PDA

View Full Version : I think the arguing should start

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Look People, I have been a fan of the Bills sinse the days of the Rockpile and I have learned a thing or two over the last 40 years.
Every year we have fans that want to write off the season before we finish preseason. I was like that myself 30 years ago.

Every poor team eventually turns the corner from being an untalented team to a young contender in their division and the Bills clearly did this last season, this is not the same old Bills from the recent past!
I remember laughing at the Saints 2 years ago,but I am not laughing now!

Suicide wings are custom made for people that make predictions before the preseason is completed and some necessary adjustments are made.

Every team in the NFL has weaknesses and the Superbowl Champs would not have the Lombardi trophy in their showcase if they could not overcome a few problems.

Marv Levy is well aware of the weaknesses and will make the necessary adjustemnts before the season starts and some people will be gasping at the corner bar for a pitcher of cold beer to wash down their premature predictions as the Paramedics wheel them away to the nearest local hospital!

Its time to start arguing about what needs to be done to get us to the playoffs...

One solid defensive Tackle for rotation.

One Veteran Corner to stabilize the secondary.

Perhaps a veteran LB.

The sky is not falling and the leaks are small, and it is imposible to rate the Bills before the bullets start flying for real! I can tell you for sure this is a talented bunch of players we have and the proof will be coming soon!

Never count a team out with available cap space and a few needs!

Wally

Earthquake Enyart
08-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Atta boy, Wally. I'm with you.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 08:53 AM
:bandwagon

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 08:59 AM
I just want you guys to know I am not a homer, I like the Bills with their present roster and Poz was an upgrade to our defense. I still can not believe how well he played this last week!

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 11:09 AM
When was the last time the Bills could brag about no available tickets for most of the games.....70,000 people can't all be wrong! (lol)

Ickybaluky
08-14-2007, 11:49 AM
When was the last time the Bills could brag about no available tickets for most of the games.....70,000 people can't all be wrong! (lol)

While the Bills slipped to an average of 67,646 fans (91.5% capacity) per game last year (a 7% drop off) they actually sold a most of their seats the three years prior.

In 2005 they averaged 71,906 (97.2% capacity).

In 2004 they averaged 71800 (97.1% capacity).

In 2003 they averaged 73015 (98.7% capacity).

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 12:55 PM

While the Bills slipped to an average of 67,646 fans (91.5% capacity) per game last year (a 7% drop off) they actually sold a most of their seats the three years prior.

In 2005 they averaged 71,906 (97.2% capacity).

In 2004 they averaged 71800 (97.1% capacity).

In 2003 they averaged 73015 (98.7% capacity).

I know there will not be a empty seat down here in Florida at Boomer's in Port Charlotte!

Thats got to be good for something!

LtBillsFan66
08-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Wally! {clap, clap} Wally! {clap, clap} Wally! {clap, clap} Wally! {clap, clap}

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Wally's got the clap?

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 01:04 PM

I really think this team is much better then many think and I can not wait for the opener when the bandwagon crumples from the weight!

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 01:04 PM

we will see.......

Bill Brasky
08-14-2007, 01:06 PM

haha awesome man

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Anything new on Tank Hargrove?

Typ0
08-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Look People, I have been a fan of the Bills sinse the days of the Rockpile and I have learned a thing or two over the last 40 years.
Every year we have fans that want to write off the season before we finish preseason. I was like that myself 30 years ago.

Every poor team eventually turns the corner from being an untalented team to a young contender in their division and the Bills clearly did this last season, this is not the same old Bills from the recent past!
I remember laughing at the Saints 2 years ago,but I am not laughing now! It would be wise to compare the Saints to the Bills this season!

Suicide wings are custom made for people that make predictions before the preseason is completed and some necessary adjustments are made.

Every team in the NFL has weaknesses and the Superbowl Champs would not have the Lombardi trophy in their showcase if they could not overcome a few problems.

Marv Levy is well aware of the weaknesses and will make the necessary adjustemnts before the season starts and some people will be gasping at the corner bar for a pitcher of cold beer to wash down their premature predictions as the Paramedics wheel them away to the nearest local hospital!

Its time to start arguing about what needs to be done to get us to the playoffs...

Perhaps a veteran LB.

The sky is not falling and the leaks are small, and it is imposible to rate the Bills before the bullets start flying for real! I can tell you for sure this is a talented bunch of players we have and the proof will be coming soon!

Wally

The Saint's are the perfect example! What did they play 10 or 11 games against teams with losing records last year?

