PDA

View Full Version : OUCH...CBS lets ESPN broadcast the NCAA Tournament games....

Michael82
03-20-2003, 12:31 PM
This has to hurt CBS financially, doesn't it? They are giving ESPN the rights to broadcast these games...I wonder how much ABC/ESPN is paying them. :scratch:

Due to CBS News coverage of the war, we have made arrangements to move the NCAA Tournament to ESPN for the following games.
ALL TIMES EASTERN

Thursday, March 20
Indianapolis - 12:20PM Marquette- Holy Cross ESPN Coverage
Oklahoma City - 12:25PM California- North Carolina State
Salt Lake City - 12:40PM Cincinnati- Gonzaga

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/6264959

LtBillsFan66
03-20-2003, 12:36 PM
Looks like CBS has their priorities straight.

Michael82
03-20-2003, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I applaud them. I just wish that the NCAA decided to postpone the whole thing as a sign of respect. :madcurse:

Oh well...God Bless America! :patriot:

LtBillsFan66
03-20-2003, 12:50 PM
It's a delicate issue. Life goes on. Sports in entertainment. Sports are a bit trivial at times like this. But we can’t give up living. Weird issue.

Bulldog
03-20-2003, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike32282
[B]I just wish that the NCAA decided to postpone the whole thing as a sign of respect. :madcurse:

I disagree. Why should the NCAA tournament be canceled? We are all very interested in what goes on in Iraq, but I for one can't sit and watch war coverage for hours at a time. It is a nice break from all the war footage. I heard an interview with several military personnel, and they even said that they would be dissappointed if the tournment was canceled. They stated it gives them a welcome break also.