PDA

View Full Version : Lame Duck GW

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Bills | Williams a Lame Duck? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:55 PT: Bob Disecare writes in a column for the Buffalo News that the recent signing of Dick LeBeau gives the Bills three former NFL head coaches on the sideline - LeBeau, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and RBs coach Les Steckel. Meanwhile, head coach Gregg Williams is entering the final year of his three-year contract. Both Gilbride and defensive coordinator Jerry Gray have contracts extending beyond Williams' agreement. Last year, GM Tom Donahoe described speculation that Williams' job was in jeopardy as "unfair" but did not directly deny it. There have been no reports that the Bills are negotiating an extension for Williams, who led the team to an 8-8 record last year after posting a 3-13 mark in his first year.

Bulldog
03-20-2003, 02:34 PM
I sincerely hope that Buffalo is not planning on looking to any of the coaches currently on their staff to be the next head coach. Good coordinators, but lousy head coaches.

don137
03-20-2003, 03:07 PM
It is hard to evaluate GW fully with the prduct that was put on the field the last two years. This year he won't have any excuses. That's life as a head coach.

ublinkwescore
03-20-2003, 04:47 PM
I'm with Don, the Jury's still out at least until week 8.

HenryRules
03-20-2003, 07:03 PM
I agree with Bulldog ... none of our ex-head-coaches have shown anything in their time as a head coach.

Stewie
03-20-2003, 09:12 PM
We should hire me as the head coach. I don't want to coach the team tho, just call the plays. In fact, I'll set it up so I can use my playstation controller to signal in plays directly from my couch into bledsoe's helmet. That way I don't even have to think too hard about it, because I know I'll be inebriated anyway.