PDA

View Full Version : NFL = No Fun League

Mad Bomber
08-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I have the Jest/Viqueens game on right now and I just saw the lamest call EVER...
Jericho Cotcherie caught a pass and got tackled on the 0.5 yard line. While he was still on his knees he bounced the ball off the turf....just enjoying the fact that he caught a pass that ALMOST went for a TD. He got penalized 5 yards for an "illegal spike".

What a bunch of BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the Jest, but that crap will RUIN our game. He just put the ball on the ground...apparently too hard...

I guess that you will have to lie down in the fetal position after any nice gain from now on....

LtBillsFan66
08-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Too many rules in the nfl.

Typ0
08-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I have the Jest/Viqueens game on right now and I just saw the lamest call EVER...
Jericho Cotcherie caught a pass and got tackled on the 0.5 yard line. While he was still on his knees he bounced the ball off the turf....just enjoying the fact that he caught a pass that ALMOST went for a TD. He got penalized 5 yards for an "illegal spike".

I hate the Jest, but that crap will RUIN our game. He just put the ball on the ground...apparently too hard...

I guess that you will have to lie down in the fetal position after any nice gain from now on....

that is the new rule and I think it's a good rule because that ball is bouncing around too much and time is being wasted.

TedMock
08-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Good rule. The league has become a circus over the last decade. They need hard rules to fix that. Spike the ball when you score. A good play doesn't mean anything unless you build on it. Instead of wasting time spiking the ball, get in the huddle and get ready to put another nail in the coffin while the opposition is on its heels. Why give them extra seconds to regroup? The NFL needs to be less "fun" in my opinion.

Typ0
08-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Good rule. The league has become a circus over the last decade. They need hard rules to fix that. Spike the ball when you score. A good play doesn't mean anything unless you build on it. Instead of wasting time spiking the ball, get in the huddle and get ready to put another nail in the coffin while the opposition is on its heels. Why give them extra seconds to regroup? The NFL needs to be less "fun" in my opinion.

I agree. The guy is getting paid Millions of dollars by raping the working folk he owes us that first down performance not the primadonna circus.

DraftBoy
08-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I agree with the new rule no need to celebrate a first down, if you wanna sling your arm fwd then fine but get back to huddle and score. This is coming from a guy who fully supports anything that Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Joe Horn, or TO do in touchdown celebrations.

Typ0
08-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I've actually got to hand it to the NFL in this case. I was thinking this afternoon that this is in direct response to those jerks whose team is getting pounded in a game and then in the fourth quarter they finally get a first down when the other teams third string is on the field and they start celebrating by spiking the ball. That happening makes the NFL look utterly stupid. What the hell is that guy celebrating for his team is getting it handed to them.

Wys Guy
08-18-2007, 09:40 PM

So much for your thread, eh.

:D

Mad Bomber
08-18-2007, 09:43 PM
This really wasn't a blatant spike, and paled in comparison to some of the stupid celebrations I see over simple first downs that many players do. That's why it struck me as odd.

Typ0
08-18-2007, 09:46 PM
This really wasn't a blatant spike, and paled in comparison to some of the stupid celebrations I see over simple first downs that many players do. That's why it struck me as odd.

yeah I didn't mean to suggest it was...but that's why the rule was put in place along with forcing some respect for the clock. It's not that hard for a team to take a minute off the clock on a drive by making the refs take an extra few seconds to get the ball all the time.

And remember the traditional practice on a running play is to let the ball slide out after you go down...well with instant replay that has all changed especially since now they can review a play even after the whistle blows. Hold on to the damn ball. Place it on the ground and get back to the huddle.

MiamiFins854
08-19-2007, 12:12 PM
fans don't want to see order, we want to see disorder. meaning touchdown dances and guys that COUGHT A PASS spiking it down (like they never cought a pass in their life)

PECKERWOOD
08-19-2007, 12:14 PM
fans don't want to see order, we want to see disorder. meaning touchdown dances and guys that COUGHT A PASS spiking it down (like they never cought a pass in their life)

Maybe fin fans and other convicts alike. Personally, I like to see them act like they've been in the redzone before.