PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of our defense play? Hell no, try offense!!!

raphael120
08-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I know we are all supposed to be afraid of our defense and everything, but I honestly am not. You know, at least the defense gets a pass. They lost some vets and have a lot of young players on that side of the ball. But actually, they're suprising me a bit, they're making big plays and tightening up when it counts. I'm liking the progress our D is making, while I may add I am a little scared at our D-line depth now, but my main concern is...

This pathetic stuttering offense!!!!!!!!

This is the side of the ball where we invested BIG money on the O-line and our awesome QB, JP, is supposed to really take off. He looks like CRAP! He honestly looks no better than last preseason! I don't know what it is but one thing I'm noticing is our o-line is giving JP time and JP is just not able to find the right receiver, make the right decisions, and he looks WAY to timid back there. He scrambled on back to back plays when the pocket wasn't anywhere NEAR to collapsing, he's getting more than 5 seconds to throw the ball sometimes! And I agree with Pat, YOU PLAY IN BUFFALO, WIND IS NO EXCUSE, PRETTY BOY! Price is a bum, cut his ****ing ass NOW, and I hope to God that JP gets a fire lit up his ass or I think you can see him GONE next year and Edwards starting. He just looks like total **** right now. He played against the Atlanta second team D and he CANNOT GET IT DONE! It's the same old story with the offense again.

No long sustaining drives, this time of possession is going to kill our defense in a full 4 quarter game. Throwing for 6 yards when it's 3rd and 16, overthrowing, underthrowing, not making quick decisions, and the only time we can move the ball is when Evans, NOT JP, makes a play! That was ALL Evans! And I remember a FEW long balls last season when if it wasn't for Evans making up for the bad placement of the ball by JP, that it wouldve been dropped or intercepted. JP better take Evans out for dinner last night because if it wasn't for Evans making the play on that poorly thrown ball, JP's night wouldve been even more abysmal than it was!

I know it's preseason and all, but JP, the O-line, has not shown me JACK, meanwhile our defense is actually showing ALOT of promise..

Unless Lynch can throw the ball to himself while busting off big runs too, I think we're not going to be making much improvement from last year.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2007, 12:37 PM
It's pre-season. With that said I'm afraid that Evans is the only real threat in our passing game. Price is not and never will be a legit #2.

Parrish and Reed are fine at #3 and #4 but we have a large hole at #2.

raphael120
08-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I know it's preseason and all, but JP, the O-line, has not shown me JACK, meanwhile our defense is actually showing ALOT of promise..

Just re-iterating this part so I don't get jumped.

justasportsfan
08-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Just re-iterating this part so I don't get jumped.
at least you're calling it as you see it. I'm waiting for some people to jump at the D and say they suck.

Philagape
08-18-2007, 12:46 PM
The offense reminds me of Houston ... Talented but erratic QB, no line, one stud WR with nobody behind him

justasportsfan
08-18-2007, 12:48 PM
It'll take time for the OL to have chemistry. I'm not worried. I'm still more worried about the D but at least they're showing improvement even though it's just preseason.

DraftBoy
08-18-2007, 12:49 PM
at least you're calling it as you see it. I'm waiting for some people to jump at the D and say they suck.

The defense blows just as bad! We are doomed!! happy?

HHURRICANE
08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
The offense reminds me of Houston ... Talented but erratic QB, no line, one stud WR with nobody behind him

I really don't think it's that bad. Peters and Dockery are both playing at 50%. I did see Peters totally take Abraham out of one play and pushed him around like a rag doll. It's pre-season play. Nobody want's to get hurt.

justasportsfan
08-18-2007, 12:50 PM

that was a pos comment, but thanks.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2007, 12:52 PM
To be frank the team is going to be what many of us realists expected:

1) O-line improved.

2) No #2 receiver.

3) Weak against the run.

4) Alot of improvemnat once the rookies like Poz get established.

Was anybody really thinking playoffs?

justasportsfan
08-18-2007, 12:53 PM
It's a possibility IMO but I wouldn't bet on it.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2007, 12:55 PM

When you allow a 3rd string running back to run for over 4 YPC against you, that's cause for concern. Especially when Joey Harrington is the QB. It's not like he's any threat.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2007, 12:58 PM
It's a possibility IMO but I wouldn't bet on it.

Agreed. But it would mean that Lynch and Poz would both have to play better than rookies. Lynch could do it but I think Poz will make alot more mistakes.

