PDA

View Full Version : Miami game tonight...

Mudflap1
08-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Did anyone hear on the pregame the announcers were saying Ted Ginn is going to be moved to CB??? :rofl:

Wonder what the fish fans think of this if it proves to be true?

Jon

Michael82
08-16-2007, 07:14 PM
If that happens...... :rofl: :lmao: :roflmao:

:laughing:

X-Era
08-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Did anyone hear on the pregame the announcers were saying Ted Ginn is going to be moved to CB??? :rofl:

Jon

Sorry, but I was actually listening to the crappiest rap music instead of the Fins pregame....I actually think I deserve praise for that.

That said, Trent Green looked flatout smelly in that first series.

patmoran2006
08-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Here comes the Miami bashing.
But when our guys look PITIFUL in the preseason, it's only the "preseason"

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 07:26 PM

Jon

I was totally ripped for saying that Teddy Ginn Jr couldn't hold Anthony Gonzalez' jock. But time will prove that right or wrong.

X-Era
08-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Here comes the Miami bashing.
But when our guys look PITIFUL in the preseason, it's only the "preseason"

I love that you responded.

You basically blasted Langston Walker in game one.

Yet today Jauron thought he looked fantastic in game one.

Which one of you is right????

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

duhbilz
08-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Miami running the no huddle.

X-Era
08-16-2007, 07:29 PM
4th and goal, against a crappy D, and Chatmans tackled for a loss....

Wheres Bling

patmoran2006
08-16-2007, 07:29 PM
I love that you responded.

You basically blasted Langston Walker in game one.

Yet today Jauron thought he looked fantastic in game one.

Which one of you is right????

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
he's the ****ing head coach of his football team.. what do you expect him to say...

And dont even get me started on the majority of NONSENSE you come up with on here. please

X-Era
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
he's the ****ing head coach of his football team.. what do you expect him to say...

And dont even get me started on the majority of NONSENSE you come up with on here. please

You can mark me down for "getting you started" if you like.

Langston is FAR from our biggest problem.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
LOL nice return. This ain't OSU vs Indiana anymore.

patmoran2006
08-16-2007, 07:34 PM
You can mark me down for "getting you started" if you like.

Langston is FAR from our biggest problem.
You're right.

And that's why we are a team that loses and misses the playoffs consistently-- because he IS FAR from being our biggest problem-- which is sad, because he's a fat pylon that will have people begging for Pennington by week five.

X-Era
08-16-2007, 07:37 PM
You're right.

And that's why we are a team that loses and misses the playoffs consistently-- because he IS FAR from being our biggest problem-- which is sad, because he's a fat pylon that will have people begging for Pennington by week five.

Are you actually a Bills FAN???

Your words lead us to believe youre not

duhbilz
08-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Doesn't look like the Chiefs are even trying.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
You're right.

Maybe if you took your head out of your paperbag you could see things more clearly.

patmoran2006
08-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I dont need to take my head out.

I agreed with him. Walker IS far from our biggest problem, which is precisely the problem with this organization.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 07:42 PM
I dont need to take my head out.

I disagree.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 07:45 PM
I disagree.

Look how small those eye holes are.......

You can't possible see as well as the coaching staff out of those pin holes.

Goobylal
08-16-2007, 07:46 PM
There are only so many ways, and people, to tell you you're so unbelievably wrong on Walker, pat. What happened, did he spit on you or something? Because your disdain for him goes beyond logic and into emotional irrationality.

pintonick96
08-16-2007, 07:57 PM
There are only so many ways, and people, to tell you you're so unbelievably wrong on Walker, pat. What happened, did he spit on you or something? Because your disdain for him goes beyond logic and into emotional irrationality.

Give Pat a break. Langston Walker sucked ass in Oakland. He didnt look that great in his first game. Maybe he'll pan out here, but he did suck ass in Oakland.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Give Pat a break. Langston Walker sucked ass in Oakland. He didnt look that great in his first game. Maybe he'll pan out here, but he did suck ass in Oakland.

