PDA

View Full Version : Late post-game notes...(fixed by Fat Tony because Op screwed up)

OpIv37
08-18-2007, 01:49 PM
I just finished watching the game so some of this may have been discussed already.

Offense-
The good:
- Lee Evans- wow.
- Parrish is stepping it up
-This team is STACKED at RB. Fred Jackson needs to work on his blitz pickup but looks good with the ball in his hands. Lynch's stat line sucked but he had some great plays and showed flashes of good things to come. I know I said this last week, but just cut Shaud already.
-Schouman just might make this team
-Edwards continues to look good.
-No TO's- the entire O is protecting the ball well.

The bad:
-JP is still missing passes
-I know Preston was playing out of position but he SUCKED. Both him and Royal got owned on that Lynch run for the big loss, he had the bad snap, and the penalty. I'm really losing faith in this guy.
-Peters played well but had a holding penalty for the second week in a row. Watch out for that.
- Royal still can't ****ing block. I'm sick of this guy- the scary part is that we don't have anyone better.
-Our first team O couldn't move the ball against their second team D- that's just scary.

Defense-
The Good:
-Poz is ready for the first team
- Hargrove played well- we're going to miss him the first month, especially with Denney out
-Whitner looks great.
-Webster- didn't hear his name called once. That's good- it means they didn't challenge him and he didn't get beat.
-They really solidified after the first drive and created some TO's.
-I can't believe I'm saying this, but Wire made a few impressive plays
-Greer has earned the nickel spot.
-Wilson looks at home as a safety.

The bad:
-they got pushed all over the field on the first drive and gave up 50 yards on 12 carries to that no name RB.
-Ellison looks lost. He sucked in coverage.
-McCargo did have a couple good plays, but the DT's were completely ineffectual in the passing game. Tripplett was forced wide on every pass play and they never even got near the QB. McCargo also missed that tackle when Redmon scrambled. What happened to Kyle Williams? He's done nothing in either pre-season game.
-the DE's weren't much better at getting after the QB
-Youboty wasn't awful but wasn't as good as last week.

S/T:
-Not as dominant as last week- Moorman struggled a little.
-Leonhard can't return punts
-Lindell has really stepped it up.
-Aiken is proving his worth as a gunner
-Overall, still above average and nothing to worry about here.

General comments:
-We actually ran a quick slant! Reed caught it on one of those early drives when we were pinned deep.
-I ****ing hate the draw play on 3rd and 10+. Give it up already.
-I hope no one got those McGahee jerseys altered because Bassey isn't making this team.
-Too many penalties during this game.
-TO's are great, but we can't count on them. I'd love to see the D shut someone down the traditional way.

OpIv37
08-18-2007, 01:59 PM
oh dammit the title was supposed to be "post game notes", obviously.

mods, please fix. Thanks

ublinkwescore
08-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Don't fix it mods - Op makes mistakes and here's proof.

OpIv37
08-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Don't fix it mods - Op makes mistakes and here's proof.

insightful contribution, as always.

Romes
08-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the notes. I appreciate them since I wasn't able to watch the game. Plus, I know you won't be too easy on any player :up:

One thing though...

Nall continues to look good

I thought Nall didn't play, did you mean Edwards?

OpIv37
08-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the notes. I appreciate them since I wasn't able to watch the game. Plus, I know you won't be too easy on any player :up:

One thing though...

I thought Nall didn't play, did you mean Edwards?

right- thanks.

Fat Tony
08-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Thread title fixed.....sort of:snicker:

LtFinFan66
08-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Fat Tony hooked it up Op

BlackMetalNinja
08-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the notes Op, I to didn't get to see the game, just ESPN highlights. How'd DiGiorgio look?

And as far as Peters and holding, hopefully that'll not be an issue over a full game, but once, maybe twice a game isn't a huge deal. We all know you can be a pro bowl O lineman and hold 5 times a game. (Rueben Brown)

OpIv37
08-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the notes Op, I to didn't get to see the game, just ESPN highlights. How'd DiGiorgio look?