Everything else would have to be perfect. Like McCargo playing great on opening day.

justasportsfan
08-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Everything else would have to be perfect. Like McCargo playing great on opening day.
and the jets and Pats blowing too. We do need a lot of help. As long as we're improving as the season goes rolling by , we'll be fine.

For some reason I'm not worried about Lynch having to play like a probowler. It's preseason and against scrubs but Freddie Jackson is showing a lot more than both Wright and Lynch combined.

Damn we're stacked at RB.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I know we are all supposed to be afraid of our defense and everything, but I honestly am not. You know, at least the defense gets a pass. They lost some vets and have a lot of young players on that side of the ball. But actually, they're suprising me a bit, they're making big plays and tightening up when it counts. I'm liking the progress our D is making, while I may add I am a little scared at our D-line depth now, but my main concern is...

This pathetic stuttering offense!!!!!!!!

This is the side of the ball where we invested BIG money on the O-line and our awesome QB, JP, is supposed to really take off. He looks like CRAP! He honestly looks no better than last preseason! I don't know what it is but one thing I'm noticing is our o-line is giving JP time and JP is just not able to find the right receiver, make the right decisions, and he looks WAY to timid back there. He scrambled on back to back plays when the pocket wasn't anywhere NEAR to collapsing, he's getting more than 5 seconds to throw the ball sometimes! And I agree with Pat, YOU PLAY IN BUFFALO, WIND IS NO EXCUSE, PRETTY BOY! Price is a bum, cut his ****ing ass NOW, and I hope to God that JP gets a fire lit up his ass or I think you can see him GONE next year and Edwards starting. He just looks like total **** right now. He played against the Atlanta second team D and he CANNOT GET IT DONE! It's the same old story with the offense again.

No long sustaining drives, this time of possession is going to kill our defense in a full 4 quarter game. Throwing for 6 yards when it's 3rd and 16, overthrowing, underthrowing, not making quick decisions, and the only time we can move the ball is when Evans, NOT JP, makes a play! That was ALL Evans! And I remember a FEW long balls last season when if it wasn't for Evans making up for the bad placement of the ball by JP, that it wouldve been dropped or intercepted. JP better take Evans out for dinner last night because if it wasn't for Evans making the play on that poorly thrown ball, JP's night wouldve been even more abysmal than it was!

Unless Lynch can throw the ball to himself while busting off big runs too, I think we're not going to be making much improvement from last year.

Relaxe bud, this time of the year, all D's tend to look better than O's for all teams.

This is actually a very pleasant surprise to me - I think we may actually end up taking a step forward this year on D - instead of backwards like many of the negative nancies suspected. I'm sure our O will wake up sooner or later - hopefully, next week, they get at least a half to shake off some more rust.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2007, 01:51 PM

1) O-line improved.

2) No #2 receiver.

3) Weak against the run.

I'm thinking playoffs.

wanna wager on it?

HHURRICANE
08-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm thinking playoffs.

wanna wager on it?

Absolutely!!!

Just to warn you I have a 65% success rate picking games.

So what are we betting for?

Oaf
08-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Jackson disappointed me last night, missing holes on several runs and missing on a few blitz pickups as well. He had some nice receptions and one nice run however, to save face.
I thought Wright looked great last night.

HAMMER
08-18-2007, 05:26 PM

1) O-line improved.

2) No #2 receiver.

3) Weak against the run.

Very few if anyone. This team is building, I think the playoffs are a possibility in 08, but a tough schedule and a young defense make for lot of tough games.

raphael120
08-18-2007, 08:29 PM
I've seen much hope for our D thus far, but when the guy who touches the ball every snap on offense (JP), is not making any improvement, thus far, I'm not freaking out but I am expecting to see what our improved oline and having Lynch as a receiving threat is actually going to translate to in QB play. Thus far, I've seen no notable improvement from JP since last season.

patmoran2006
08-19-2007, 03:20 AM
I really don't think it's that bad. Peters and Dockery are both playing at 50%. I did see Peters totally take Abraham out of one play and pushed him around like a rag doll. It's pre-season play. Nobody want's to get hurt.
Why are they playing at 50%??

Are they recovering from injuries?

are we a superb offense thats just "chillen" during the preseason.??

patmoran2006
08-19-2007, 03:22 AM
It's pre-season. With that said I'm afraid that Evans is the only real threat in our passing game. Price is not and never will be a legit #2.

Parrish and Reed are fine at #3 and #4 but we have a large hole at #2.
you mean, 2006 all over again, right? Well tell Marv now so maybe we can do soemthing about it for 2008