PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps our D isn't so bad after all?

shelby
08-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Going into the season there was some trepidation on the part of Bills fans about their defense, but after two performances in which they've held two opponents to a total of 23 points there might be reason for optimism.
Buffalo's defenders had a goal line stand to force a turnover on downs, a key third down stop to force an Atlanta field goal attempt, and posted three interceptions including one that provided fantastic field position for what proved to be the Bills only touchdown.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5083

Thoughts?

Night Train
08-18-2007, 07:36 AM
The DL and their ability to stop the run. That will make/break our 2007 season.

LtFinFan66
08-18-2007, 08:14 AM
I think it's preseason. That's what I think. Regular season will tell

Yasgur's Farm
08-18-2007, 08:17 AM
While I'm not a chicken little concerning our D (in fact I've had their backs), this last game wasn't exactly against Dunn and Vick. Atlanta is down to the bottom of their depth chart at these positions.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2007, 08:18 AM
The D, at this point, looks worse than last year.

Sorry, but this is two weeks in a row where a team just ran down the field on our first string.

We were saved by a blocked field goal and a rookie coach going for it on 4th and 1.

By the way that was Joey Harrington and Snelling out there. Not Vick and Dunn.

jmb1099
08-18-2007, 08:24 AM
The D, at this point, looks worse than last year.

Sorry, but this is two weeks in a row where a team just ran down the field on our first string.

We were saved by a blocked field goal and a rookie coach going for it on 4th and 1.

By the way that was Joey Harrington and Snelling out there. Not Vick and Dunn.
I'm not ready to declare our D good or bad at this point since as Lt pointed out it is preseason. However a couple of things stood out
1) Second consecutive week the first string d has pitched a td shutout.
2) McCargo, if he stays healthy, will only get better
3) Whitner and Poz, once they settled down had great instincts to the ball.

I didn't think our d really had any potential at all this year... I'm still not sure but it looks better than I thought it would

justasportsfan
08-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Thoughts?it was written by bb.com.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2007, 08:43 AM
The idea that the D was improving because we let them march all the way down to the 1 yard line and than stopped them? I don't get the logic.

Oaf
08-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Poz, Whitner, McGee, Hargrove, and Greer kicked ass last night.
It was nice to see McCargo chip in for once as well.
Other than that, our D was average. It still hurts to know almost any back in the league can gash us up in the middle on almost any given play.

Pass rush wasn't there, and the power run game hit us hard till the end. Great turnovers though.