PDA

View Full Version : Glad we have Losman!

X-Era
08-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Tom brady in his game on Fri:

10 of 19 for 145, 1 td, 2 int's including one returned for a TD

Chad Pennington in his game on Fri:

7 of 10 for 40, 0 TD's 2 int's

Hmmmm.

Just proves the pre-season stats are worth about nothing.

jmb1099
08-18-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm glad we have him too, but all things being honest for the most part I was not impressed last night.

LtFinFan66
08-18-2007, 08:26 AM
I think both of Penningtons were pick-6 as well

Wys Guy
08-18-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm glad we have him too, but all things being honest for the most part I was not impressed last night.
Our first team O has not scored a TD yet in preseason. We have the defensively challenged Titans and Lions yet, which isn't much of a litmus test.

justasportsfan
08-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Our first team O has not scored a TD yet in preseason. We have the defensively challenged Titans and Lions yet, which isn't much of a litmus test.
its weird since JP used to be a high rating qb in the 1st qtr. there was a time when we used to rank high in scoring in the first qtr.

duhbilz
08-18-2007, 08:33 AM

I don't know about the Lions, but the Titans were looking pretty scary on defense last night against the Pats, Brady was on his ass, a lot!

HHURRICANE
08-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Stats in the pre-season are meaningless.

However, I don't need a stat book to figure out that Losman's dump off pass to Lynch wasn't very good and seems to be something that he continues to struggle with.

Wys Guy
08-18-2007, 08:57 AM
its weird since JP used to be a high rating qb in the 1st qtr. there was a time when we used to rank high in scoring in the first qtr.

I'm not sure I'd give that much credence one way or another in preseason. But we do need to prove that we can move the ball with at least a rudimentary consistency. Thus far against the Falcons and Saints, not exactly two of last season's best Ds to understate matters, we have been unable to do that. On the one drive that we have, the entire drive more or less boils down once again to a single deep pass play down the left side to Evans.

I mean if I'm an opposing DC, I just tell my team to triple up Evans every time he lines up on the left and otherwise just do what they do.

Wys Guy
08-18-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't know about the Lions, but the Titans were looking pretty scary on defense last night against the Pats, Brady was on his ass, a lot!

Perhaps, but the Titans allowed 400 points last season on D, ahead of only the Niners. The Lions were only one spot ahead of them. Even if they've improved by the proverbial leaps and bounds it might propel them to average. I wouldn't hold my breath that they have.

Also, for which team might you "kick it up a notch" emotionally, us or the Pats? LOL

Everybody's out for a pound of flesh from Brady.

Wys Guy
08-18-2007, 09:06 AM

However, I don't need a stat book to figure out that Losman's dump off pass to Lynch wasn't very good and seems to be something that he continues to struggle with.

Yes, they are. But what's not meaningless is altering past deficient play. You implicitly suggest that.

Yasgur's Farm
08-18-2007, 09:28 AM
its weird since JP used to be a high rating qb in the 1st qtr. there was a time when we used to rank high in scoring in the first qtr.Last season...

1st... 64.9%, 9.04 YDS/ATT, 3 TD, 3 INT, 91.2 PR
2nd... 61.7%, 6.95 YDS/ATT, 3 TD, 4 INT, 76.2 PR
3rd... 60.9%, 5.79 YDS/ATT, 7 TD, 4 INT, 83.0 PR
4th... 62.7%, 6.95 YDS/ATT, 6 TD, 3 INT, 89.7 PR (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=5547)

These stats show JP was fairly consistant throughout all 4 quarters. But in terms of TD's... He's definately a 2nd half QB.

X-Era
08-18-2007, 09:37 AM

That was the ONLY play I saw that wasnt that great by him.

Royal and Peerless miss-throw? Did anyone see the damn flag before the game? the wind was whipping. If this was regualr season, the pregame would have told you what that wind speed was, Im guessing 20+ mph by the flag. It was no joke.

If anything Losman made a great pump fake and threw to an open guy, alot better than throwing a pikc or throwing into coverage.

Add in the bomb to Evans and several scrambles, I liked it.

Also, we had a backup center launch the damn snap that killed a drive, and a holding penalty that was fictious IMO. Peters had him inside the shoulders by my view.

Lynch had only one run under 4 yards and several where he got 3 or more yards of YAC.

MY only concern is the rushing yards we gave up in the middle.

ddaryl
08-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I think our starting O in general needs to play the entire 1st half of the last 2 preseason games and work on consistency. The OL needs the gel time, and
JP needs to get into a rythm

TigerJ
08-18-2007, 11:20 AM
The starting offense has not looked good at all. Losman has been so so. I'm not fretting too much about that because it is preseason I just hope the coaching staff has some notion of why it's not lloking very good and can make sure it's ready to go in September.

duhbilz
08-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Perhaps, but the Titans allowed 400 points last season on D, ahead of only the Niners. The Lions were only one spot ahead of them. Even if they've improved by the proverbial leaps and bounds it might propel them to average. I wouldn't hold my breath that they have.

Also, for which team might you "kick it up a notch" emotionally, us or the Pats? LOL

Everybody's out for a pound of flesh from Brady.

Well from what I understand, the Titans have upgraded their Dline, but are concerned about their secondary with the loss of Jones. However they do have another emerging star in the secondary with Cortland Finnegan, he's one to watch. I find it interesting that the Pats really had a hard time the last two games with their starting Oline. I understand it's pre-season, but It was said during the game last night that the Pats will struggle againsts teams that can rush the passer, while the interior of the Bills defense is small and not as well equipted to stop the run, rushing the passer shouldn't be a problem.

The Pats didn't look good at all on the Oline, remember they aren't a run of the mill team. I can't think of any reason you let your Oline play bad and let Brady get pounded, but if you wtached the game he was treated like rag doll by the Titans Dline....they didn't blitz from the secondary, most of the presure came from the down 4 only, it was a joy to watch. I think the Titans will be one of those teams that turns the corner this year.

LtFinFan66
08-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Well from what I understand, the Titans have upgraded their Dline, but are concerned about their secondary with the loss of Jones. However they do have another emerging star in the secondary with Cortland Finnegan, he's one to watch. I find it interesting that the Pats really had a hard time the last two games with their starting Oline. I understand it's pre-season, but It was said during the game last night that the Pats will struggle againsts teams that can rush the passer, while the interior of the Bills defense is small and not as well equipted to stop the run, rushing the passer shouldn't be a problem.

The Pats didn't look good at all on the Oline, remember they aren't a run of the mill team. I can't think of any reason you let your Oline play bad and let Brady get pounded, but if you wtached the game he was treated like rag doll by the Titans Dline....they didn't blitz from the secondary, most of the presure came from the down 4 only, it was a joy to watch. I think the Titans will be one of those teams that turns the corner this year.

How goes it FTP??