which could come from JP not having much time in the pocket and targeting Evans first.

Typ0
08-13-2007, 04:40 PM

I don't see how since it's yard per catch he had to actually catch the ball for it to count towards the statistic.

And his yards per catch was pathetic last year for sure. He just isn't even an average receiver.

raphael120
08-13-2007, 04:41 PM
He may be older but he is most definitely worth a roster spot. Roscoe is a very good player but should stay at the #3 spot. That is where he is best suited.

Say what you want about Price, but when he is thrown the ball he comes down with it the majority of the time. He just wasn't thrown to as often last year which could come from JP not having much time in the pocket and targeting Evans first.

I have to disagree with this.

Reed was targeted and caught 15 passes less than Price. And he had more total yards than Price too. And he was usually on in 3 wide sets, which meant Reed was probably 3rd in progression, meaning Price wasn't open on these plays and had to go to Reed.

I think part of the problem was Price just not getting open, creating seperation, and that shows with yards after the catch, which he barely had anym, because when the ball WAS thrown to him, he didn't create enough seperation to bust a move on the defender.

RockStar36
08-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't see how since it's yard per catch he had to actually catch the ball for it to count towards the statistic.

And his yards per catch was pathetic last year for sure. He just isn't even an average receiver.

Yards per catch are going to be affected when your QB is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and the reciever is constantly having to adjust his routes on the fly.

Peerless is a decent #2. Would I rather see someone else at #2? Probably. But that would require them to bring someone in because I don't think anyone else on the team is really suited to take over that spot.

Like I said, I'm a big Roscoe fan but I don't know if he is ready to start at #2 for good. I like the spot he's at personally.

raphael120
08-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Let's put it this way.

Mr. I Can't Catch Robert Royal has a higher YPC than Price.

RockStar36
08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I think part of the problem was Price just not getting open, creating seperation, and that shows with yards after the catch, which he barely had anym, because when the ball WAS thrown to him, he didn't create enough seperation to bust a move on the defender.

Unless he was catching the ball in the end zone?

I know what you're saying but that stat isn't really all that great. I'm personally willing to give Price another season before making final judgement. I wasn't down on him last year. But hey, maybe that's just me.

raphael120
08-13-2007, 04:45 PM
It just stinks that Price is our only option. Parrish isn't big enough to be a true #2, though Steve Smith is the same size... And Reed is our big possession guy.

We need to either:

1. Make Parrish our poor mans Steve Smith and have him be number 2

2. Make Reed our very poor mans Hinds Ward and have him as our number 2 possession reciever.

RockStar36
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I guess I'm just willing to live with Price, at least for another year.

Maybe it's just that I think this team has so many other needs that replacing Price is very low on the list.

raphael120
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Unless he was catching the ball in the end zone?

I know what you're saying but that stat isn't really all that great. I'm personally willing to give Price another season before making final judgement. I wasn't down on him last year. But hey, maybe that's just me.

I'd rather him be catching consistant balls for first downs than having 1 spectacular TD catch to beat the friggin Texans.

raphael120
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I guess I'm just willing to live with Price, at least for another year.

Maybe it's just that I think this team has so many other needs that replacing Price is very low on the list.

Yeah, and that's the other sad reality of it too.

RockStar36
08-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I'd rather him be catching consistant balls for first downs than having 1 spectacular TD catch to beat the friggin Texans.

LOL, that is exactly what I was referring to. Good catch.

Typ0
08-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Yards per catch are going to be affected when your QB is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and the reciever is constantly having to adjust his routes on the fly.

Peerless is a decent #2. Would I rather see someone else at #2? Probably. But that would require them to bring someone in because I don't think anyone else on the team is really suited to take over that spot.

Like I said, I'm a big Roscoe fan but I don't know if he is ready to start at #2 for good. I like the spot he's at personally.

well, he hardly surfaced before he was cut from Atlanta...and then he got picked up in Dallas and I'm not sure he even made the roster. I know he wasn't on the field that much. So he didn't have the talent to get in their receiver corps. Of course, here he's the number two guy.

Philagape
08-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Peerless Price is a one-year wonder that's been dumped twice in the past three years. And as was pointed out in this thread, one of the teams that dumped him hasn't been a hotbed of wide receivers; that's not a good thing to be said about him. The only reason he's the incumbent starter here is very weak competition. We're a team of one great #1 and a bunch of #3s.

gil
08-13-2007, 04:55 PM

I ask this question...

ok, I went to nfl.com - these are Peerless' avgs for the last 5 years - in none of those years was he last in the NFL:

2002 13.3
2003 13.1
2004 12.8
2005 16.0
2006 8.2

So I don't know where you got that stat.

That being said, I agree that Peerless should not be a lock for the #2 and I hope we draft WR next year to give Lee a true #2 threat.

