PDA

View Full Version : Lynch??

tenplay
08-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Until Saturday everyone was talking about ML on this board. Since that game hardly a peep. Like he suddenly disappeared. So why did he get only two carries in the whole game? Was it to protect him from injuries or to keep his talent hidden? I don't get it at all. Everyone including the coaches must surely want to see him in action carrying the ball and going out for some passes. I didn't see the game on tv. How was his blocking?

patmoran2006
08-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I think it was clearly to protect him... A Train barely played either. And after what happened to Kenny Irons, I hope they keep doing it.

They want to see more of Wright, Williams and Jackson to determine the #3 Halfback.

I think you'll see one game where he'll get 12-15 carries and that will probably be it til the regular season.

justasportsfan
08-13-2007, 07:52 PM
He's gonna suck if we are gonna base it on the 1st preseason game . 3 yards?

If Ralph was CHEAP he wouldn't have hired Lynch. He can do that himself.

Tatonka
08-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Until Saturday everyone was talking about ML on this board. Since that game hardly a peep. Like he suddenly disappeared. So why did he get only two carries in the whole game? Was it to protect him from injuries or to keep his talent hidden? I don't get it at all. Everyone including the coaches must surely want to see him in action carrying the ball and going out for some passes. I didn't see the game on tv. How was his blocking?

he didnt play because apparently langston walker cant block.

:snicker:

John Doe
08-13-2007, 08:07 PM
I think that before the game the coaches considered Thomas to be #1 and Lynch to be #1a.

Lynch was being treated like a starter: when they decided to pull the first team they pulled him too. There is no doubt in the coaches' minds as to what they have in him.

ddaryl
08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
I don't think the Bills want to see the bubble boys at RB . They know ML is on the final roster, they gave the 1st game to the rest of the RB corps to see who deserves to be here past the 1st cut.

I would believe ML will see quite a few more touches in game #2

duhbilz
08-13-2007, 08:27 PM
I think it was clearly to protect him... A Train barely played either. And after what happened to Kenny Irons, I hope they keep doing it.

They want to see more of Wright, Williams and Jackson to determine the #3 Halfback.

I think you'll see one game where he'll get 12-15 carries and that will probably be it til the regular season.

I don't agree, I think he needs more then 2 carries. If he were a proven player I would agree, but he needs the reps early and often to get use to the speed of the NFL. He will be a big part of what the Bills do, he can't wait till the regular season to get his reps. You can't always worry about injuries. The sooner he gets up to speed the better for the Bills.

HHURRICANE
08-13-2007, 09:28 PM

I think you are reading way too much into this.

I think it's the opposite. They are confdent enough in Marshawyn that they don't have to take any chances.

realdealryan
08-13-2007, 10:38 PM
We should cut him.

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Is this a serious thread? :shakeno:

Mudflap1
08-14-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't agree, I think he needs more then 2 carries. If he were a proven player I would agree, but he needs the reps early and often to get use to the speed of the NFL. He will be a big part of what the Bills do, he can't wait till the regular season to get his reps. You can't always worry about injuries. The sooner he gets up to speed the better for the Bills.

I tend to agree with you. Granted, the coaches may know best and maybe they'll be proven right, but I don't think that this team is talented enough to be able to let the starters basically get a light workout and hope they hit the ground running in midseason form Week 1.

Maybe we'll see something different in the next three preseason games.

Jon

TrentEdwards2008
08-14-2007, 12:35 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with Trent's stellar debut. It seems like the entire football world was more focused on him then Lynch's lackluster debut.

It might be a good idea to sit Lynch the whole preseason and protect the secret weapon like San Diego is doing with LT. Don't want to risk injury and the Edwards/Evans/Lynch tripletts are going to be striking fear into defenses years to come!!!!

ublinkwescore
08-14-2007, 02:59 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with Trent's stellar debut. It seems like the entire football world was more focused on him then Lynch's lackluster debut.

It might be a good idea to sit Lynch the whole preseason and protect the secret weapon like San Diego is doing with LT. Don't want to risk injury and the Edwards/Evans/Lynch tripletts are going to be striking fear into defenses years to come!!!!

You're funny.

Seriously.

Buckets
08-14-2007, 10:52 AM

Is that you TD?

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 10:59 AM
depends who you're talking to. If you're talking to those who think the 1st preseason game matters, yeah cut Lynch. 1.5 yards per carry isn't gonna cut it.

duhbilz
08-14-2007, 12:17 PM
I tend to agree with you. Granted, the coaches may know best and maybe they'll be proven right, but I don't think that this team is talented enough to be able to let the starters basically get a light workout and hope they hit the ground running in midseason form Week 1.

Maybe we'll see something different in the next three preseason games.

Jon

I hope so.

jamze132
08-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Jauron just wanted to give Lynch a "taste". He wanted to see what the other RBs could do since at least one of them won't be on the roster in a couple of weeks. Let's just hope Shaud (I bring nothing to the table) Williams is the odd man out. He and Timmy Anderson need to go.

Wys Guy
08-14-2007, 07:01 PM

LOL

Indeed. Probably wise to keep at least something "under wraps" until the season begins. We obviously don't have too much.

Lynch can run. The question is how well he'll do. I'm not sure a few preseason games is going to make much of a difference either. He'll do what he does best during the season one way or another.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
It's as simple as this- Lynch and Thomas were slated to work with the first team. Unfortunately, the D couldn't get off the field (and the O didn't move the ball particularly well when they had their chances either) so at the start of the 2nd quarter, the first team O (Lynch included) hardly had any snaps when they were pulled.

I'm glad they didn't risk getting Lynch killed with the scrub OL's.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Lynch blows. 1.5 yards where preseason counts.

BAM
08-14-2007, 09:10 PM
LYNCH TO GET MORE WORK FRIDAY: After appearing in only 7-8 plays and getting just three carries last Friday in Buffalo's first preseason game, head coach Dick Jauron confirmed that Marshawn Lynch will get more playing time Friday night in his Ralph Wilson Stadium debut against Atlanta. We expect more details on playing from coach Jauron after tomorrow's night practice. ---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1738

Mad Bomber
08-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Don't worry about Marshawn. For crying out loud, we have played ONE PRESEASON game. It's where you work the kinks out and look at your bubble players. The people who are OVERreacting to our performance in this game don't have a clue to what this team will be. (By the way, we won).
I'm too lazy to write 50 posts about the Bills' future, making confident predictions about how bad we'll suck, or about how great we'll be....

I'll be at the opener, and I suspect that we'll get run all over by the Broncos. I also think that our O will make a statement.

I am keeping an open mind about this season, which by the way doesn't START for another month.

I'm not willing to claim us dead because of our first action against another team.

Wys Guy
08-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Agreed Mad. We'll see what moves he has on Friday, at least a glimpse.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Agreed Mad. We'll see what moves he has on Friday, at least a glimpse.
where's my $$$ :mad:

Typ0
08-14-2007, 10:22 PM
what lynch can do is going to be solely based on what the OLine can do. Since we tied up a ton of our cash in the OLine they better not suck. I'm willing to give them some time to "gel" together. They have three more weeks. If they don't get their acts together then we're probably going to be the worst team in the league this year. No worries about ML though.