• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Coy Wire gets props from bb.com...

This does my heart good, i wish i could have seen the game....

Also impressive defensively was Coy Wire filling in at the strong side linebacker position for Angelo Crowell. Wire single-handedly made sure Atlanta's first possession of the second quarter would be a short one.
    On first down he stuffed Snelling off right tackle for no gain. The next play Wire drilled Snelling after a short completion over the middle to force a fumble which was snared out of the air by John McCargo at the Falcons' 37-yard line. It led to Buffalo's first points of the night and a 3-0 advantage on a 48-yard Rian Lindell field goal.

Perhaps he will be a good LB after all?

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Coy Wire gets props from bb.com...

I was there. Wire played great all night.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
      • Jun 2003

Yeah, he really played great.
      www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

I've always thought Wire has a role on this team... His critics are those who expect something other than what he is... A solid baller!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

I've been Wire's biggest critic, and it is just one game, but his play was impressive. He might have been the best Bill on the field last night.

Shelby, I even posted it in the game thread last night. Not the official one, the other one.

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Too bad whomever posted article summary on BZ front page did not post this snip:

Also impressive defensively was Coy Wire filling in at the strong side linebacker position for Angelo Crowell. Wire single-handedly made sure Atlanta's first possession of the second quarter would be a short one.

On first down he stuffed Snelling off right tackle for no gain. The next play Wire drilled Snelling after a short completion over the middle to force a fumble which was snared out of the air by John McCargo at the Falcons' 37-yard line. It led to Buffalo's first points of the night and a 3-0 advantage on a 48-yard Rian Lindell field goal.

Whomever posted the snip must not be a Coy Wire fan.

Comment

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I've been Wire's biggest critic, and it is just one game, but his play was impressive. He might have been the best Bill on the field last night.
              Yeah, but the way to look at that is as more of an anomaly. We know what Wire is and can bring.

He's 28/29 this season, his 6th. He's smallish for a LB, slow for a DB.

This should be viewed as what it was, a good game against a not-so great cast of offensive players.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but if we're relying on an uptick in Wire's play for our hopes this season, we're sunk. Which we may already be anyway. This is among the worst Bills teams I've ever seen on all sides.

No DL worth even discussing, Schobel on edge of fading.
              OL is underperforming once again. Again, why is McNally still employed by the team?!
              Losman still struggling in the short game.
              Lynch, while in every likelihood better than McGahee, still a victim of erratic OL play, at best. 8 run, 9 run, -1, -2.
              The sum total of our offensive success is once again deep balls down the left sideline to Evans. Hmmm, I wonder how long it's going to take DC's to figure that out. Ooops! Shhhhh....
              Opposing receivers wide open all over the field.

Go Mountaineers! : ]

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                Yeah, but the way to look at that is as more of an anomaly. We know what Wire is and can bring.

He's 28/29 this season, his 6th. He's smallish for a LB, slow for a DB.

This should be viewed as what it was, a good game against a not-so great cast of offensive players.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but if we're relying on an uptick in Wire's play for our hopes this season, we're sunk. Which we may already be anyway. This is among the worst Bills teams I've ever seen on all sides.

OL is underperforming once again. Again, why is McNally still employed by the team?!
                Lynch, while in every likelihood better than McGahee, still a victim of erratic OL play, at best. 8 run, 9 run, -1, -2.
                The sum total of our offensive success is once again deep balls down the left sideline to Evans. Hmmm, I wonder how long it's going to take DC's to figure that out. Ooops! Shhhhh....

Go Mountaineers! : ]
                I have a different view on Coy Wire. Yes, I have seen plenty of players have a lucky game, Denney comes to mind.

What I saw from Wire was speed and leverage. He can deliver a vicious hit. Fletcher was slower and more of a tackler. Wire isn't afraid to use his body.

I definately saw something there that was beyond just having a good game.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Wys Guy

]
                  1) Losman's touch pass looks like it always has. That's legit.

2) It is preseason so I'm sure we aren't rolling out a complex offense. However, JP better have more than Evans on his mind or he is going to have tons of picks. Price's non-catch was embarrassing.

3) Our O-line's weak link is definately Preston. Brad Butler needs to get healthy fast.

4) I would like to see McCargo and Tripplet playing together before I throw in the towel. But I agree that behind them is **** on a stick.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

At least maybe Wire will for a turnover or two amongst the dozen or so TDs he gives up.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla admin
                      • Jul 2002

Argh...haters

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

It was a great game and the guy has put on some decent size this off season. He's been working really hard and it showed last night. He throws his body at players like a SS and just anihialated Snelling last night.

I've always admired players with heart and Wire is certainly one of those guys. Give me team of Coy Wire's over a team of talent waisting schmucks like TO anyday.
                        Last edited by RedEyE; 08-18-2007, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

I was also very impressed with Coy Wire out there. He had a nose for the ball and made a few huge plays. Plus like he does on special teams, he hits you like a ****ing Mack truck!

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

It looks to me as if Wire was misscast as a safety all this time. He's a linebacker, pure and simple. Yes he's smallish, but that's not supposed to be such a huge handicap in the Tampa 2. It also would not surprise me if he could put on another few pounds next offseason and play at 233-235. He's not going to be a starter, but if he is a solid depth player, that's not a bad thing to have.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                              Argh...haters
                              ha ha same old drivel. Atl did not prepare to be playing against Coy Wire it's preseason...great chance for him to look good. As soon as a real game comes along they will change the play and throw it right over his head I've seen it too many times to just sit here and think the world is suddenly spinning in a different direction. Have fun watching preseason football folks it may be the last fun you have all season!

Comment

Working...
                              X