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 05:26 PM
The Saint's are the perfect example! What did they play 10 or 11 games against teams with losing records last year?

Not exactly what I was getting at.

A young team with a rookie running back and a quarterback about equal to Losman and a well drafted young team!

But you are right...there uniforms are different colors too!

X-Era
08-14-2007, 05:31 PM

I remember laughing at the Saints 2 years ago,but I am not laughing now! It would be wise to compare the Saints to the Bills this season!

Perhaps a veteran LB.

Wally

I believe all we need to do is believe.

I think we will win a Superbowl when the fans get back to being the home of the 12th man.

:dance:

I continue to feel the bulk of the supposed issues would occur on almost any team in almost any year.

My point is only that we will NEVER have everything we need so that we feel we have no issues. The great teams overcome their flaws.

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 05:34 PM
I believe all we need to do is believe.

I think we will win a Superbowl when the fans get back to being the home of the 12th man.

:dance:

I continue to feel the bulk of the supposed issues would occur on almost any team in almost any year.

My point is only that we will NEVER have everything we need so that we feel we have no issues. The great teams overcome their flaws.

Well said my friend!

Typ0
08-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Not exactly what I was getting at.

A young team with a rookie running back and a quarterback about equal to Losman and a well drafted young team!

But you are right...there uniforms are different colors too!

you are saying that Drew Brees and JP Losman are equals? That's ridiculous...they are at completely different points in their careers. Brees QB rating for the three years JP has been playing averages well over 90 and JP hasn't even hit 90. A couple years ago Brees was 104 for the season! There is no way you can compare these guys as equal.

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
you are saying that Drew Brees and JP Losman are equals? That's ridiculous...they are at completely different points in their careers. Brees QB rating for the three years JP has been playing averages well over 90 and JP hasn't even hit 90. A couple years ago Brees was 104 for the season! There is no way you can compare these guys as equal.

Your right, Losman is much better then Brees...come see me at the end of the season!
You are getting all tied up in stats and that was never the purpose of the comparison...

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Your right, Losman is much better then Brees...come see me at the end of the season!
You are getting all tied up in stats and that was never the purpose of the comparison...

You're a bigger homer than I am. I like it. You should post more often .

njsue
08-14-2007, 06:39 PM
In Marv Levy I do trust :D

SABURZFAN
08-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Losman is much better then Brees...come see me at the end of the season!

JP needs to put up a better season than brees to be that established QB that the Bills need.while brees has the luxury of knowing that he's the man in New Orleans,losman has a Rookie who could possibly have his job next year.

Wally The Barber
08-15-2007, 06:10 AM
JP needs to put up a better season than brees to be that established QB that the Bills need.while brees has the luxury of knowing that he's the man in New Orleans,losman has a Rookie who could possibly have his job next year.
I am not a Brees fan but you can probaby tell that!

Typ0
08-15-2007, 06:25 AM
I am not a Brees fan but you can probaby tell that!

you don't have to be a fan of the guy to recognize that he's an established, successful QB. He's been in the top ten in performance for years now and a couple years he has totally lit up the league. You can't put JP Losman into that category.

Wally The Barber
08-15-2007, 06:41 AM
you don't have to be a fan of the guy to recognize that he's an established, successful QB. He's been in the top ten in performance for years now and a couple years he has totally lit up the league. You can't put JP Losman into that category.

Personally I do not think Bress will ever win you anything but a division championship and he stuggles in the big games.
Losman has more upside and I will take him over Brees any day of the week!

Brees is a tweeter...Good but not great!

Typ0
08-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Personally I do not think Bress will ever win you anything but a division championship and he stuggles in the big games.
Losman has more upside and I will take him over Brees any day of the week!

Brees is a tweeter...Good but not great!

He has won in the playoffs, beaten the patriots and made the probowl. Has JP Losman done any of those things?

Wally The Barber
08-15-2007, 06:56 AM
He has won in the playoffs, beaten the patriots and made the probowl. Has JP Losman done any of those things?

Lots of QB's make the pro bowl and history is loaded with these guys. Wareen Moon was a true great but never won anything. I was never a Dan Marino fan either!
Losman has not been in the position to win anything yet but I like his upside better!

mybills
08-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Go Wally, Go Wally, fight the fight, Go Wally! :jill:

:snicker:

I don't know why people have to use stats for players. You can see so much more just by watching them.

Wally The Barber
08-15-2007, 07:10 AM
You're a bigger homer than I am. I like it. You should post more often .

I like to be known as a homer but it has its downside!