And as far as Peters and holding, hopefully that'll not be an issue over a full game, but once, maybe twice a game isn't a huge deal. We all know you can be a pro bowl O lineman and hold 5 times a game. (Rueben Brown)

DiGiorgio mostly played with the 2nd team. He made a few plays- nothing spectacular but he wasn't bad either.

jamze132
08-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the notes, Op.

jmb1099
08-18-2007, 06:04 PM
In two games of play the first team defense has given up exactly 0 touch downs.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2007, 07:11 PM

Come one, that's just a little deceiving. Don't you think?

jmb1099
08-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Come one, that's just a little deceiving. Don't you think?
You tell me.
They stopped SD's first team O and held Atalanta on 3rd and goal and fourth and goal. Atlanta could have had the fg, I'll give you that, but they we're stopped on 3rd down as well. I'm not saying our d is great, but its a valid, actual stat

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-18-2007, 07:29 PM
The D looked stellar last night after the first four or five plays. POZ is the REAL DEAL! that kid is going to be an instant fan favorite. Whitner was layin some hits that I had hoped to see last year but didn't. It will only get better once Crowell gets back in there. McCargo was slow at best getting off the ball but he was getting a good push more times than not. Tripplett? that guy has been a real disappointment. How is Jabari Greer not being considered for the starting corner job? He just makes play after play. I am pretty satisfied with the D right now aside from the DT position with the exception of Kyle Williams.

The O not so stellar. Lynch looked lioke a breathe of fresh air after watching McGahee dance in the backfield and not hit the hole. He moved the pile and dragged guys with him as well as ,aking guys miss consistently. Evans and Parrish are set for big years, and I would not at all be surprised if Price finds a seat on the bench sooner rather than later, especially after giving up on that deep ball from JP. Price obviously heard the footsteps from the safety on that pass and wanted no part of it. The line looked pretty good on run plays, but pretty average on pass plays I thought. JP looks like he needs to find his timing with the recievers again. I think it is close for him, and once they start actually putting a game plan together and watching film it will happen.

Overall I am so excited to see what Lynch and POZ can do opening day. These two guys are immediately going to become the face of the franchise along with JP and Evans. I think we can expect more big plays from Whitner and Parrish this year. If Jabari Greer doesn't get consideration for that starting job then they must be watching something that I am not. the guy has been nothing but great.

BlackMetalNinja
08-18-2007, 08:04 PM

That should probably read more like In 2 quarters...

jmb1099
08-18-2007, 08:27 PM
That should probably read more like In 2 quarters...
I suppose so. Believe me I am in no way saying the D has arrived, not in any stretch. However, a fair assessment of the first string D would include the fact that they haven't allowed a td yet in 2 quarters, 2 games, 30 minutes, a half turn of the clock, whatever.

TigerJ
08-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm glad the first team defense hasn't been breaking. I just wish they'd bend a little less. The offense is going to need some time of possession in order to score.

kgun12
08-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Powell #91 I thought was very impressive!

patmoran2006
08-19-2007, 03:16 AM
If the first team plays like that over 60 minutes trust me that wont be the case.

mysticsoto
08-19-2007, 06:40 AM
I just finished watching the game so some of this may have been discussed already.

Offense-
The good:
- Lee Evans- wow.
- Parrish is stepping it up - Parrish belongs with the 1st team!!!
-This team is STACKED at RB. Fred Jackson needs to work on his blitz pickup but looks good with the ball in his hands. Lynch's stat line sucked but he had some great plays and showed flashes of good things to come. I know I said this last week, but just cut Shaud already. - My only concern is that Both Fred Jackson and A-Train didn't do well blocking the blitzers. I would like to see more of Wright to see if he can...
-Schouman just might make this team - he did play okay, but again, he missed blocking a blitzer. These guys are going to get JP killed if they don't block better. He's rookie so I'll cut him some slack though.
-Edwards continues to look good.
-No TO's- the entire O is protecting the ball well.

The bad:
-JP is still missing passes
-I know Preston was playing out of position but he SUCKED. Both him and Royal got owned on that Lynch run for the big loss, he had the bad snap, and the penalty. I'm really losing faith in this guy. I'll give Preston partial credit in that I think he is stronger than Fowler and blocked better. His few bad snaps and false starts can be corrected but he'll need more practice. I suspect he can correct those things however, so I'm cutting him some slack, as I thought his blocking was pretty decent.
-Peters played well but had a holding penalty for the second week in a row. Watch out for that. I didn't think Peters had that great a day and I wonder if he's just having a hard time, or if like some veterans, he's just not that into preseason and will play better once the real games begin. I'm hoping for the latter...
- Royal still can't ****ing block. I'm sick of this guy- the scary part is that we don't have anyone better. I didn't really feel any of our TEs were doing good blocking. If they are going to play the H-back position, they need to step it up.
-Our first team O couldn't move the ball against their second team D- that's just scary.

