PDA

View Full Version : Rookies who have emerged so far at camp

billsburgh
08-15-2007, 02:25 AM
look who's at the top of the list.

Buffalo running back Marshawn Lynch -- Pencil him in as Buffalo;s opening day starter. The 12th overall pick in the draft, Lynch has made Buffalo forget that Willis McGahee played there. Lynch is quick, elusive and like Buffalo's Hall-of-Fame running back Thurman Thomas, can be as much of a weapon in the passing game. Of all the rookies, running backs have the best chance to make the most immediate impact. Mark down Lynch as the early-season favorite to win the Offensive Rookie of the Year award.
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d8015569a&template=with-video&confirm=true

Meathead
08-15-2007, 03:18 AM
mcgahoo?

shelby
08-15-2007, 04:07 AM
:jig:

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 09:26 AM
pfffft. camp doesn't count. Preseason does. 1.5 ypc? I miss Willis.

Oaf
08-15-2007, 09:45 AM
IDK, Jauron seems pretty fixed on splitting his carries with ATrain, at least in the beginning. It really shouldn't be more than a 70-30 split IMO.

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 09:56 AM
We have 3 rb's who can pound the living crap out of D's for 3 qtrs. and still be fresh for the 4th qtr. plus who knows Fred Jackson might be a surprise.

NIce :D

billsburgh
08-15-2007, 10:05 AM
We have 3 rb's who can pound the living crap out of D's for 3 qtrs. and still be fresh for the 4th qtr. plus who knows Fred Jackson might be a surprise.

NIce :D
wow that really sucks.

Mr. Miyagi
08-15-2007, 10:11 AM
look who's at the top of the list.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d8015569a&template=with-video&confirm=true
I guess the media is finally passed that "character issue" bit on Marshawn.

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I'd like to see Marshawn do something in pre season before penciling him as a starter. I know he's just a rookie and he's going to get limited carries, but he has to do better than 1.5 yards a carry before he's bumped up the depth chart.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Arizona defensive tackle Alan Branch -- Before the draft, Branch slid from a top 10 pick to the 33rd selection. Arizona traded up to get him and now team officials are saying that Branch has the real chance to perform like the top-10 pick he was projected to be. He is big, athletic, and quick. But one reason he dropped in the draft was his lack of intensity on every play at Michigan. Still, Branch has shown enough this summer to make the Cardinals think they are as fortunate to get him as they were to get Matt Leinart last year, when he fell. Arizona also is extremely pleased with punt returner Steve Breaston, another Michigan man. From the early looks of it, Ann Arbor turned out to be real kind to the Cardinals.

Funny how this guy was completely laughed at before the draft, watch him become a stud.

billsburgh
08-15-2007, 10:41 AM
I'd like to see Marshawn do something in pre season before penciling him as a starter. I know he's just a rookie and he's going to get limited carries, but he has to do better than 1.5 yards a carry before he's bumped up the depth chart.
the coaches also have alot of practice to evaluate him on also

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 10:43 AM
the coaches also have alot of practice to evaluate him on also
that means nothing when you doubt your coaches.

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 11:00 AM
that means nothing when you doubt your coaches.

what does it matter? According to you, we can't evaluate players until the games count anyway.

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 11:30 AM
what does it matter? According to you, we can't evaluate players until the games count anyway.

What do you care about evaluating players anyways? YOu already DECIDED months ago that we suck and that our coaches don't know what they're doing and that you know better.

Lynch blows. In your book 1St preseason proved that.

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 11:33 AM
What do you care about evaluating players anyways? YOu already DECIDED months ago that we suck and that our coaches don't know what they're doing and that you know better.

Lynch blows. In your book 1St preseason proved that.

no, in your interpretation of my assessment, maybe, but not really.

See, here's the thing- for Lynch, the ONLY thing we have to judge him on is 2 carries in pre season.

With guys like McCargo- we have the whole preseason last year plus 6 games plus the preseason game. With guys like Royal, we have several years plus the pre season game.

