PDA

View Full Version : News and notes from around the NFL

madness
08-17-2007, 03:50 PM
News and notes from around the NFL

Training camps are coming to a close throughout the NFL. Like any good reporter, I kept detailed camp notes with such interesting tidbits as: "The players say two-a-days are tough in the summer heat." What follows are some of my notes from all 32 NFL camps.

AFC East
Buffalo Bills: Rookie linebacker Paul Posluszny says he feels at home with the Bills because general manager Marv Levy's smell reminds him of Joe Paterno … For the 16th camp in a row, all blocking sleds were dressed in Scott Norwood jerseys … Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas visited Bills camp this week and gave rookie Marshawn Lynch some valuable advice on how to have success in the NFL: "If you ever make it to the Super Bowl, try to remember to bring your helmet."

Miami Dolphins: The first week of camp was spent convincing new head coach Cam Cameron that his playbook consisting of 450 pages of the words "Give the ball to LaDainian Tomlinson" would not work well for the Dolphins … New linebacker Joey Porter demanded an additional six lockers be made available for his abs … Trent Green has begun to grasp the offense but is still drooling a lot.
New England Patriots: Tedy Bruschi fired up his teammates on the first day of camp by taking out Chuck Norris with one hand … Several Patriots appear surprised at how much Randy Moss' skills have diminished. Especially Reche Caldwell … Tom Brady's recognition as Esquire's "Best Dressed Man in the World" is expected to make baby goats the hot fashion accessory this fall. New York Jets: Between two-a-days, head coach Eric Mangini completed his cure for cancer and solved the world's energy problems by successfully developing cold fusion … New running back Thomas Jones says it's nice to play for a quarterback who's not so focused on New Year's Eve … After first-round draft pick Darrelle Revis ended his holdout, he received a text message from Jets legend Joe Namath that read: "I want 2 kiss u."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/070817&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos1

:rofl: Miami and NE both still have me laughing.

jamze132
08-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Nice

madness
08-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Washington Redskins: Coaches say new linebacker London Fletcher-Baker reminds them a lot of former Bills linebacker London Fletcher, only older and slower

:snicker:

baalworship
08-17-2007, 05:07 PM
NFC South
Atlanta Falcons: Players on the Falcons admit they expect Joey Harrington to be charged by authorities later this season with Falcon killing …

lol

Crisis
08-17-2007, 05:11 PM
New head coach Mike Tomlin has punished players who show up late to meetings or practices by making them share a laundry basket with running back Najeh Davenport.

LOL

G. Host
08-18-2007, 08:31 AM
For the 16th camp in a row, all blocking sleds were dressed in Scott Norwood jerseys

Is that respect or disrespect? Norwood is a nice guy and next time I see him I'd like to know what he thinks of this.

hydro
08-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Arizona Cardinals: New head coach Ken Whisenhunt has done away with the three-man offensive line the Cardinals used last year …

This one gave me a chuckle.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I need to diss my favorite team....Because I hate Brady Quinn!

Cleveland Browns It took three hours to take Cleveland's team photo in order to get one shot in which Brady Quinn wasn't doing anything that would get him made fun of all over the Internet … Head coach Romeo Crennel says he plans to flip a coin again later this season to decide whether to accept his firing or simply submit his resignation.

Anything that makes fun of BQ is great. I'm not happy with RAC either, so this comment is a definite winner.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2007, 01:22 PM
For the 16th camp in a row, all blocking sleds were dressed in Scott Norwood jerseys

Is that respect or disrespect? Norwood is a nice guy and next time I see him I'd like to know what he thinks of this.
I'd hit it. :mad:

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Chicago Bears: On the first day of camp, Lovie Smith became the first black coach to open a training camp after losing the Super Bowl … Quarterback Rex Grossman is the top-rated fantasy quarterback in Chicago Bears-only leagues … Rookie tight end and Miami Hurricanes product Greg Olsen was excited to discover his dorm room at training camp was on the 7th Flo'.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2007, 01:43 PM
I'd hit it. :mad:

:limp:

You wanna shag Scott Norwood?

TMI.

mikemac2001
08-18-2007, 06:40 PM
he received a text message from Jets legend Joe Namath that read: "I want 2 kiss u."

HAHA