• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

alarming?

Our offense continues to look like **** in training camp, getting schooled by our defense.

Losman threw four interceptions at yesterday's practice.

Yet, against the Saints our defense looked horrid and had Brees, Bush, Colston, etc stayed in the game they probably put 30 up on us.

Why is our offense looking so ****ty? Not just against the Saints but especially against a defense in camp that almost everyone thinks is the weaker unit of the team?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Re: alarming?

Assuming our offensive line holds up, our offense goes as Losman does..... Losman throwing INT's left and right only emphasizes my point.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Yep, just like they put up a whole 3 points in that first quarter. This after having already played a pre-season game and gameplanning for the Bills like it were a regular season, if not playoff, game.

If you think the Bills fans should be worrying about their team, just what do you think the Saints fans are feeling, only scoring 3 points against the "lowly" Bills' defense, despite it being the 2nd pre-season game and them having a semblance of a gameplan?

Comment

• cordog
        eat, drink, and be merry
        • Apr 2003

It's just training camp. By this time in camp, the D knows the offense like the back of their hand. The most important thing is that there are no major injuries (knock on wood)

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cordog
          It's just training camp. By this time in camp, the D knows the offense like the back of their hand. The most important thing is that there are no major injuries (knock on wood)
          Yep, like JP said, they were running pass-only plays, meaning the defense KNEW that there would be no running plays. A big part of play-calling is making your opponent guess as to whether you're running or passing. And by certain cues, defenders get a read on what a player is going to do, AGAIN in the context of a pass-only or run-only play.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Im not alarmed at all
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• duhbilz
              S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Our offense continues to look like **** in training camp, getting schooled by our defense.

Losman threw four interceptions at yesterday's practice.

Yet, against the Saints our defense looked horrid and had Brees, Bush, Colston, etc stayed in the game they probably put 30 up on us.

Why is our offense looking so ****ty? Not just against the Saints but especially against a defense in camp that almost everyone thinks is the weaker unit of the team?
              I don't think there's a team in the league that looks good right now on offense. Look at the Eagles, Colts and Pats . The thing with preseason is you're not getting a 100% effort and that will always favor the Defense. It's just way to hard to gauge improvement at this time of year. We all want to see improvement and when we don't we think it's bad news, when in reality it's just not the time of year to be judging any team.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

The Saints have a very good offense. it was their second game & the Bills first game and offenses take longer in preseason to gel then defenses. I expect to see an improvement on both sides of the ball on Friday. I would like to see Lynch get the start. He's been the best RB in TC so give him a shot with the starters.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I'm not worried....yet.

It does seem like JPs ints are going up in camp. I'm not ready to panic.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

JP has NOT had a good camp so far this year.

Granted, its only camp.. Camp at "Club Jaruon" on top of it.. But he hasn't looked good.. yet

Comment

• cocamide
                      • Oct 2006

I'll wait until game 3-4 of the regular season, and if there's no improvement over last year then I'll worry.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Nice try on the "JP hasn't looked good at camp yet." Like most QB's, he's had his good days and bad.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

He looked alot better at this time last year than he has this year.

And I dont have to have a "nice try".. I'm not anti-JP and want nothing more than for him to be solid. But thus far, he hasn't looked it.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

I remember MANY reports last year talking about how "the defense was ahead of the offense." That has to do with what JP was saying, i.e. that the defense knows it going to be either just pass or just run, and know the players' tendencies.

And to quote Allen Iverson, "we're talking about practice, man, practice!"

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

Well last year the defense was ALWAYS ahead of the offense. The defense was making more plays for the offense and sometimes even had to win the game for the whole team and make up for the impotent offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X