Yeah he sucked according to internet experts like Pat.

Goobylal
08-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Who didn't? And he looked fine in his first game (I'm assuming you meant with the Bills).

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah he sucked according to internet experts like Pat.

No he pretty much sucked on all accords, why do you think Oakland let him go without even offering him a deal? It wasnt because of cap restraints. He's a much better OG than an OT.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:26 PM
No he pretty much sucked on all accords, why do you think Oakland let him go without even offering him a deal? It wasnt because of cap restraints. He's a much better OG than an OT.

"All accords" doesn't include Jim McNally and the Bills FO.

I'm willing to give them a chance to be right. Some are not.

Goobylal
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Walker voided the final year of his contract with Oakland. He couldn't wait to get out of that quagmire, to borrow a word from our beloved VP Dick.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
"All accords" doesn't include Jim McNally and the Bills FO.

I'm willing to give them a chance to be right. Some are not.

Ahh the Justa defense, the coaches say its so, so it must be

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Walker voided the final year of his contract with Oakland.

Yes bc he wanted a new deal, and Oakland was not willing to offer him one, good word though in quagmire

TheWingHead
08-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I hate to bring this back to the topic at which the post was intended for, but.... Here is a couple of notes..

Ronnie Brown looked fantastic running - I thought he was doing horrible in camp??

I do not think there was one completed pass on the first Miami drive, numerous dropped passes by a wide array of recievers.

Brodie Croyle, despite the interception was fantastic.

Miami D is hard to judge, without Porter and Taylor they looked average at best.

Trent Green looked good, but without recievers catching the ball it does not mean much.

Finally, no matter which QB goes in at KC, they really need LJ. (Did that really need to be said?)

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Ahh the Justa defense, the coaches say its so, so it must be

I can call your defense the OP or the Pat_Moron defense just as easily.

If ya'd like (:

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:30 PM
I hate to bring this back to the topic at which the post was intended for, but.... Here is a couple of notes..

Ronnie Brown looked fantastic running - I thought he was doing horrible in camp??

I do not think there was one completed pass on the first Miami drive, numerous dropped passes by a wide array of recievers.

Brodie Croyle, despite the interception was fantastic.

Miami D is hard to judge, without Porter and Taylor they looked average at best.

Trent Green looked good, but without recievers catching the ball it does not mean much.

Finally, no matter which QB goes in at KC, they really need LJ. (Did that really need to be said?)

Just tuned into the game so thanks for the update

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:30 PM
I can call your defense the OP or the Pat_Moron defense just as easily.

If ya'd like (:

Feel free but you'll be wrong, I dont always agree with them and outside of Peters, McNally has not really been all that impressive to me. So I dont have a ton of faith in him.

Goobylal
08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes bc he wanted a new deal, and Oakland was not willing to offer him one, good word though in quagmire
Thanks. It describes Oakland's offense and team, as well as Iraq, perfectly.

And he may have wanted more money, but he also wanted OUT. He never gave Oakland a chance to make an offer after voiding his deal.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks. It describes Oakland's offense and team, as well as Iraq, perfectly.

And he may have wanted more money, but he also wanted OUT. He never gave Oakland a chance to make an offer after voiding his deal.

He cant not give them a chance they are free to make an offer as they so choose, he did quickly sign with Buffalo, but his contract dispute was known for more than just a few days, it was public knowledge he wanted a new deal, Oakland didnt want to give it to him, deserved or not.

Also agree about the state of Oakland and Iraq, nice tie in.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Feel free but you'll be wrong, I dont always agree with them and outside of Peters, McNally has not really been all that impressive to me. So I dont have a ton of faith in him.

As far as I'm concerned we have a on the cusp Pro Bowl left tackle that was an undrafted tight end.

He has earned some le-way in my book.

But right now it's my book against your's. We'll see how it shakes out.

Goobylal
08-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Ginn has been horrible on returns.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:34 PM
As far as I'm concerned we have a on the cusp Pro Bowl left tackle that was an undrafted tight end.

