PDA

View Full Version : Falcons RB's are a mess

patmoran2006
08-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Per Homer Brown.... our starting defense BETTER look dominant against these scrubs at RB.

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:26 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1745)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>FALCONS BANGED UP: The Atlanta Falcons are in all likelihood going to be starting Jason Snelling at running back with Warrick Dunn still recovering from back surgery and Jerrious Norwood unlikely to play Friday night either. DT Rod Coleman is also not fit to play. ---

jamze132
08-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Per Homer Brown.... our starting defense BETTER look dominant against these scrubs at RB.

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:26 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1745)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>FALCONS BANGED UP: The Atlanta Falcons are in all likelihood going to be starting Jason Snelling at running back with Warrick Dunn still recovering from back surgery and Jerrious Norwood unlikely to play Friday night either. DT Rod Coleman is also not fit to play. ---
So the success or failure of the Buffalo Bills rides with this one game?

Dude, don't worry about it... Joey Harrington is starting and we all know what happens when he plays.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 06:02 PM
I hope our run D comes to play to get burned by a rookie in Snelling and a NFLE vet in Robertson would be a sad day.

Devin
08-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah well remember when a certain Steelers 3rd string RB faced our (then) superior D.

:ill:

duhbilz
08-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Preseason...preseason.....preseason......preseason!!!!!!!!!!! Even if everyone on both sides of the ball on both teams were healthy and 100% ready to go, whatever happens has little value to what will be. The Bills could give up 100 pts or score 100pts and it won't mean anything cause no one takes these games seriously. No scouting, no gameplans, no shifts, nothing special. LT will not take one snap in preseason and many other top players won't either.

mayotm
08-16-2007, 06:42 PM

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>FALCONS BANGED UP: The Atlanta Falcons are in all likelihood going to be starting Jason Snelling at running back with Warrick Dunn still recovering from back surgery and Jerrious Norwood unlikely to play Friday night either. DT Rod Coleman is also not fit to play. ---I suppose if you had "Homer Brown's" job you would do it differently. The dude is paid to essentially write fluff pieces that potray the Bills in a positive light. If he decides to write a bunch of stuff trashing the Bills, how long do you think he'd keep his job? So bad ass, tell us how you would do it differently.

patmoran2006
08-16-2007, 07:18 PM
So the success or failure of the Buffalo Bills rides with this one game?

Dude, don't worry about it... Joey Harrington is starting and we all know what happens when he plays.
I could care less if we lose by four touchdowns.

I do care how our run defense looks when our starters are in against a third string Running Back.

patmoran2006
08-16-2007, 07:21 PM
I suppose if you had "Homer Brown's" job you would do it differently. The dude is paid to essentially write fluff pieces that potray the Bills in a positive light. If he decides to write a bunch of stuff trashing the Bills, how long do you think he'd keep his job? So bad ass, tell us how you would do it differently.
Im fully aware of who employs him and the style of writing he's basically forced to write. As a matter of fact, on more than occasion I have called him an outstanding reporter before he worked "officially" for the Bills. I have worked alongside him when he was with Empire Sports Network/WNSA. He was one of the better reporters in the region at that time, and I have stated that.

Having said that. He is "homer" Brown. Nothing he writes should be taken serious by anybody who unbiasedly discusses the Bills. I never said that it's his fault- but its the way it is.

Losman could have 1 TD and 14 Interceptions at the bye and in Chris Brown's blog he'd be "having a tough go at it so far this year"

BlackMetalNinja
08-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Jesus, read this thread objectively and tell me what you think. You guys jumped all down Pat's throat for saying that our starting d better look good against their 3rd string RB...

Do none of you agree with that statement... Yeah I know it's preseason and it doesn't matter, I still think our D should be good enough to shut down ATL's 3rd string guys.

Sometimes I think people around here need to actually read the posts instead of just the name of the person posting it.

patmoran2006
08-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Its the norm so Im not surprised.

If its a Bills positive post or a positive Bills article from ESPN or anywhere the subject matter is discussed.

IF its a critical newspaper article or a critical post concerning something about the BIlls-- then the writer of the article as well as the source (ESPN, Fox, Yahoo, whatever) is slammed or the thread starter on here--- and the subject matter is hardly touched--if at all.

