X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Game perspective:

The Bills are clicking and moving on all defensive cylinders tonight. The defensive run D looked problematic at first, but they simply repaired what needed to be fixed after the Falcons first drive.

Losman looked more comfortable in the pocket tonight but needs to work on timing a bit. The "over-throw" to Price was not an over throw at all, instead if you watch the replay, Price stopped his route slightly then hit it again. Losman put the ball right where it needed to be. That should have been a TD.

Lynch is starting to get it. Losman nearly wrecked the kid as Jamaal Anderson (CB Atl) just about took his head off when JP didn't sell the fake and then lobbed the ball 3 feet above Lynch's head in the right flat.

Once again, Coy Wire is a demon on the field. I don't understand why it took the Bills this long to find out he was better off a linebacker then safety. On the McCargo interception (or fumble recovery - officially), Wire leveled (and I mean leveled) the Falcons 1st team back. Who incidently is a 3rd string back covering for other injured RBs for Atlanta. The guy has bruised ribs - possibly broken.

McCargo is making plays and in the process making a fool of me. If he can do this every game this season, he'll be a player. I have seen him pancaked once or twice though.

Parrish is all over the field with offense team unit 2. But Edwards isn't shy of impressive either. On the drive to the endzone, Edwards made two key throws to Parrish that included two serious licks from the Falcons D, yet he still completed the pass (to include the TD). He's so amazingly calm and collective this early in his career. Again, impressive.

The absence of Fowler was obvious in the 1st half. The snap launched over Losman's head was all on the center. And a series or two later, a false start was induced by the center as well.

The left side of the line still looks strong and the right side improved from last week.

Lindell's missed FG is a mystery to me as the angle of the camera was lit weird and I couldn't see what happened. I think it came off his foot wrong though, because the wind was at his back.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Game perspective:

Also, McGee seems to have lost a step in my eyes. Maybe physical, maybe mental? Don't get me wrong, he's still quick. It's just that had that interception come 2 years ago his prime, he would have been in the endzone. And I only make mention to that because his returns seem less decisive as well. He seems to think it out too much rather then react. Is it possible he's just putting too much pressure on himself?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
      Also, McGahee seems to have lost a sep to me.
      he hasn't scored on any hootchie momma's lately?

you mean McGee.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        he hasn't scored on any hootchie momma's lately?

you mean McGee.

Yeah - that guy!

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Another thought on Losman: Thinking back, it was obvious that Losman was trying to get something established with Lynch. Lynch started to gain momentum on the ground, but Losman and Lynch were having problems finding each other in the air. I'm sure this is something that can be fixed with repetition.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Another thought on Losman: Thinking back, it was obvious that Losman was trying to get something established with Lynch. Lynch started to gain momentum on the ground, but Losman and Lynch were having problems finding each other in the air. I'm sure this is something that can be fixed with repetition.

I'm glad he didn't do so well. I didn't like it when he didn't take his 2 int's in practice seriously. He can't be complacent. Hopefully tonights game will bring some sense of urgency.
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-17-2007, 08:39 PM.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Kind of feel like I'm typing to myself here, but no worries.

For anyone wanting to know, Gilbert Brown is heavier this year then he's ever been. That guy is a big pile of unhealthy. He might be clogging the middle, but in the process something has to be clogging his lower intestine. He didn't penetrate the line all game. The Bills did, however, just run away from him.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

I'm glad he didn't do so well. I didn't like it when he didn't take he's 2 int's in practice seriously. He can't be complacent. Hopefully tonights game will bring some sense of urgency.
                I agree.

BUt don't get me wrong, he didn't play horrible either. He just wasn't finding his groove. Had he played the second half, we might have seen a different Losman altogether. And let's not take away the nice ball on a rope he laid out for Evans. If Evans breaks that tackle, it's 7 more on the score board. So, Losman did have his moments tonight.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Kind of feel like I'm typing to myself here,

sacrifice1

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Well the Falcons can go ahead and call it a season. They just lost Shockley. Eluding a collpasing pocket, Shockley decided to play Vick and bolted out into the open field....then proceded to maneuver his body in a way the good Lord never intended it to move. At the very least he has a sprained knee. That leaves Redman at QB.

Now the Falcons are down 3 RBs and 2 QBs. Talk about a ****ty off season.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

A bull**** call on Tim Anderson. Ref called defensive holding on Tim at 3rd and goal. I didn't see the play, but it has to be pretty blatent to call defensive holding on the goal line. That hardly ever gets called.

That penalty and the one just prior gave the Falcons 7 and the lead.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

okay, now you're typing to yourself.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

okay, now you're typing to yourself.
                          LOL
                          Are you watching the game Justa?

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Chris Brown said that the wind is pretty bad and has affected the passes on both sides (i.e.Harrington's INT and the Price non-catch that COULD have been caught with more effort). I really hate the wind!

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              Chris Brown said that the wind is pretty bad and has affected the passes on both sides (i.e.Harrington's INT and the Price non-catch that COULD have been caught with more effort). I really hate the wind!
                              45MPH gusts. Looks like fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X