He has earned some le-way in my book.

But right now it's my book against your's. We'll see how it shakes out.

Complete agreement but he also was sold on Kris Farris, Tuten Reyes, and a few other recycle lineman. Though on Reyes I give him a pass because he was coming off an injury.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:35 PM

Shocker!! He must be a better WR then, right?

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Complete agreement but he also was sold on Kris Farris, Tuten Reyes, and a few other recycle lineman. Though on Reyes I give him a pass because he was coming off an injury.

Maybe so.

At this point I'm givinghim the benifit of the doubt.

I watched every play of walkers last week and he was much better than Pennignton. Especially since he did nothave any help.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Shocker!! He must be a better WR then, right?

Nope he was overrated as a WR at OSU and will not be half the pro as Anthony Gonzalez.

Goobylal
08-16-2007, 08:38 PM
He cant not give them a chance they are free to make an offer as they so choose, he did quickly sign with Buffalo, but his contract dispute was known for more than just a few days, it was public knowledge he wanted a new deal, Oakland didnt want to give it to him, deserved or not.
No offense, but I wouldn't be holding-up Oakland as some sort of model of how to run a franchise. I know the Bills have missed the playoffs the past 7 years, but they NEVER sunk to the ineptitude of the Raiders last year. I mean, they don't even have their 1st round pick signed yet.

Also agree about the state of Oakland and Iraq, nice tie in.
The former is comical, the latter is tragic.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Nope he was overrated as a WR at OSU and will not be half the pro as Anthony Gonzalez.

You and I are both in the same boat on this one, I said it from Day 1, and then FTP said I was wrong bc I was being a bias Bills fan, silly Phins fan

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Maybe so.

At this point I'm givinghim the benifit of the doubt.

I watched every play of walkers last week and he was much better than Pennignton. Especially since he did nothave any help.

Ill take your word for it, I did not see the game though I will be watching tomorrow night.

Goobylal
08-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Kris Farris was WELL before McNally (2001). And Reyes was a fat lazy slob. As they say, you can't measure heart.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:41 PM
No offense, but I wouldn't be holding-up Oakland as some sort of model of how to run a franchise. I know the Bills have missed the playoffs the past 7 years, but they NEVER sunk to the ineptitude of the Raiders last year. I mean, they don't even have their 1st round pick signed yet.

The former is comical, the latter is tragic.

Agreed and Agreed, just stating they didnt want him back

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Kris Farris was WELL before McNally (2001). And Reyes was a fat lazy slob. As they say, you can't measure heart.

Good Point, my mistake

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
You and I are both in the same boat on this one, I said it from Day 1, and then FTP said I was wrong bc I was being a bias Bills fan, silly Phins fan

My wife went to grad school at Tosu and I have watched every buckeye game for awhile now. (Hawkeye guy here), but he is totally overated. His hips are stiff and that is why Tressel moved him from corner, cause he couldn't turn his hips. that makes it even worse for a NFL reciever he is a poor route runner with inconsistant hands. The present day Ron Brown. (Former Rams olympic sprinter.)

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:45 PM
My wife went to grad school at Tosu and I have watched every buckeye game for awhile now. (Hawkeye guy here), but he is totally overated. His hips are stiff and that is why Tressel moved him from corner, cause he couldn't turn his hips. that makes it even worse for a NFL reciever he is a poor route runner with inconsistant hands. The present day Ron Brown. (Former Rams olympic sprinter.)

I know we went back and forth about Drew Tate last year

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I know we went back and forth about Drew Tate last year

Yes and on Chris Leak. I think you ended up bing right about Tate, and I was right about Leak.

Bling
08-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Who said Ginn was going to be moved to CB? I don't remember that comment. Can someone confirm that? Sounds like more bs from bitter Bills fans.

