PDA

View Full Version : Team that will sign Centers....

wwovince
03-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Will be the PATSIES. I bet my bottom dollar on it!

Cntrygal
03-20-2003, 06:39 PM
better watch it... there's alot of gamblers here and they are "zonebuck crazy". :D

The Natrix
03-20-2003, 06:41 PM
I'll bet you 250 zbs straight up that he doesn't sign with the patsies

BambinoSux
03-20-2003, 06:58 PM
I'd say Jets over Patsies since the Pats are basically up against the cap and will need to sign two first round picks. Jets have plenty of cap room and Centers is a perfect fit for their system.

Billsouth
03-20-2003, 08:02 PM
why did we cut centers? i dont understand? please help me TD. i trust you but need some guidance.

4thAndLong
03-20-2003, 08:03 PM
I'll bet you 100 he doesn't go to NE.

Seano
03-20-2003, 08:12 PM
He'll go to the redskins like every other old man who used to have pro bowl talent, Besides they need as many receivers as they can get.

XNOUGHT
03-20-2003, 08:22 PM
At first I said no, but the resident Pats fans here now thinks that Pats will be all over him.

The Pats tried to do everything possible to get Richie Anderson. Richie is a decent blocker, but an excellent pass catcher.

Centers is a decent blocker, but a SUPERB pass catcher. He has had some amazing numbers.

The Pats will make a run at him.......

lordofgun
03-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Plus Centers would probably love to face the Bills twice per year.

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-20-2003, 08:27 PM
I don't believe in gambling.

Tatonka
03-20-2003, 08:49 PM
i dont think centers is a man that would carry hard feelings.. he has been around long enough to know this is a business..

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Seano
He'll go to the redskins like every other old man who used to have pro bowl talent, Besides they need as many receivers as they can get.
Centers came from the Redskins before we got him, do you think he'll go back?

I'd say he goes to the Jets, since they just lost their FB Richie Anderson.

DraftBoy
03-20-2003, 08:59 PM
I say he goes elsewhere all together

itsandthings
03-21-2003, 06:29 AM
Here is what Bill Belichick said about Centers prior to the Patriots playing the Bills last November:

"Larry's had a great career. One thing about Larry too, he's one of the toughest, most physical players ... He's a guy that runs hard, that breaks tackles, you'll see him down the field throwing a block after a receiver catches the ball, and he's always hustling. There are a thousand players in the league and you can't know all of them and you can't study all of them, but there are certain ones that catch your eye when they're not on your team for one reason or another. I think Larry's the type of guy that I've noticed ever since he's been in the league ... He's the kind of guy that every time you see him, he kind of catches your eye because he's hustling, he's aggressive, he's a playmaker, and he just goes out and does a good job. He's maybe not the most spectacular player and doesn't try to draw a lot of attention to himself, but he's just a good football player, good on special teams, very dependable, and he's a playmaker. Usually when he's around the ball, good things happen for him, and for his team. I have a lot of admiration for Larry Centers. I think he's a heck of a football player. And he's tough."

The Patriots are in the market for a FB, having let Marc Edwards go in Free Agency. Their offense doesn't use a traditional lead-blocking FB, as Charlie Weis likes to use the FB as a pass-receiver.

Granted, Centers is 35. However, it sure sounds like a player they will be interested in.

BuffaloRanger
03-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Falcons want him. You heard it here first.

Bruce is Loose
03-21-2003, 09:12 PM
I hope the pats dont get him... I live and go to school in NE and dont want to have to root against him (which inevitably would happen). i loved having the guy on our team and wish him the best. i suppose its out of the realm of possibility that he re-signs with us?? ya probably

qcsabresfan84
03-21-2003, 10:42 PM
It sounds crazy but watch for the Bengals to make a pitch at him. They lost Lorenzo Neal to the Chargers and they need a fullback with good hands to catch the dumpoff throws from whichever inexperienced QB starts in Cincinatti next year.

mackey789
03-22-2003, 01:06 AM
washington will sign him, mark my words

itsandthings
03-22-2003, 10:52 AM
The Pats are out of the running. They have signed FB Fred McCrary, formerly of the Chargers. It is unlikely they bring in Centers as well.

It looks like Washington really wants him, which likely means he ends up there. Atlanta is a possibility as well. They wanted to sign McCrary as well, but he went with the Pats.

Doc
03-22-2003, 11:15 AM
Cool. Centers is a much more dangerous player than McCrary. Marc Edwards was as well.

itsandthings
03-22-2003, 03:09 PM
McCrary is a superior blocker to either Edwards or Centers. He can catch the ball out of the backfield about as good as Edwards, but is nowhere near the threat Centers is. He isn't a threat to run at all.

Where McCrary adds a lot of extra value is on ST. He is an excellent ST player who played on all the ST's for San Diego. He also is a high-character player who was very popular with his teammates.

When you consider the Pats FB only plays in about half their offensive sets, it makes sense to sign a guy like McCrary for shorter money than a Centers or Edwards, especially considering he is a real contributor on ST. That said, Centers is a better overall player.

itsandthings
03-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Now the latest word is the Patriots haven't ruled out taking a look at Centers, despite signing McCrary. Seems like it wouldn't be a fit, but you never know...

qcsabresfan84
03-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Centers knows better than to sign somewhere where he will have competition. He's capable of a starting job and he knows it.