PDA

View Full Version : McCargo left practice

Pages : 1 [2]

Goobylal
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
BTW, McCargo was participating in individual drills tonight. Sounds like he's gonna miss a TON of time. Not.

Dr. Lecter
08-15-2007, 07:15 PM
So much for one of Lechter's wagers for me it would appear at this time.

; )

CHA CHING!

Sorry to bust your bubble AGAIN. He is participating in individual drills. Just like the Bills run defense gave up a lower average Saturday than they did last year.

So far you are 0-2 in calling these bets as looking bad for me.

Your batting average is approaching TD levels. :D

Philagape
08-15-2007, 07:23 PM
PAts, Colts, etc.etc.

Redskins has won what by bringing in probowlers every year? They bring in players every year to help them that year and then what? Nothing.

And the Browns, Cardinals and Lions have relied on the draft and then what? :D

Goobylal
08-15-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't know, but the prudent thing would be to hold him out at least for today.
McCargo isn't doing any team (11 on 11) work tonight. Good move.

BillsFever21
08-16-2007, 02:23 AM
the guy had the same foot injury two years in a row, two off-season surgeries, and this is his second injury in the 3 weeks of camp.

We already lost Hargrove- if McCargo can't stay healthy (as evidence so far suggests he can't), our DT's are Anderson, Tripplett, Williams and Jefferson. Our DE's are Schobel, Kelsay, Denney and... I don't know, I guess we'd have to keep Eric Powell or something.

If you're not panicking, I don't know what to tell you. That has disaster written all over it.

You can't determine how these guys are going to play this year before a snap has even been taken.

You are writing Eric Powell and Jefferson off before they even has a chance to prove themselves. How can you know what Tim Anderson will be like this year before the season starts. Himself and everyone else have a year of playing in the system under their belt along with a year of continuity with one another.

It is pretty stupid to predict players are going to suck before the season even starts. Their entire careers mean nothing. You can't base anything off of that.

Sarcasm Off.

BillsFever21
08-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Oh, here's defense number 2, comparing the current player to a past player. Eric Moulds wasn't injured perrenailly and Eric Moulds didnt have to push huge 300 pound men out of the way, and Eric Moulds wasn't part of a 28th ranked rushing D.

I could go on and on.

Here;s another thing. The sad part is that he's been injured twice already in camp, and how many times have we had padded practice? Like 3? He's more fragile than fine china.

You hear this one all the time. You could use these types of excuses for every single bad player in the NFL.

One could say that you can't call Joey Harrington a bust because look at Rich Gannon who didn't start playing his best football until he was 30+ years old.

I don't know how many times we hear comparisons to some of the all time greats for some bums on our team. X and Y player wasn't very good until their 3rd season so Z player could do the same. These kinds of people go with the rare exceptions and not the rules with many things.

How can some of you guys say Tim Anderson sucks? There have been many great DT's in the history of the NFL that never became great until their 4th year in the NFL. Crap like that. Once these homers get focused on a certain part of the team they will think of any excuse possible to make themselves feel better.

The funny thing is every year I get negs calling me this and that and that I need this or that examined over opinions that they don't want to believe and unfortunately I have been right on every single one of them. So if myself and others were this or that for thinking it and it was true then what does that make them for being wrong again? One of these days they may be right on an analysis of the team/player and we will never hear the end of it.

Once they find out they were wrong you never hear of it again like it never happened. We have lost count on how many players that they defended that once they realized they did suck they were stepping right into the line later crapping on them about how bad they were when they were the ones who thought they were the next All Pro to begin with.

BillsFever21
08-16-2007, 02:40 AM
So instead of *****ing about DT play we could ***** about bad S play, which imo is much more important in a Cover 2 scheme. Hence the reason our pass D is so good.

Our pass defense looked better then it was because the teams did most of their damage running the ball down our throats and didn't need to earn their yardage with the big pass play. You look at almost every team and if they were completely awful in one area then their stats looked better in another area. How many times were we in dire need of stopping a 3rd down and our pass defense couldn't get them off the field? It was decent but not as good as some want to say and that was with Clements. Throw in Webster or the guy who everyone claimed would step right in and make you forget about Clements in Youboty and it really took a big hit now.

PECKERWOOD
08-16-2007, 04:04 AM
So how long until McCargo gets injured - Wait. I mean how long until he practices with the team again?