Game notes:
-If you didn't think Ronnie Brown was any good ever, watch the game. He's a good RB.
-Trent Green looked better today. I didn't see his stats, but his passes were good. It's too bad his WR can't catch a ball. He had two drives. First was a 3 and out with 3 passes all missed by poor WR catching. Then he lead Miami 75 yards where poor blocking from Donald Lee prevented Miami from scoring.
-Donald Lee needs to get better hands on top of being a better blocker. I don't know what Miami is going to do about the TE position.
-OLine is already improving. Rex Hadnot was completely manhandling whoever he's going up against. Samson Satele and Vernon Carey look good (Satele is really looking like another Nick Mangold). I'm worried about LG. Alabi might need more work. This O-line isn't as bad as I thought it was.
-Defense looks fine without Taylor, Thomas, Goodman and Porter. Pretty good Defense if you ask me.
-Cleo Lemon deserves a look, but sadly, we can't give him it.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Who said Ginn was going to be moved to CB? I don't remember that comment. Can someone confirm that? Sounds like more bs from bitter Bills fans.

Game notes:
-If you didn't think Ronnie Brown was any good ever, watch the game. He's a good RB.
-Trent Green looked better today. I didn't see his stats, but his passes were good. It's too bad his WR can't catch a ball. He had two drives. First was a 3 and out with 3 passes all missed by poor WR catching. Then he lead Miami 75 yards where poor blocking from Donald Lee prevented Miami from scoring.
-Donald Lee needs to get better hands on top of being a better blocker. I don't know what Miami is going to do about the TE position.
-OLine is already improving. Rex Hadnot was completely manhandling whoever he's going up against. Samson Satele and Vernon Carey look good (Satele is really looking like another Nick Mangold). I'm worried about LG. Alabi might need more work. This O-line isn't as bad as I thought it was.
-Defense looks fine without Taylor, Thomas, Goodman and Porter. Pretty good Defense if you ask me.
-Cleo Lemon deserves a look, but sadly, we can't give him it.

I will say this with certainty.

Ginn made as many plays at CB as he did at Wr tonight

camelcowboy
08-16-2007, 08:48 PM

And dont even get me started on the majority of NONSENSE you come up with on here. please at one time your posts were insightful and interesting. Now you bring nothing to the table but negativity, and panic to the board in the name of "realism". If you hate everything about the team so much just go away then.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:49 PM
at one time your posts were insightful and interesting. Now you bring nothing to the table but negativity, and panic to the board in the name of "realism". If you hate everything about the team so much just go away then.

Amen

Bling
08-16-2007, 08:49 PM

Yep. He still thinks he's in college. Instead of going head on, he tries the old circle trick. It's still preseason. He has two more games to figure out that you can't get away with that.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Yes and on Chris Leak. I think you ended up bing right about Tate, and I was right about Leak.

Leak got signed by CHI but no word on how he is doing, did Tate sign anywhere?

Bling
08-16-2007, 08:50 PM
I will say this with certainty.

Ginn made as many plays at CB as he did at Wr tonight

What do you expect out of a rookie WR? Anquan Boldin?

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Yep. He still thinks he's in college. Instead of going head on, he tries the old circle trick. It's still preseason. He has two more games to figure out that you can't get away with that.

8th pick overall.

As I have said many times before, he is not elusive and cannot outrun the defenses like he did in the Big 11

Bling
08-16-2007, 08:53 PM
8th pick overall.

As I have said many times before, he is not elusive and cannot outrun the defenses like he did in the Big 11

9th overall.

Big 10.

I don't disagree that he can't outrun the defense, but 4.22 speed means defenses are forced to pay attention to you. Whether that's worth the 9th overall is debatable.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Another bad return by Ginn there, he looked very tenative

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:54 PM
9th overall.

Big 10.

I don't disagree that he can't outrun the defense, but 4.22 speed means defenses are forced to pay attention to you. Whether that's worth the 9th overall is debatable.

Its called the Big 10 but they have 11 teams, he knows that he's an Iowa fan, and no its not really debatable KR were way overvalued this past draft.