So, when a guy only has 2 chances, it doesn't really prove anything. When a guy shows up in a pre season game and looks EXACTLY how he's always looked... well, what does that tell you? Apparently nothing because it's too early to evaluate players. The coaches should just make the depth chart now and skip the rest of pre season so no one gets hurt.

BlackMetalNinja
08-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Sweet... can we just get you guys one big pissing contest forum already? You're taking over every half way decent thread in this place with you back and forth BS.

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
no, in your interpretation of my assessment, maybe, but not really.

See, here's the thing- for Lynch, the ONLY thing we have to judge him on is 2 carries in pre season.

With guys like McCargo- we have the whole preseason last year plus 6 games plus the preseason game. With guys like Royal, we have several years plus the pre season game.

So, when a guy only has 2 chances, it doesn't really prove anything. When a guy shows up in a pre season game and looks EXACTLY how he's always looked... well, what does that tell you? Apparently nothing because it's too early to evaluate players. The coaches should just make the depth chart now and skip the rest of pre season so no one gets hurt.
Blah.blah,blah, I'm not gonna go in circles again just so you can have an argument.

You already gave up on the team. That's clear with all your whiining.You pretty much impleid our team is going to suck. You can read the future , we get that.

You also said our coaches are wrong and we should trust you. We get that.

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Sweet... can we just get you guys one big pissing contest forum already? You're taking over every half way decent thread in this place with you back and forth BS.

stop whining.

casdhf
08-15-2007, 11:43 AM
You guys need a room. Make-up sex seems appropriate.

Mr. Miyagi
08-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Why does every thread always become justa vs. Op?

Stop it you guys. Really.

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Why does every thread always become mystic vs. Op?

typo. Fixed it

ublinkwescore
08-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Why does every thread always become justa vs. Op?

because we need to put Op on ignore - but the ignore feature is flawed.

mysticsoto
08-15-2007, 02:39 PM
because we need to put Op on ignore - but the ignore feature is flawed.

Or atleast too limited. We should be able to block users per forum and not block/ignore overall...

raphael120
08-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Because Op is beating his head against the wall by trying to explain things to someone with his head up his ass, so to justa, it's all muffled words.

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Because Op is beating his head against the wall by trying to explain things to someone with his head up his ass, so to justa, it's all muffled words.
the last time OP and I responded to each other in this thread was noon. You guys pretend you hate it but you add fuel to the fire? :huh: I will be the first to admit that BZ would be boring without OP . Nobody would be *****ing about his negativity starting with me if he wasn't here and the thread starters wouldn't have as much zb's.

Op and I should get a commission.

The last buffalo fan
08-15-2007, 05:10 PM
the last time OP and I responded to each other in this thread was noon. You guys pretend you hate it but you add fuel to the fire? :huh: I will be the first to admit that BZ would be boring without OP . Nobody would be *****ing about his negativity starting with me if he wasn't here and the thread starters wouldn't have as much zb's.

Op and I should get a commission.

:bf1:

Yeah, but you will get also a motel room!!!! :makeout:

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 05:14 PM
:bf1:

Yeah, but you will get also a motel room!!!! :makeout:
I don't do stinking , bodily fluid filled motel rooms . 5 star hotels or nothing.

The last buffalo fan
08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't do stinking , bodily fluid filled motel rooms . 5 star hotels or nothing.

:hi5: Rookie!!!

BlackMetalNinja
08-15-2007, 09:51 PM
stop whining.

Apparantly I'm not alone in my thinking...

Post thanked by: <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --> DaBillzAhDaShiznit (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=3655)<!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --> (Today), evol4276 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=5976)<!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --> (Today), Mad Bomber (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=62)<!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --> (Today), raphael120 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=5931)<!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --> (Today), Risin (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=3811)<!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --> (Today), The last buffalo fan (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=3970)<!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_box_bit --> (Today), ublinkwescore (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=373) (Today)