X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Losman making excuses?

"...a lot of reasons why those happened.

...yeah (cheating) big-time, they're cheating. I shouldn't say 'cheating', bad word. They are using their familiarity with certain guy's splits. And they see guys day in and day out, so if a guy leans a little bit they know what he likes to do. Jabari is probably the best at it. Yeah, he's really good at it."

-JP making excuses for his INTs. Check bb.com media vault for footage of the press conference.

In fairness, he admitted that he babied two of the throws. But he should have never mentioned Jabari's name or even offered up excuses like this. If Losman wants to be the leader of this young team, he has to shoulder the load and the criticism even if there's a valid point to be made. Could this be the latest version of the bickering Bills?! STAY TUNED!!
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Losman making excuses?

I think this is more of a case of speaking before thinking. I think he could have just said that "we are running a base offense right now and I'm not to worried."

or

"that's why they call it practice."

I read this the other day and I didn't like it either.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Has Green made excuses for his lousy play in the first pre-season game, or did he just come out and say "I suck?"

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        I think this is more of a case of speaking before thinking. I think he could have just said that "we are running a base offense right now and I'm not to worried."

or

"that's why they call it practice."

I read this the other day and I didn't like it either.
        I can't believe we ever disagreed last year. I agree with you all the time nowadays.

Comment

• Bling
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal
          Has Green made excuses for his lousy play in the first pre-season game, or did he just come out and say "I suck?"
          I remember when Manning got crap for calling out his O-line in a playoff game.

Anyway, I don't know what Green said post game. Does it matter? Do you want me to find out?

Comment

• duhbilz
            S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Goobylal
            I think more experienced QB's just take it in stride. Besides you really don't know what context the question was asked, was it after several question about his play in todays camp, did the question have a tinge of sarcasim...we really don't know. Maybe JP was just testy because he was not happy with his play, there is little in the way of an issue or problem with JP's answer IMO.

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

Either way, excuses are for people like McGahee.

Play the game or STFU.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Who gives a **** what hes saying or what anyone is saying.

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                  True, especially after a practice. That's what practices are for.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                    Tell that to the people that inform us if McGahee even farts towards Buffalo's direction.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Bling you're taking the quote out of context. I heard the entire interview and he was half joking about getting picked off at practices, because day after day his defense plays against him and the same plays obviously they know his tendencies. No big deal.

Classic example of a mountain out of a mole hill. Of course it's from a fin fan.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Frankly I liked hearing JP tell Greer to prove it when it counts, joking or not ("many a true thing is said in jest."). It don't mean nothing when you do it in practice but can't do it in a real game.

Comment

• Bling
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                          Bling you're taking the quote out of context. I heard the entire interview and he was half joking about getting picked off at practices, because day after day his defense plays against him and the same plays obviously they know his tendencies. No big deal.

Classic example of a mountain out of a mole hill. Of course it's from a fin fan.
                          I didn't say anything. Did you look at the link? I was repeating what that guy was saying. I agree with you. Reading into stuff, but it's the same people that read into Vonnie Holliday's comments on the draft.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                            Tell that to the people that inform us if McGahee even farts towards Buffalo's direction.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                              • May 2005

I agree that he probably could have handled it better... but ultimately it doesn't really matter. It is what it is, training camp. Of course the D is going to have a good idea what's coming and be able to make themselves look better because of it.

Now, if he starts making stupid excuses in games against actual opposing teams, I'll have a much bigger problem with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X