Goobylal
08-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Was it here that one of the Miami fans said that against weaker DL, the Dolphins' OL would do better? Well, there ya go! And yet still they scored 3 points (I'll give them the FG on that 4th down attempt near the goalline).

And is Ginn afraid of getting his clock cleaned? That's not a good sign.

BidsJr
9th overall.

Big 10.

Sorry I thought the Fins were one spot worse than 9th overall.

Big 11 is correct. As they have 11 teams with the addition of Penn State.

duhbilz

I agree.

Bling

I didn't see it. I was too busy replying to the Bills fans. I'm going back to the game.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Leak got signed by CHI but no word on how he is doing, did Tate sign anywhere?

Not sure but Tate would be great in Canada.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Not sure but Tate would be great in Canada.

Agreed its fits his game well, and no he didnt get picked up by any team. Hawkeyes do have a couple legit NFL prospects in Albert Young, and Mike Klinkenborg as seniors.

Bling
08-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Its called the Big 10 but they have 11 teams, he knows that he's an Iowa fan, and no its not really debatable KR were way overvalued this past draft.

Ok. That's your opinion, and I respect that. I didn't want Ginn either, but I live with him now, and will wait more than two preseason games before I start throwing stones. I throw stones quick, but not this quick. Not for a rookie.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Ok. That's your opinion, and I respect that. I didn't want Ginn either, but I live with him now, and will wait more than two preseason games before I start throwing stones. I throw stones quick, but not this quick. Not for a rookie.

It wasnt just Ginn, Yamon Figurs from Kansas went in Round 2 and he shouldnt of been gone before Round 6.

Its also been written about by many professional NFL Draft analysts

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Agreed its fits his game well, and no he didnt get picked up by any team. Hawkeyes do have a couple legit NFL prospects in Albert Young, and Mike Klinkenborg as seniors.

Kenny Iwebema and Bryan Mattison are prolly both higher ceiling prospects at this point.

Young has never regained his burst after mulitple knee injuries. Klink is no Greenway or Hodge. Maybe 4th round or higher but no better than that.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Kenny Iwebema and Bryan Mattison are prolly both higher ceiling prospects at this point.

Young has never regained his burst after mulitple knee injuries. Klink is no Greenway or Hodge. Maybe 4th round or higher but no better than that.

One sleeper I will add is Charles Godfrey. He ran a 4.33 40 at the junior pro day at Iowa last year and he is a super talent. If he can play even mediocre he can be a 2nd round pick with that speed and that coaching rep.

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 09:03 PM

Ill keep an eye on those two guys thanks, also some are saying Klink is better than Hodge ever was. Ill see if I can find the discussion from a different message board.

BidsJr
08-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Ill keep an eye on those two guys thanks, also some are saying Klink is better than Hodge ever was. Ill see if I can find the discussion from a different message board.

Not even close IMHO, Hodge was a stud. Klink has potential. We'll see ifteh team rebounds this year.

Godfrey is definately the one to watch as far as teh 08 draft though.

TheWingHead
08-16-2007, 09:06 PM

Ya, I heard the announcers say that.. He will learn after a couple more hits..

DraftBoy
08-16-2007, 09:08 PM
That Printers kid looked pretty good, I was hoping we'd sign him a year back.

Geez Medlock missing that one, I wanted us to pick him, maybe he couldnt cut it here.

dolphan117
08-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Didnt we cut Donald Lee a year ago Bling?

justasportsfan
08-16-2007, 10:09 PM
at one time your posts were insightful and interesting. Now you bring nothing to the table but negativity, and panic to the board in the name of "realism". If you hate everything about the team so much just go away then.
In the spirit of rivalry, Moran couldn't even for one second stop hating on the bills. He even defends the fins? The guy is a bills hater.

dolphan117
08-16-2007, 10:10 PM
And Woot, we are 2 and 0 Baby

Only 16 more wins to a Super Bowl. We are practically there. :bravo:

dolphan117
08-16-2007, 10:11 PM
In the spirit of rivalry, Moran couldn't even for one second stop hating on the bills. He even defends the fins? The guy is a bills hater.Are you calling Moran a Moron? :scratch:

justasportsfan
08-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Are you calling Moran a Moron? :scratch:

say what ? Couldn't hear you.

Bling
08-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Didnt we cut Donald Lee a year ago Bling?

Did I say DL? I meant Dave Martin. They switched teams, and I just draft him in a BAFA. That's probably the reason for the mix up. But still, that was such an easy pass that he came out with slipper hands on.

dolphan117
08-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah its kinda odd that we essentially switched tight ends with the Pack like that.

Mudflap1
08-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I was not paying 100% attention to the pregame, but I overheard one of the guys in the studio ask another guy in the studio "do you think Ted Ginn will be a playmaker at wide receiver?" and the response was "no, because I talked to the coach, and they are moving him at CB." Hence why I was asking if anyone else heard that...

Not a bitter Bills fan... that's what the guy said. If I was a bitter Bills fan I'd say something like "nice of Jason Taylor and his brother-in-law Tommy Boy to suit up for the game and play some defense... real hard workers who are setting an example about work ethic and leadership".

Jon

duhbilz
08-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Not a bitter Bills fan... that's what the guy said. If I was a bitter Bills fan I'd say something like "nice of Jason Taylor and his brother-in-law Tommy Boy to suit up for the game and play some defense... real hard workers who are setting an example about work ethic and leadership".

Jon
Why would that comment make you bitter? Saying something bad about Fletch or McGahee would make others believe you're bitter, because they no longer are a part of the team. Saying something negative about a rival team just makes you a rival football fan.

Jaybird
08-16-2007, 11:40 PM
ginn did play corner his freshman year and was a recruit at that position. They never figured out where he is best, kinda like hester in miami.

Do u guys not do the college ball thing???

Mudflap1
08-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Why would that comment make you bitter? Saying something bad about Fletch or McGahee would make others believe you're bitter, because they no longer are a part of the team. Saying something negative about a rival team just makes you a rival football fan.

Bling made a comment about Ginn moving to CB as being an unsubstantiated bitter comment from a Bills fan...

Jon

LtFinFan66
08-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Yep. He still thinks he's in college. Instead of going head on, he tries the old circle trick. It's still preseason. He has two more games to figure out that you can't get away with that.Yeah, let's run head-on into the 3-4 guys who weren't blocked instead of trying to escape. The special teams blocking has been terrible. I don't care who is trying to return the kicks. Rookie or vet, with blocking like that....they will all go nowhere! I know folks want to bash Ginn because he was our #1 pick but come on folks.....look at the entire picture. Bad blocking combined with getting used to the NFL. He will get better. As you Bills fans are so fond of saying..."It's just preseason and means nothing"

LtFinFan66
08-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Sorry I thought the Fins were one spot worse than 9th overall.

Big 11 is correct. As they have 11 teams with the addition of Penn State.What is the name of the conference??? That's what I thought:shakeno:

!Papacrunk!
08-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah, let's run head-on into the 3-4 guys who weren't blocked instead of trying to escape. The special teams blocking has been terrible. I don't care who is trying to return the kicks. Rookie or vet, with blocking like that....they will all go nowhere! I know folks want to bash Ginn because he was our #1 pick but come on folks.....look at the entire picture. Bad blocking combined with getting used to the NFL. He will get better. As you Bills fans are so fond of saying..."It's just preseason and means nothing"

you sir are correct!

Also, FIVE pages so far for a thread dedicated to a pre-season Dolphins game. Thanks for the attention people, it's appreciated, you guys sure love to hate us. I'm glad I'm a member here to observe such an obsession j/k.

