PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Vick negotiating plea bargain...

MikeInRoch
08-14-2007, 01:01 PM
There's no story yet, just this:

Michael Vick is negotiating a deal for a plea bargain in his dogfighting case, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Bill Brasky
08-14-2007, 01:04 PM
wow, shocking news. way to go cnn!

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Here is to Micheal Vick becoming the jailhouse prom queen!

M
08-14-2007, 01:13 PM
I also read that if he doesn't accept the plea by Friday that another indictment will come down with 2 additional federal dog fighting charges. Buh-Bye!

A source close to the investigation told ESPN that Vick has until Friday to make up his mind whether to accept a plea agreement. Otherwise a superseding indictment will be filed and Vick will face at least two more federal dogfighting charges.A source close to the investigation told ESPN that Vick has until Friday to make up his mind whether to accept a plea agreement. Otherwise a superseding indictment will be filed and Vick will face at least two more federal dogfighting charges.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20253462/

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Well I doubt he does any time

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Well I doubt he does any time

On federal Charges? With two RICO charges hanging over his head?

Want to bet on that one? The legal analysists on last night said he really can't avoid doing time.

Ebenezer
08-14-2007, 01:25 PM
If he is negotiating then he is guilty. Send him away.

Ebenezer
08-14-2007, 01:25 PM

Ebenezer
08-14-2007, 01:26 PM
On federal Charges? With two RICO charges hanging over his head?

Want to bet on that one? The legal analysists on last night said he really can't avoid doing time.
it will be severely shortened if he cops a plea.

JoeMama
08-14-2007, 01:30 PM
I think Ron Mexico will find a way to weasel his sentence down to minimum time served, if any time at all.

However, it looks like the NFL plans to wash their hands of him. I think he's gone for 2007 and possibly some of 2008 - and his contract will likely be voided by the NFL.

That's a $130 million dollar contract erased; in addition to the loss of endorsements.

He's life may not be destroyed, but his career probably is.

jamze132
08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
He won't spend much more than 30 days in jail, if that. He will have a **** load of fines, which won't really effect him that much, but the biggest hurt is when Goodell expells him from the NFL for good.

I doubt that will happen but I would like to see a lifetime ban. If he is just suspended for one year, then next year, an admitted felon is back making millions in the NFL like nothing ever happened. **** that! Send this guy packin'... fudge packin'!

MikeInRoch
08-14-2007, 01:32 PM
I'll bet he's not back with Atlanta, tho. So what team will be desparate enough to give him a shot?

Ebenezer
08-14-2007, 01:36 PM
I'll bet he's not back with Atlanta, tho. So what team will be desparate enough to give him a shot?
a team that doesn't care about the backlash from the fans.

duhbilz
08-14-2007, 01:37 PM

Maybe, but being a star doesn't help his cause. People so want to convict the high profile star, that sometimes what really happened isn't nearly as important as watching someone fall from grace. Not to mention it makes it easier for those who want to lessen their charge to step up and exaggerate the facts. Not saying this is the case, but it's very possible. Nonetheless, Vick is in this position because of Vick and no one else.

Static
08-14-2007, 01:37 PM

Who else....the Raiders.

M
08-14-2007, 01:39 PM
If his plea involves illegal gambling isn't that an automatic ban for life??

Ebenezer
08-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Maybe, but being a star doesn't help his cause. People so want to convict the high profile star, that sometimes what really happened isn't nearly as important as watching someone fall from grace. Not to mention it makes it easier for those who want to lessen their charge to step up and exaggerate the facts. Not saying this is the case, but it's very possible. Nonetheless, Vick is in this position because of Vick and no one else.
would you cop a plea to something you were innocent of???? I wouldn't.

Meathead
08-14-2007, 01:45 PM
i would like to be the first to welcome micheal vick to the miami dolphins

Generalissimus Gibby
08-14-2007, 01:48 PM
According to TNF News (a Thenewfreshness production) Vick's plea bargain is to limit the number of pitbulls left in his cell from 20 to 10

Generalissimus Gibby
08-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Who else....the Raiders.

He finds himself in a Raiduh uni I will add the Chefs as my second team for two weeks a year.

Bill Brasky
08-14-2007, 01:51 PM
what are the details of the plea? does anyone know?

i really care.

duhbilz
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
would you cop a plea to something you were innocent of???? I wouldn't.

You would if you had no choice. Innocent people go to jail all the time. Now chances are very good Vick isn't innocent, but you understand people can be framed. Therefore you have two choices, plea bargin for a lesser charge or take your chances and lose your shirt. Vick has too much on the line to spend a significant amount of time in jail, just to prove he's innocent. It all depends on what your council recomends. To answer your question, yes there are times you plea bargin, even if you're innocent.

casdhf
08-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Rarely.

Mr. Pink
08-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Vick will agree to a plea that will include probably at most 60 days...a hell of a lot of fines, 5 years worth of probation and some community service. Money buys you anything in this country and he has deep pockets. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't serve a day in jail though.

Yes, his 2007 season is over. Yes, his endorsement deals are gone for life. But, some team will likely pick him up for the 2008 season. He's a posterboy for the league, he draws fans and sells jerseys. That won't end in all likelihood, so I'd be shocked if Goodell suspends him for more than a season. It will probably be contigent on Mike playing "nice" for the year he has off, but then he'll be back in the game.

As for teams that could use him? Miami, KC, Baltimore - McNair isn't getting any younger, Tampa Bay, Detroit. Martz would love to have a big armed QB to go with his SICK WR corps. The best thing for Vick to do is to behave himself for the year and find someone to work with him on his passing technique and mechanics. Someone like Randall Cunningham, a QB much like Vick at the beginning of his career, who matured into a complete player.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Vick will agree to a plea that will include probably at most 60 days...a hell of a lot of fines, 5 years worth of probation and some community service. Money buys you anything in this country and he has deep pockets. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't serve a day in jail though.

Federal Charges don't come with 60 day terms. He's looking at 6 months. He's going to get the Martha Stewart treatment on this one. The fines won't be that heavy either, relatively speaking.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Federal Charges don't come with 60 day terms. He's looking at 6 months. He's going to get the Martha Stewart treatment on this one. The fines won't be that heavy either, relatively speaking.

If he does 6 months he may never see the field again

Michael82
08-15-2007, 12:51 AM
If he does 6 months he may never see the field again
I totally agree. Because he would basically be assuming all guilt and Goodell would hang his ass!

HAMMER
08-15-2007, 03:23 AM
Send the jerk up the river for at least a year. If nothing else his sentence should involve a Rib Eye tied to his sack and a couple of hungry pit bulls. Now that would be justice!

TigerJ
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
With all the running he's going to be doing in prison, he'll be capable a 4.1 40 by the time he gets out.