PDA

View Full Version : Time for the FIRST STRING to turn it up

im4bflo
08-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Practice is over, time to get ready to play for real.
First string against first string, has got to improve.
Our depth seems pretty good at some positions, a good sign for our future.
We need to work hard, and open it up a little more.
GO BILLS!

gil
08-17-2007, 09:22 PM
you're right, no good team has ever looked bad in the pre-season.

BILLSROCK1212
08-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Practice is over, time to get ready to play for real.
First string against first string, has got to improve.
Our depth seems pretty good at some positions, a good sign for our future.
We need to work hard, and open it up a little more.
GO BILLS!
next week should tell us a lot about how our season will go

BILLSROCK1212
08-17-2007, 09:28 PM
you're right, no good team has ever looked bad in the pre-season.
i dont recall any good team ever going undefeated in the preseason and winning a super bowl either

Mitchy moo
08-17-2007, 09:38 PM
i dont recall any good team ever going undefeated in the preseason and winning a super bowl either

St. Louis, 1999.

Bling
08-17-2007, 09:44 PM
POOOOZZZZILLLLLLLAAAAA!!!

gil
08-17-2007, 09:47 PM

well, the pre-season does mean everything.

Typ0
08-17-2007, 10:10 PM
next week doesn't mean crap. it's preseason and we are only playing against ourselves.

Philagape
08-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Here's the thing about preseason: Teams aren't trying to win. The game plan is different, the playcalling is different, and the regular-season intensity is not there, except for guys who are trying to make the team. For secure veterans, nothing is at stake. It's a scrimmage.

gil
08-17-2007, 10:15 PM
next week doesn't mean crap. it's preseason and we are only playing against ourselves.

nope, you can determine everything about a team from training camp reports and the first two pre-season games.

DraftBoy
08-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I agree it doesnt mean much but to see our D on that first drive was painful to watch, absolutely no pass rush and no run stopping ability. We got pushed around like school girls. We may not be trying to win, but we got ***** slapped by the Falcons whose 1st team also wasnt trying to win.

Philagape
08-17-2007, 10:24 PM
I agree it doesnt mean much but to see our D on that first drive was painful to watch, absolutely no pass rush and no run stopping ability. We got pushed around like school girls. We may not be trying to win, but we got ***** slapped by the Falcons whose 1st team also wasnt trying to win.

That's the status quo

gil
08-17-2007, 10:25 PM

I didn't see the game, so I'm just going by the reports here - granted I'm not encouraged, but I simply won't write off the season because we haven't had great showings yet - I'm not accusing others of doing that, but I've seen some conclusions drawn that seem a bit premature.

Everything may go to hell in the season, but I'm not going to freak out yet.

Typ0
08-17-2007, 10:26 PM

preseason not meaning crap means we haven't seen the worst of it yet.

DraftBoy
08-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I didn't see the game, so I'm just going by the reports here - granted I'm not encouraged, but I simply won't write off the season because we haven't had great showings yet - I'm not accusing others of doing that, but I've seen some conclusions drawn that seem a bit premature.

Everything may go to hell in the season, but I'm not going to freak out yet.

Tonight shows little but at this point I see point of attack as a huge problem for us

DraftBoy

I hope your wrong

DraftBoy
That's the status quo

sadly

gil
08-17-2007, 10:32 PM

I'm not going to try and remotely say we'll have the same outcome - but I remember Pittsburgh's pre-season before they won the SB and they looked simply freaking awful - and I mean awful in the pre-season - it could get worse for us, or it could get better - I mean, no one, except of course, Pat or Wys knows what's going to happen this year.

Typ0
08-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I hope your wrong

me too.

Typ0
08-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm not going to try and remotely say we'll have the same outcome - but I remember Pittsburgh's pre-season before they won the SB and they looked simply freaking awful - and I mean awful in the pre-season - it could get worse for us, or it could get better - I mean, no one, except of course, Pat or Wys knows what's going to happen this year.

they were a good defensive team for years and just waiting for the Offense to get up to speed. Things happened on offense that year for the Steelers and they ended up with a winner. Both sides of the ball for us are in shambles. We've had zero consistency and to me our defense for sure is going to get pounded. I don't subscribe to that "defense wins championships" banter but I do believe "defense loses championships". You just have to have an offense that is one of the best seen in twenty years to overcome a bad defense and vice versa. We don't have the pieces in place to even have a winning record and I stick by it.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2007, 02:07 PM
POOOOZZZZILLLLLLLAAAAA!!!

Aren't you a Dolphin Fan?

im4bflo
08-18-2007, 02:46 PM

If I remember correctly, we hardly ever won preseason games during our Marv
'90's SB run years. So winning means nothing, but you do want to see players do well, and stay healthy.