Typ0
08-13-2007, 04:59 PM
ok, I went to nfl.com - these are Peerless' avgs for the last 5 years - in none of those years was he last in the NFL:

2002 13.3
2003 13.1
2004 12.8
2005 16.0
2006 8.2

That being said, I agree that Peerless should not be a lock for the #2 and I hope we draft WR next year to give Lee a true #2 threat.

This doesn't really address the original stat because he could have been low in every year but the lowest when you put all years together.

gil
08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
This doesn't really address the original stat because he could have been low in every year but the lowest when you put all years together.

ok, so the avg for those 5 years is 12.68 - I would be surprised if that's last in the nfl - there are all sorts of other variables too - is he counting lowest YPC among players who caught at least X number of passes, or played in X number of games, etc.

I still agree with his central point though - I just think that stat probably isn't accurate.

patmoran2006
08-13-2007, 05:12 PM

Or maybe the 8.1 yards per catch last year with the Bills has something to do with it?

patmoran2006
08-13-2007, 05:13 PM
ok, so the avg for those 5 years is 12.68 - I would be surprised if that's last in the nfl - there are all sorts of other variables too - is he counting lowest YPC among players who caught at least X number of passes, or played in X number of games, etc.

I still agree with his central point though - I just think that stat probably isn't accurate.
It is accurate.. I heard the same thing and Im trying to remember the source.

Stewie
08-13-2007, 05:33 PM
as far as I'm concerned Peerless Price can go to hell for dropping that pass against GB all those years ago.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Agreed. The only reason why peerless was so good here was because eric moulds was also with him, an moulds drew attention off price so that price could be open alot more..

Typ0
08-13-2007, 05:50 PM

yeah, I agree, he's below average.

patmoran2006
08-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Actually.

The stat I remember now is that he had the lowest YPC among STARTING WR's in the NFL for last year. that's what i remember and I'm trying to recall the source.

I dont know about the past five years, but I know he was at the bottom of the league among all starters last year.

Regardless, he's a chump and I cant beleive Im saying this; but Im pulling for Josh Reed to FINALLY come up big so they can move Parrish to #3 in the slot.

Typ0
08-13-2007, 06:18 PM
I actually think Josh Reed might be able to get the job done. I know he's dropped passes but that is mental and not physical so it certainly has the potential to be corrected in the right situation...and Josh Reed might very well be the receiver we have been looking for.

justasportsfan
08-13-2007, 06:26 PM

I ask this question...

when you have Vick running 6 yards behind you while running your route, you're not gonna have huge ypc.

Don't get me wrong, I think he should battle it out for the position but you're trying to make it look like it's all hs fault.

Typ0
08-13-2007, 06:30 PM
when you have Vick running 6 yards behind you while running your route, you're not gonna have huge ypc.

Don't get me wrong, I think he should battle it out for the position but you're trying to make it look like it's all hs fault.

then vick ran and he didn't get a catch...hence it wasn't part of YPC. If anything the threat of the QB taking off should really help that stat not hurt it.

justasportsfan
08-13-2007, 06:33 PM
then vick ran and he didn't get a catch...hence it wasn't part of YPC. If anything the threat of the QB taking off should really help that stat not hurt it.
actually when Vick is scrambling a lot of the times the wr runs back . I doubt there are any stats for that but it's Vick, the runningback that can throw. That's like trying to assess the situation with Rob Johnson as your qb.

OpIv37
08-13-2007, 06:38 PM

It's NEVER the player's fault with you- it's always the system, or the coaches, or the OL, or the QB or someone OTHER than the player themselves.

Every time someone puts on a Bills uni, you have a million excuses for them. I'd like to believe that every guy who wears our jersey is good enough too, but that's just not the reality of the situation.

justasportsfan
08-13-2007, 06:46 PM
It's NEVER the player's fault with you- it's always the system, or the coaches, or the OL, or the QB or someone OTHER than the player themselves.

Every time someone puts on a Bills uni, you have a million excuses for them. I'd like to believe that every guy who wears our jersey is good enough too, but that's just not the reality of the situation.

I said he should battle it out and not be handed the job. Haven't you *****ed enough for the day that you'll interpret things the way you want to so that you'll have something to ***** about ? Cant you give it a rest for a little bit?

OpIv37
08-13-2007, 06:52 PM
I said he should battle it out and not be handed the job. Haven't you *****ed enough for the day that you'll interpret things the way you want to so that you'll have something to ***** about ?

I get sick of the excuses. I'm sick of having to defend guys. I want players who defend themselves via their play on the field.

And don't blame my interpretation- YOU'RE the one who blamed Peerless' stats on Vick.

justasportsfan
08-13-2007, 06:54 PM
I get sick of the excuses. I'm sick of having to defend guys. I want players who defend themselves via their play on the field.

And don't blame my interpretation- YOU'RE the one who blamed Peerless' stats on Vick.
you're still *****ing....easy....relax...... think of happy thoughts......

