X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sennsai
    • Aug 2002

Centers gone, draft FB

With Centers gone, the Bills will now probably draft a FB next month.

Center was never a GREAT BLOCKING FB. He was a great receiving FB. A guy who could catch the ball out of the backfield, but didn't have the speed to break any big runs as a HB or the power to break any either.

With that said, a guy that is in the draft that CAN run and is a HUGE blocking FB is Casey Moore of Stanford. This kid is a GREAT blocker for Henry and I wouldn't hesitate one single second to give him the ball on the 4th and 1's and I say he will do great in that short yardage. He can also sneak in a run here and there to spell Henry with a rest, as a decoy. Grab him if we can... round 4ish. It's a need at this point, maybe do it at 3, if our scouts are high on him.
    " It happened before, it will happen again. It's just a question of when."
  • Seano
    • Mar 2003

This is a perfect time to draft a full back who wants to be a full back and not a wide receiver. I love LC but i would really like a FB who is only hunting linebackers.

Comment

• simpletask400
      • Mar 2003

We have a FB. Phillip Crosby. TD wouldn't have cut Centers if he thought Crosby couldn't start.

Crosby did all the blocking for Henry last year anyway.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

I believe that Crosby is going to be a good FB. That being said if we were to draft one I'll give you some names.

1. Casey Mooe (Stanford) 6-1 240lbs

2. Ovie Mughelli (Wake Forest) 6-0 255lbs

3. Brandon Drumm (Colorado) 6-1 229lbs

4. Andrew Pinnock (South Carolina) 6-0 265lbs

5. B.J. Askew (Michigan) 6-3 228lbs

Go Bills!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

askew is fast too if i remember.. but he is a bit light.. henry weighs that much and is like 5 inches shorter.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Askew is more like an H-Back he is a pretty good reciever though! Go Bills!

Comment

Working...
            X