PDA

View Full Version : Who's likely to be waived or cut

kernowboy
08-18-2007, 05:21 AM
In light of our continuing injuries and lack of depth in key areas, do we know anything about other training camp battles, which may result in some players we could pick up getting cut, not so much because of cap reasons but because they can't be squeezed onto the 53man roster?

It seems the Patriots have been able to maximise the ability of several players released due to underperformance from their previous teams and I wonder if we could grab one or two such players that might prove at least a short terms solution or if we are extremely lucky may last longer. We clearly need help in the following positions - DE & DT

With Hargrove suspended and Denney rumoured to have broken his foot, we are left with Schobel and Kelsay.

At the moment the Vikings have a battle at DE between Darrius Scott and Kenechi Udeze and with Erasmus James coming back might the Vikes feel they only need 2 of the 3 - if one was waived I'd grab 'em in an instant - this would at least shore up our DE depth short term. Gerald Warren may get traded (or cut) as he doesn't fit their new scheme which requires non-penetrating DTs. Would he not be a decent pick up? Even better are the Bears - will they really carry 10 decent DL into the opening game of the season

Any of the following would be a reasonable pick up

Anthony Adams - just signed so unlikely
Mark Anderson - great last season
Dan Bazuin - a R2 this year
Alex Brown - possible?
Dusty Dvoracek - unlikely as great in camp
Antonio Garay - possible?
Tommy Harris - forget it
Adewale Ogunleye - nope
Darwin Walker - hahaha
Israel Idonije - a possible cut who we should have traded Walker for and who we tendered an offer sheet last year

Whilst the DL is a huge concern, I will only panic come the game day roster

ParanoidAndroid
08-18-2007, 07:51 AM
In light of our continuing injuries and lack of depth in key areas, do we know anything about other training camp battles, which may result in some players we could pick up getting cut, not so much because of cap reasons but because they can't be squeezed onto the 53man roster?

It seems the Patriots have been able to maximise the ability of several players released due to underperformance from their previous teams and I wonder if we could grab one or two such players that might prove at least a short terms solution or if we are extremely lucky may last longer. We clearly need help in the following positions - DE & DT

With Hargrove suspended and Denney rumoured to have broken his foot, we are left with Schobel and Kelsay.

At the moment the Vikings have a battle at DE between Darrius Scott and Kenechi Udeze and with Erasmus James coming back might the Vikes feel they only need 2 of the 3 - if one was waived I'd grab 'em in an instant - this would at least shore up our DE depth short term. Gerald Warren may get traded (or cut) as he doesn't fit their new scheme which requires non-penetrating DTs. Would he not be a decent pick up? Even better are the Bears - will they really carry 10 decent DL into the opening game of the season

Any of the following would be a reasonable pick up

Anthony Adams - just signed so unlikely
Mark Anderson - great last season
Dan Bazuin - a R2 this year
Alex Brown - possible?
Dusty Dvoracek - unlikely as great in camp
Antonio Garay - possible?
Tommy Harris - forget it
Adewale Ogunleye - nope
Darwin Walker - hahaha
Israel Idonije - a possible cut who we should have traded Walker for and who we tendered an offer sheet last year

Whilst the DL is a huge concern, I will only panic come the game day roster

Alex Brown has to be a favorite to be on their roster and there would be a huge scramble to grab him even if he was cut. They should keep at least 8 which means Garay and probably Idonije are the odd men out. If Idonije gets cut, I kinda think he will be a Bill pretty fast. I'm not excited about Garay.

patmoran2006
08-18-2007, 09:43 AM
I dont think Idonijie gets cut, that would be nice though.. Marv wanted him last year.

BILLSROCK1212
08-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I dont think Idonijie gets cut, that would be nice though.. Marv wanted him last year.
Idonije has looked pretty good in the preseason