The Spaz
08-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Michael Vick sure didn't help as a QB either.

John Doe
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I sure am glad that they signed Price last year.

He contributed in a big way to some of our wins with clutch catches and was a leader to the young wide recievers.

justasportsfan
08-13-2007, 07:42 PM

He contributed in a big way to some of our wins with clutch catches and was a leader to the young wide recievers.
shhhhhhh ! He's chillin. Don't wake him up.

OpIv37
08-13-2007, 08:44 PM

do you honestly believe this or are you just trying to antagonize me?

OpIv37
08-13-2007, 08:47 PM
shhhhhhh ! He's chillin. Don't wake him up.

Actually I was working out.

John Doe
08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
do you honestly believe this or are you just trying to antagonize me?

Both.

OpIv37
08-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Both.

well, for once I've got other things to do so I'm not gonna take the bait. I've already made my views on Price well known around here.

YardRat
08-13-2007, 09:31 PM

2002 13.3
2003 13.1
2004 12.8
2005 16.0
2006 8.2

Eric Moulds--

2002-12.9 (lower)
2003-12.2 (lower)
2004-11.9 (lower)
2005-10.1 (lower)
2006-9.8 (higher)

Both have a career average of 13.2 YPC.

Just throwing that out there.

YardRat
08-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Eric Moulds - 390 catches, 4488 yards, 11.51 YPC.

Peerless - 253, 3143, 12.42.

Last five years, combined, there's at least one WR that has a worse YPC than Price.

Typ0
08-13-2007, 09:43 PM
maybe the 8.2 he posted last year was the lowest ypc in the last five years.

YardRat
08-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Ike Hilliard had 8.1 in 2005.

Scumbag College
08-13-2007, 10:05 PM
I liked what I saw in Josh Reed last Friday. I know it's only one preseason game, but if Reed can cure those dropsies that he's had, he sure as hell can block better than most wideouts in the league helping possibly break a few more long runs.

Reports out of TC are that Reed and Parrish are playing well, and if Reed beats out Price as the #2, there might not be room on this team for Price. I like what Parrish can bring to the slot, and Fast Freddy and Aiken can stay as #4 and #5 receivers that can play on special teams.

djjimkelly
08-13-2007, 10:09 PM

I ask this question...

your stat is BS show documentation!!!!! and please say u dont like price but dont make **** up

raphael120
08-13-2007, 10:31 PM
your stat is BS show documentation!!!!! and please say u dont like price but dont make **** up

I ain't makin **** up, out of the starting wide receivers he had the lowest YPC. They were talking about it on WGR today. Even if it is stretching the truth a little bit, the fact remains that he is not a threat in our passing game.

Which means:

1. Lee getting double, triple covered.
2. Our run game suffers because we don't have a respectable air attack.
3. Lack of any other WR's stepping up despite Price.
4. Lack of any OPPORTUNITY for any other WR to step up because the powers that be believes Price is best serving as a #2.

which....

5. Shows how bad our WRs after Price must be if they can't even win the position from Price.
6. No one is even talking about the possibilty of someone taking the job from Price in training camp.

I just really have to question the personnel decisions this year.

Kelsays big contract.

Giving DiGiorgio first team reps all the time when Poz has a bigger upside and should be learning how to play with the first team and getting chemistry with those players.

Not trying out another WR at the second WR position with the starting offense.

The assumption that Webster is going to be good enough to be starting at the 2nd CB spot.

If Poz is getting all this time in with the backups, why didn't Lynch get more reps in the preseason game too? It's not like he's a proven vet. Lynch had 2 carries. Adrian Peterson had 11 carries.

I just don't like the pussy-foot attitude Jauron is taking with these players. I think i our lack of physical play is going to show up this season, most likely in the run D again. Our young team needs all the help they can get. I'm seeing teams that played poorly last season get alot of reps out there if they didn't get the job done in the first couple drives. Namely the Redskins, Oakland, Lions, Arizona. Even teams that did do well last year like the Cowboys and New Orleans.

I know it's just the first preseason game and all, but I just think with a lot of positions on this team, there is a very fine line between our starters and our backups with all these young players on this team. I just want to see if these supposed starters are going to play well.

Typ0
08-14-2007, 06:25 AM

I did hear Jerry Sullivan saying that on WGR a couple days ago and assume that's where this thread came from. I would want to verify it because I don't know if Jerry Sullivan knows what he's talking about.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 08:14 AM
does it really matter if he's the lowest, or the lowest in the last 5 years, or the lowest amongst starters, or the lowest on our team?

His YPC is still too low no matter what the exact stat. This argument is basically "he sucks TTTTTHHHHHHHHIIIIIISSSSS much" followed by "no, he only sucks THIS much", but at the end of the day, he still sucks.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 08:52 AM

BURN!!!!!!