PDA

View Full Version : Seth Payne

Wally The Barber
08-17-2007, 04:51 PM
If the pictures are real and I assume they are, how can a player like Seth Payne get into town,workout and everyone in the media missed it?

Kind of makes you wonder who else may have visited the Bills in the past few weeks!

That was a great job by Mikey and an embarrassment for the local media in my opinion!

It has nothing to do with how good the player is, we rely on the media to cover players in town for a tryout!

I thought that was the best post or find by anyone on these boards, EVER!

If I was Chris Brown or Jeff Morrison , I'd be hiddin!

-Wally

http://commissioner.netscape.com/nfl/players/playerpage/187398

Wally The Barber
08-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Anyone see Simeon Rice around OBD?

MikeInRoch
08-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Seth is a local guy - from Victor near Rochester.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2007, 07:20 PM
If the pictures are real and I assume they are, how can a player like that get into town,workout and everyone in the media missed it?
Kind of makes you wonder who else the media has missed.

I guess there is no money in being a Bills reporter now days!

That was a great job by Mikey and perhaps he should check into a new job as beat reporter and I am sure he knows what Corey Simon looks like!

I thought that was the best post or find by anyone on these boards, EVER!

If I was Chris Brown, I'd be hiddin!

-Wally

http://commissioner.netscape.com/nfl/players/playerpage/187398

Totally agree!! Mikey rules!!

Stewie
08-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Damn I didn't realize that was Seth.

Problem with seth is that his knees are toast. He was a pretty decent player, but wasn't he a NT in a 3-4 system?

MikeInRoch
08-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes

Stewie
08-17-2007, 08:15 PM
So we're working out a player that isn't the right "fit" (allegedly, based on past experience) and has bad knees. Not good.

Wally The Barber
08-17-2007, 08:34 PM
So we're working out a player that isn't the right "fit" (allegedly, based on past experience) and has bad knees. Not good.

That may be true but the media owes it to the fans to report player tryouts!

Michael82
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
The funny thing is....a couple hours after I posted the thread about Payne, it was reported on WROC news at 5pm. And it's on the blog....

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/sportsblog

Thursday, August 16, 2007
Will Ralph Wilson Stadium Become the House Of Payne?
The biggest news out of Bills camp on Thursday didn't actually take place until after the team had left the field. While head coach Dick Jauron was giving his daily wrap up to the media, I noticed a familiar face walking behind Growney Stadium. None other than Seth Payne, the Victor native who spent 10 years in the NFL, first with Jacksonville then with Houston. The Texans released him back in February, but there he was today going through sprints and agility drills under the watchful eyes of defensive line coach Bill Kollar and John Guy, the Director of Pro Personnel.

Payne used to be a solid run stopper, but suffered a season ending knee injury in week 6 last year. If he's back to his old form maybe he can prove that you can indeed go home again.

Other news out of camp today:
-John McCargo and Melvin Fowler both sat this one out...Coach Jauron said the team will error on the side of caution. In other words don't expect to see either one of them on the field Friday against the Falcons.
-One guy you can expect to see plenty of is Marshawn Lynch. The number one pick only got a couple carries last week in New Orleans but should get the start this time out and play about a quarter, just like the rest of the first team.

Next time you see a post from me will be after the game...so I'll see ya then.

Dave Yates

Posted by News 8 Now Sports at 4:41 PM

RedEyE
08-18-2007, 04:18 AM
I think the Bills are limited on choices at this point. If he passes the physical, sign the guy already.

kernowboy
08-18-2007, 04:52 AM
Payne can do a short-term job on the nose but again DT looks like becoming a priority for R1 in 2008.

I can see us having a defensive draft again with Day1 focusing on DT, DE, WR (No2) and CB or LB depending on the order the fall

Looking at the depth, the second R3 from the McGahee trade is beginning to look useful

shelby
08-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Good job Mikey!

Philagape
08-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Forget about Seth Payne. Jags signed him, per AP

Wally The Barber
08-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Forget about Seth Payne. jags signed him, per AP

I guess the Jags do not think he is washed up!

lordofgun
08-18-2007, 05:03 PM
LOL. Dave Yates used to be the sports guy on tv in Elmira.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Just like Josh Mora! :ill:

lordofgun
08-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Just like Josh Mora! :ill:
Dave Yates was the weekend guy.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Dave Yates was the weekend guy.
:puke:

Josh Mora is still seen on Comcast Sports Chicago. :ill:

Michael82
08-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Forget about Seth Payne. Jags signed him, per AP
damn. He would have been a good pickup for the Bills. :sigh:

Michael82
08-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I guess he decided to move up the ladder. Elmira to Rochester! :up:

jpdex12
08-18-2007, 08:53 PM
The funny thing is....a couple hours after I posted the thread about Payne, it was reported on WROC news at 5pm. And it's on the blog....

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/sportsblog

The Texans cut him? What has their defense ranked in the past few years? Yeah, I'd go right out and sign him. Thanks for the heads up find on this one Mikey but I'm just saying that we must really be digging through the scraps for some bandaids at this point if Payne is coming in for a run through...

TigerJ
08-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I think it is pretty common for the Bills to bring in players from time to time for a work o ut. Generally speaking, it's part of the work of maintaining a database of players in whome they might have interest. What makes Seth Payne more interesting than most is the fact that he's a veteran playing a need position. What we don't know is how interested the Bills are.

Wally The Barber
08-19-2007, 03:33 PM
I find it pretty amazing that these guys can workout and a fan snaps a few pictures and the media needs to find out about it on this site!
If they new earlier, they are painfully slow reporting it!

Michael82
08-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I find it pretty amazing that these guys can workout and a fan snaps a few pictures and the media needs to find out about it on this site!
If they new earlier, they are painfully slow reporting it!
To be fair, practice ended early Thursday. They were done by like 12:00pm. I was hanging around though until about 1:20pm, chatting with a buddy that works at camp. And then he spotted the workout, so I zoomed in and took photos. :up:

Wally The Barber
08-19-2007, 03:44 PM
To be fair, practice ended early Thursday. They were done by like 12:00pm. I was hanging around though until about 1:20pm, chatting with a buddy that works at camp. And then he spotted the workout, so I zoomed in and took photos. :up:

Thats a shame, if you could have gotten over there 10 minutes earlier you could have snapped some pictures of Tank Johnson! (lol)

Never the less that was the biggest unsolved story I have ever seen on this or any board!

I still can't believe it.

Michael82
08-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Thats a shame, if you could have gotten over there 10 minutes earlier you could have snapped some pictures of Tank Johnson! (lol)

Never the less that was the biggest unsolved story I have ever seen on this or any board!

I still can't believe it.
I'm surprised that Chris Brown or even WGR didn't report it. I did notice that WROC TV8 in Rochester reported it and that's because they realized who it was. But for someone like Seth Payne to tryout and no one even reports a thing about it, is a bit surprising.