Again.. read the THREAD.. I couldn't care less what the final score is, I care about how our STARTING FRONT FOUR look against a third string RB who is starting because of injuries. I dont care if its Week 16 or the second day of training camp-- if this fool is running for 7-8 yards per carry on us we have some major ****ing problems.

BlackMetalNinja
08-16-2007, 07:33 PM

If its a Bills positive post or a positive Bills article from ESPN or anywhere the subject matter is discussed.

IF its a critical newspaper article or a critical post concerning something about the BIlls-- then the writer of the article as well as the source (ESPN, Fox, Yahoo, whatever) is slammed or the thread starter on here--- and the subject matter is hardly touched--if at all.

Again.. read the THREAD.. I couldn't care less what the final score is, I care about how our STARTING FRONT FOUR look against a third string RB who is starting because of injuries. I dont care if its Week 16 or the second day of training camp-- if this fool is running for 7-8 yards per carry on us we have some major ****ing problems.

It's just starting to drive me nuts around here. I'll freely admit that I more often than not don't agree with you Pat, but I still take the time to read what you're actually saying before I make a decision on it, and I don't base that decision solely on the fact that you're the one posting it.

I'm not going to get into the whole homer vs. realist B.S. either because I don't think it's that black and white, but some people are certainly parading around here completely unwilling to hear anything that isn't praising our team, or completely shooting it down in the other extreme.

Objectivity seems to be out the window around here with a great many people.

X-Era
08-16-2007, 07:35 PM

<table style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(0, 45, 120);" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left">Today
</td><td align="right">Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:26 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1745)

</td></tr></tbody></table>FALCONS BANGED UP: The Atlanta Falcons are in all likelihood going to be starting Jason Snelling at running back with Warrick Dunn still recovering from back surgery and Jerrious Norwood unlikely to play Friday night either. DT Rod Coleman is also not fit to play. ---

Ficticious media standards.....

No thanks, Id rather listen to nails on a chalk board.

patmoran2006
08-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Ficticious media standards.....

No thanks, Id rather listen to nails on a chalk board.
only in HOMERVILLE is it "ficticious" to expect a starting front four to dominate a THIRD string running back.

Meathead
08-16-2007, 08:41 PM
i hope the falcons run well on us then i can come here and feed off all the anguish

err i mean satan, satan can feed off all the anguish

Ickybaluky
08-16-2007, 08:56 PM
They have Arlen Harris as a reserve RB. He used to play for the Rams, and you will probably see him a lot at RB tomorrow.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:59 PM
They have Arlen Harris as a reserve RB. He used to play for the Rams, and you will probably see him a lot at RB tomorrow.

Without Dunn or Norwood we should be able to contain whoever they throw out there with our starters.

BillsFever21
08-17-2007, 01:42 AM
This is usually how :homer: react to situations like that.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-17-2007, 02:32 AM
It's just starting to drive me nuts around here. I'll freely admit that I more often than not don't agree with you Pat, but I still take the time to read what you're actually saying before I make a decision on it, and I don't base that decision solely on the fact that you're the one posting it.

I'm not going to get into the whole homer vs. realist B.S. either because I don't think it's that black and white, but some people are certainly parading around here completely unwilling to hear anything that isn't praising our team, or completely shooting it down in the other extreme.

Objectivity seems to be out the window around here with a great many people.

Thank you! I couldn't have said it better.

don137
08-17-2007, 08:24 AM
I could care less if we lose by four touchdowns.

I do care how our run defense looks when our starters are in against a third string Running Back.

I don't believe you. If are starters look good and we lose by 4 TDs you will be here after the game complaining how we better not get hurt because we have no depth and to look how we did once the startes went out of the game...No team is perfect but you always seem to dwell so much more on the negative than any positive.

Mahdi
08-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Willie Parker was also just a "scrub" at one point. If he had a good game against us today no one would find that surprising. Any given sunday in the NFL also means any given player at any given time can break-out.

BlackMetalNinja
08-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Willie Parker was also just a "scrub" at one point. If he had a good game against us today no one would find that surprising. Any given sunday in the NFL also means any given player at any given time can break-out.

Good thing the game is on a Friday then!!! :dance: