PDA

View Full Version : This is embarrassing guys

Bling
08-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I was watching the Dolphins/Chief game yesterday, and there was a stat that bothered me..

There have only been 5 teams that haven't been in the playoffs the last five years...

1. Dolphins
2. Texans
3. Lions
4. Cardinals
5. Bills

:ill:

User Manuel
08-17-2007, 01:35 PM
The Fins being on that list makes it all better.

OpIv37
08-17-2007, 01:36 PM
that stat is making the sweet and sour chicken I had for lunch want to come back up.

OpIv37
08-17-2007, 01:37 PM

huh? The Fins being on the list would be hilarious, if we weren't on it too. But we are- so all we can do is say "haha, you're as bad as us!". There's no glory in that.

Bling
08-17-2007, 01:41 PM

Last time we were there was in 2001. I'm pretty sure your last time was in 2000. Back in 2003, Miami was snubbed out of the playoffs. They were the first team back then to not make the playoffs at 10-6. I wouldn't be laughing. This isn't anything to joke about. Sad how some of us accept mediocrity.

LtFinFan66
The Fins being on that list makes it all better.Wow what a post....I mean WOW!!! Skooby, ICE, TD, PatMoran, and FTP all of a sudden look brilliant:idunno:

theanswer74
What sucks is that all Buffalo had to do was beat the Steelers backups in 2004, and we wouldn't be on that list.

Bling
08-17-2007, 01:44 PM
What sucks is that all Buffalo had to do was beat the Steelers backups in 2004, and we wouldn't be on that list.

Yup, Mooolarkey sucks.

AndreReed83
08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Can't wait for the day when the Bills and Dolphins begin to field upper echelon teams in the league again. Makes the rivalry all that much more intense.

OpIv37
08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
I flew all the way to Buffalo, got a hotel and rented a car to go to that game. Uggh.

jamze132
08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I flew all the way to Buffalo, got a hotel and rented a car to go to that game. Uggh.
I am sure the FO appreciated your business.

jamze132
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
It sucks being in the same company as the rest of those teams. I am sure they are saying the same thing.

Remember when we used to make fun of the Bengals? It's karma, I tell ya.

OpIv37
08-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I am sure the FO appreciated your business.

well that's the good news- I bought the tickets online from a season ticket holder, so the FO didn't make much off of me because the tickets were already sold whether I bought them or not. The only profit they made off of me was some stadium concessions.

mchurchfie
08-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Bledsblow choked like usual and Gray's vaunted defense got lit up by backups.:hang::puke:

OpIv37
08-17-2007, 01:56 PM
It sucks being in the same company as the rest of those teams. I am sure they are saying the same thing.

Remember when we used to make fun of the Bengals? It's karma, I tell ya.

well I'm sure Pats fans make fun of the Bengals and, well, us. Where's their ****ing karma?

MikeInRoch
08-17-2007, 01:59 PM

OR Clements can break up a fourth down pass instead of trying to pad his interception stats...

patmoran2006
08-17-2007, 02:05 PM
I was watching the Dolphins/Chief game yesterday, and there was a stat that bothered me..

There have only been 5 teams that haven't been in the playoffs the last five years...

1. Dolphins
2. Texans
3. Lions
4. Cardinals
5. Bills

For Buffalo, its even WORSE.

They are one of only THREE teams that have not played a playoff game since the turn of the century. Only Arizona and Houston have been playoff-less since the new century. Actually, Houston didnt even enter the NFL until 2002 either.

Detroit played in a wild card playoff game in January 2000 and lost to Washington. Miami has been in the postseason as recently as 2003-04.

THAT's HOW bad it's been for Buffalo. ONLY Arizona has been equally dismal.

THATHURMANATOR
08-17-2007, 02:10 PM
We will make it this year don't worry.

Wally The Barber
08-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Why would you be embarrased, I remember back in the 70's it was alot longer then that!

Mad Bomber
08-17-2007, 02:16 PM

1. Dolphins
2. Texans
3. Lions
4. Cardinals
5. Bills

This is one reason that I don't hate the Fins NEARLY as much as I hate the Patriots. The only time I hated the Fins more than the Patriots was during the 0-for-70s.

I have hated the Patriots since before the Dolphins even existed. I started hating them in the 1960s when they were the BOSTON Patriots.

Mad Bomber
08-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I feel your pain, Bling.

This is one reason that I don't hate the Fins NEARLY as much as I hate the Patriots. The only time I hated the Fins more than the Patriots was during the 0-for-70s.

I have hated the Patriots since before the Dolphins even existed. I started hating them in the 1960s when they were the BOSTON Patriots.

OpIv37
08-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Why would you be embarrased, I remember back in the 70's it was alot longer then that!

sorry, but when I say some fans have accepted mediocrity, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

The fact that we used to suck worse than we do now does not excuse the fact that we suck now. Just because it could be worse doesn't mean it shouldn't be better.

hydro
08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
sorry, but when I say some fans have accepted mediocrity, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

The fact that we used to suck worse than we do now does not excuse the fact that we suck now. Just because it could be worse doesn't mean it shouldn't be better.

But that shows that eventually things will work out. Sometimes the doom and gloomers make it seem like we will never pull out of this rut. The optimists believe that eventually everything will work out and we will be back to the top.

OpIv37
08-17-2007, 03:04 PM
But that shows that eventually things will work out. Sometimes the doom and gloomers make it seem like we will never pull out of this rut. The optimists believe that eventually everything will work out and we will be back to the top.

the so called "doom and gloomers" want some proof as to why we're going to be pulled out of the rut- not just a blanket statement about how all ruts must eventually end. They have yet to end for Detroit and Arizona, for example.

When the D goes on the field and actually looks worse than last year, it doesn't take a "doom and gloomer" to have concerns over where this team is headed and how long it's going to take to get there.

Things don't eventually just work out. You have to take the right actions.

jamze132
08-18-2007, 03:39 PM
well I'm sure Pats fans make fun of the Bengals and, well, us. Where's their ****ing karma?
In due time, my son... in due time.

Novacane
08-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Can't wait for the day when the Bills and Dolphins begin to field upper echelon teams in the league again. Makes the rivalry all that much more intense.

Screw that. I hope the Dolphis suck forever.

Bling
08-18-2007, 07:34 PM

We change politicians every four years. How often does Washington change?

Michael82
08-19-2007, 12:55 AM
For Buffalo, its even WORSE.

They are one of only THREE teams that have not played a playoff game since the turn of the century. Only Arizona and Houston have been playoff-less since the new century. Actually, Houston didnt even enter the NFL until 2002 either.

Detroit played in a wild card playoff game in January 2000 and lost to Washington. Miami has been in the postseason as recently as 2003-04.

THAT's HOW bad it's been for Buffalo. ONLY Arizona has been equally dismal.
What an idiotic post! How on Earth can you count Detroit's 2000 playoff game? Yet you don't count the Music City Ripoff that was also in the 21st century? :mad: :shakeno:

tat2dmike77
08-19-2007, 01:04 AM

I remember getting my tickets for that game when the bills were 0-4. Me and my cousin figured what the hell lets goto anthor game this year. We were so mad the drive back was so quiet. We both wished we would of sold the tickets for double what we paid. We had good seats to.

tat2dmike77
08-19-2007, 01:07 AM
What an idiotic post! How on Earth can you count Detroit's 2000 playoff game? Yet you don't count the Music City Ripoff that was also in the 21st century? :mad: :shakeno:

See when people want to say the bills suck they look at things differently. So by saying it the way pat did it makes the team look worse. When in fact your right mikey. This is why negativity annoys me here. I know the facts and yet some people twist them into ways to make the team look worse.

Mitchy moo
08-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Wow what a post....I mean WOW!!! Skooby, ICE, TD, PatMoran, and FTP all of a sudden look brilliant:idunno:

:check:

mysticsoto
08-19-2007, 06:50 AM

It's not that we've accepted mediocrity, it's that there's nothing we can do about it. True fans don't jump off a bandwagon b'cse they are not doing well - so as true fans, most of us suck it up, put the last year behind us and start looking forward to the next season where *anything* can happen. I can tell you right now, whining about it does NOT improve the situation either. All it does is irritate others...

OpIv37
08-19-2007, 12:54 PM
It's not that we've accepted mediocrity, it's that there's nothing we can do about it. True fans don't jump off a bandwagon b'cse they are not doing well - so as true fans, most of us suck it up, put the last year behind us and start looking forward to the next season where *anything* can happen. I can tell you right now, whining about it does NOT improve the situation either. All it does is irritate others...

if others so choose to be irritated. No one forces people to read my posts and no one forces people to feel a certain way about it.

As far as sucking it up and putting the last year behind us, I'm not really sure what you mean by that. The goal of the off-season is to IMPROVE on the things that didn't go well last year, so the best way for comparison is to take last year's faults and see what's been done to fix them. If not enough has been done, well, we as fans have every right to complain regardless of the fact that it makes no difference.

And maybe you haven't accepted mediocrity but when someone says "oh well, it was worse in the 70's", that's using past horrible performance to justify current not-quite-as-horrible performance. There is no need for that- the team and the FO are still accountable for their performance, regardless of the past.