X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tenplay
    • Apr 2007

Lynch??

Until Saturday everyone was talking about ML on this board. Since that game hardly a peep. Like he suddenly disappeared. So why did he get only two carries in the whole game? Was it to protect him from injuries or to keep his talent hidden? I don't get it at all. Everyone including the coaches must surely want to see him in action carrying the ball and going out for some passes. I didn't see the game on tv. How was his blocking?
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Lynch??

I think it was clearly to protect him... A Train barely played either. And after what happened to Kenny Irons, I hope they keep doing it.

They want to see more of Wright, Williams and Jackson to determine the #3 Halfback.

I think you'll see one game where he'll get 12-15 carries and that will probably be it til the regular season.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

He's gonna suck if we are gonna base it on the 1st preseason game . 3 yards?

If Ralph was CHEAP he wouldn't have hired Lynch. He can do that himself.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tenplay
        Until Saturday everyone was talking about ML on this board. Since that game hardly a peep. Like he suddenly disappeared. So why did he get only two carries in the whole game? Was it to protect him from injuries or to keep his talent hidden? I don't get it at all. Everyone including the coaches must surely want to see him in action carrying the ball and going out for some passes. I didn't see the game on tv. How was his blocking?

he didnt play because apparently langston walker cant block.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• John Doe
          Florida Man
          • Jul 2002

I think that before the game the coaches considered Thomas to be #1 and Lynch to be #1a.

Lynch was being treated like a starter: when they decided to pull the first team they pulled him too. There is no doubt in the coaches' minds as to what they have in him.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I don't think the Bills want to see the bubble boys at RB . They know ML is on the final roster, they gave the 1st game to the rest of the RB corps to see who deserves to be here past the 1st cut.

I would believe ML will see quite a few more touches in game #2

Comment

• duhbilz
              S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I think it was clearly to protect him... A Train barely played either. And after what happened to Kenny Irons, I hope they keep doing it.

They want to see more of Wright, Williams and Jackson to determine the #3 Halfback.

I think you'll see one game where he'll get 12-15 carries and that will probably be it til the regular season.

I don't agree, I think he needs more then 2 carries. If he were a proven player I would agree, but he needs the reps early and often to get use to the speed of the NFL. He will be a big part of what the Bills do, he can't wait till the regular season to get his reps. You can't always worry about injuries. The sooner he gets up to speed the better for the Bills.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tenplay
                I think you are reading way too much into this.

I think it's the opposite. They are confdent enough in Marshawyn that they don't have to take any chances.

Comment

• realdealryan
                  realdealrex
                  • Nov 2005

We should cut him.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Is this a serious thread?

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by duhbilz
                      I don't agree, I think he needs more then 2 carries. If he were a proven player I would agree, but he needs the reps early and often to get use to the speed of the NFL. He will be a big part of what the Bills do, he can't wait till the regular season to get his reps. You can't always worry about injuries. The sooner he gets up to speed the better for the Bills.
                      I tend to agree with you. Granted, the coaches may know best and maybe they'll be proven right, but I don't think that this team is talented enough to be able to let the starters basically get a light workout and hope they hit the ground running in midseason form Week 1.

Maybe we'll see something different in the next three preseason games.

Jon

Comment

• TrentEdwards2008
                        • Aug 2007

I think a lot of it has to do with Trent's stellar debut. It seems like the entire football world was more focused on him then Lynch's lackluster debut.

It might be a good idea to sit Lynch the whole preseason and protect the secret weapon like San Diego is doing with LT. Don't want to risk injury and the Edwards/Evans/Lynch tripletts are going to be striking fear into defenses years to come!!!!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TrentEdwards2008
                          I think a lot of it has to do with Trent's stellar debut. It seems like the entire football world was more focused on him then Lynch's lackluster debut.

It might be a good idea to sit Lynch the whole preseason and protect the secret weapon like San Diego is doing with LT. Don't want to risk injury and the Edwards/Evans/Lynch tripletts are going to be striking fear into defenses years to come!!!!
                          You're funny.

Seriously.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Buckets
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by TrentEdwards2008

Is that you TD?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Is this a serious thread?
                              depends who you're talking to. If you're talking to those who think the 1st preseason game matters, yeah cut Lynch. 1.5 yards per carry isn't gonna cut it.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X