Defense-
The Good:
-Poz is ready for the first team - Agreed.
- Hargrove played well- we're going to miss him the first month, especially with Denney out - :ill:
-Whitner looks great.
-Webster- didn't hear his name called once. That's good- it means they didn't challenge him and he didn't get beat. - Webster did look better.
-They really solidified after the first drive and created some TO's.
-I can't believe I'm saying this, but Wire made a few impressive plays - I told you he was better at LB than S. He was hitting hard!!! Some of those Falcons went home with some serious bruises!
-Greer has earned the nickel spot. - Greer has been very impressive. He almost intercepted one, had a great bat down by sticking his hand out on another - that wasn't even in his coverage area...he's showing good smarts!!!
-Wilson looks at home as a safety. - I was going to come here and start a thread on this, but you've beat me to it. Wilson is starting to look better and better at Safety. That's great b'cse Leonard has been looking like ****. Although he wasn't as lost as last week, one play on STs pretty much summed up his performance. It was the one where they brought it back quite a bit. Leonard had outside contain and when the returner ran by him, we only saw Leonard on the floor. Somebody had leveled him. He is just too tiny to play in the NFL. As a safety, you'd think he'd bulk up like Shaud Williams tried to do. Instead, he's remained his same tiny self and is a liability on the field. Unfortunately, I think he will be one of those guys that I'm screaming to get cut, but won't. :fit:

The bad:
-they got pushed all over the field on the first drive and gave up 50 yards on 12 carries to that no name RB.
-Ellison looks lost. He sucked in coverage.
-McCargo did have a couple good plays, but the DT's were completely ineffectual in the passing game. Tripplett was forced wide on every pass play and they never even got near the QB. McCargo also missed that tackle when Redmon scrambled. What happened to Kyle Williams? He's done nothing in either pre-season game.
-the DE's weren't much better at getting after the QB
-Youboty wasn't awful but wasn't as good as last week.

You know, I've mentioned to you that I'm not particularly fond of the Cover-2 myself. And yet, it does seem to work. The Bills allowed them to drive all the way down and yet though they get all those yards, they just don't get in to score. I really don't know how they do it, but they do it and they deserve credit for that...even though the whole drive they'll have us groaning.

S/T:
-Not as dominant as last week- Moorman struggled a little.
-Leonhard can't return punts - And, he's a liability on stopping team's returns...
-Lindell has really stepped it up.
-Aiken is proving his worth as a gunner
-Overall, still above average and nothing to worry about here.

General comments:
-We actually ran a quick slant! Reed caught it on one of those early drives when we were pinned deep.
-I ****ing hate the draw play on 3rd and 10+. Give it up already.
-I hope no one got those McGahee jerseys altered because Bassey isn't making this team. - Just curious, why do you say that? B'cse of the TD? I don't think he made any significant plays much, but he wasn't a liability out there either. The TD...after looking at it several times, I have to conclude it was not his fault. That WR was not his man, the WR underneath was - someone else lost contain of that WR...I'm thinking Wendling might have been the one who should have been covering him and instead he bit with the fake run play and advanced to the LOS allowing the that guy to come around across the back of the endzone. I think Bassey still qualified to be in the PS, and I'd put him there again and give him a chance.
-Too many penalties during this game. - Agreed. A few of those killed opportunities to score - like McGee's interception and return...
-TO's are great, but we can't count on them. I'd love to see the D shut someone down the traditional way. - Not going to happen. If we can't get TOs we'll likely lose that game - they are relying heavily on them. You can probably put Patriots in that category.

OpIv37
08-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Bassey looked out of position on several plays beyond the touchdown. It's not that he's awful, but we already have McGee, Webster, K. Thomas, Youboty and Greer, with Whitner being able to fill in at nickel. 6 CB's seems like a lot, and all these other guys have outplayed Bassey so far. Is he eligible for practice squad?

mysticsoto
08-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Bassey looked out of position on several plays beyond the touchdown. It's not that he's awful, but we already have McGee, Webster, K. Thomas, Youboty and Greer, with Whitner being able to fill in at nickel. 6 CB's seems like a lot, and all these other guys have outplayed Bassey so far. Is he eligible for practice squad?

I think he does qualify as last year was his 1st year. I'd put him there. I think he still has potential and already seems like he's better than last year. He definitely has the physical attributes but likely needs to continue working on this coverage skills through experience...