Bling
08-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, let's run head-on into the 3-4 guys who weren't blocked instead of trying to escape. The special teams blocking has been terrible. I don't care who is trying to return the kicks. Rookie or vet, with blocking like that....they will all go nowhere! I know folks want to bash Ginn because he was our #1 pick but come on folks.....look at the entire picture. Bad blocking combined with getting used to the NFL. He will get better. As you Bills fans are so fond of saying..."It's just preseason and means nothing"

Exactly, it's not so much Ginn as it is that they aren't blocking. The blocking looks bad. Welker use to get better blocking.

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Why hasn't this thread been moved to Spam where it belongs?

Oh, wait, I didn't start it.

!Papacrunk!
08-17-2007, 12:03 PM

Oh, wait, I didn't start it.

:rofl:

LtFinFan66
08-17-2007, 12:09 PM

Oh, wait, I didn't start it.:snicker:

dolphan117
08-17-2007, 12:15 PM
I was not paying 100% attention to the pregame, but I overheard one of the guys in the studio ask another guy in the studio "do you think Ted Ginn will be a playmaker at wide receiver?" and the response was "no, because I talked to the coach, and they are moving him at CB." Hence why I was asking if anyone else heard that...

JonI think there were actually rumors pre-draft that some teams were looking at him as a corner. That being said there has been ZERO talk from the Miami media of our staff suggesting we are doing that with him. All his practices have been as a WR KR/PR.

Probably just ESPN's talking heads blowing hot air.

DraftBoy
08-17-2007, 12:29 PM

I told you way before the preseason that Ginn was going to be a bad pick

LtFinFan66
08-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I still disagree sir. I watched him as a Buckeye and know what he has to offer. He will only get better IMO

DraftBoy
08-17-2007, 12:38 PM
I still disagree sir. I watched him as a Buckeye and know what he has to offer. He will only get better IMO

Cant get much worse, I too saw him at Ohio State exploit poor teams lack of speed by beating them deep, I wasnt at all impressed.

duhbilz
08-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Cant get much worse, I too saw him at Ohio State exploit poor teams lack of speed by beating them deep, I wasnt at all impressed.

Well that was what , three times he touched the ball, Lynch got 3 yards on 2 touches against the Saints. It's not an endorsement for Ginn or a knock on Lynch, but it's only pre-season and limited touches most of the time result in limited production. I'm not gonna worry about Lynch if he has another showing like last week cause he's young and feeling his way as a young NFL hopeful, it's just pre-season nothing can really be made one way or the other from these games.

DraftBoy
08-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Well that was what , three times he touched the ball, Lynch got 3 yards on 2 touches against the Saints. It's not an endorsement for Ginn or a knock on Lynch, but it's only pre-season and limited touches most of the time result in limited production. I'm not gonna worry about Lynch if he has another showing like last week cause he's young and feeling his way as a young NFL hopeful, it's just pre-season nothing can really be made one way or the other from these games.

I dont care about his preseason play, Lt and I have been down this road before about Ted Ginn back from when I didnt even put Ginn in my top ten receivers rankings for the 07 draft. Preseason means little.

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Spam Zone, por favor. :mex:

LtFinFan66
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
:rofl:

duhbilz
08-17-2007, 01:02 PM
I dont care about his preseason play, Lt and I have been down this road before about Ted Ginn back from when I didnt even put Ginn in my top ten receivers rankings for the 07 draft. Preseason means little.

Ginn does have the speed that's for sure, but he has a lot to prove as a WR. I think Lynch is far better set to succed then Ginn. Not because of their positions as much as it is their size, Ginn will have to overcome a lot to be even slightly successful, Lynch can be considered a success even if he turns out numbers like Bush last year. I think Lynch will have better receiving numbers then Ginn.

DraftBoy
08-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Ginn does have the speed that's for sure, but he has a lot to prove as a WR. I think Lynch is far better set to succed then Ginn. Not because of their positions as much as it is their size, Ginn will have to overcome a lot to be even slightly successful, Lynch can be considered a success even if he turns out numbers like Bush last year. I think Lynch will have better receiving numbers then Ginn.

I have questions about Lynch too, he needs to show up in big games, I was disappointed in his production last year.