Late post-game notes...(fixed by Fat Tony because Op screwed up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Late post-game notes...(fixed by Fat Tony because Op screwed up)

I just finished watching the game so some of this may have been discussed already.

Offense-
    The good:
    - Lee Evans- wow.
    - Parrish is stepping it up
    -This team is STACKED at RB. Fred Jackson needs to work on his blitz pickup but looks good with the ball in his hands. Lynch's stat line sucked but he had some great plays and showed flashes of good things to come. I know I said this last week, but just cut Shaud already.
    -Schouman just might make this team
    -Edwards continues to look good.
    -No TO's- the entire O is protecting the ball well.

The bad:
    -JP is still missing passes
    -I know Preston was playing out of position but he SUCKED. Both him and Royal got owned on that Lynch run for the big loss, he had the bad snap, and the penalty. I'm really losing faith in this guy.
    -Peters played well but had a holding penalty for the second week in a row. Watch out for that.
    - Royal still can't ****ing block. I'm sick of this guy- the scary part is that we don't have anyone better.
    -Our first team O couldn't move the ball against their second team D- that's just scary.

Defense-
    The Good:
    -Poz is ready for the first team
    - Hargrove played well- we're going to miss him the first month, especially with Denney out
    -Whitner looks great.
    -Webster- didn't hear his name called once. That's good- it means they didn't challenge him and he didn't get beat.
    -They really solidified after the first drive and created some TO's.
    -I can't believe I'm saying this, but Wire made a few impressive plays
    -Greer has earned the nickel spot.
    -Wilson looks at home as a safety.

The bad:
    -they got pushed all over the field on the first drive and gave up 50 yards on 12 carries to that no name RB.
    -Ellison looks lost. He sucked in coverage.
    -McCargo did have a couple good plays, but the DT's were completely ineffectual in the passing game. Tripplett was forced wide on every pass play and they never even got near the QB. McCargo also missed that tackle when Redmon scrambled. What happened to Kyle Williams? He's done nothing in either pre-season game.
    -the DE's weren't much better at getting after the QB
    -Youboty wasn't awful but wasn't as good as last week.

S/T:
    -Not as dominant as last week- Moorman struggled a little.
    -Leonhard can't return punts
    -Lindell has really stepped it up.
    -Aiken is proving his worth as a gunner
    -Overall, still above average and nothing to worry about here.

General comments:
    -We actually ran a quick slant! Reed caught it on one of those early drives when we were pinned deep.
    -I ****ing hate the draw play on 3rd and 10+. Give it up already.
    -I hope no one got those McGahee jerseys altered because Bassey isn't making this team.
    -Too many penalties during this game.
    -TO's are great, but we can't count on them. I'd love to see the D shut someone down the traditional way.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Late pregame notes...

oh dammit the title was supposed to be "post game notes", obviously.

mods, please fix. Thanks
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

Don't fix it mods - Op makes mistakes and here's proof.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
        Don't fix it mods - Op makes mistakes and here's proof.
        insightful contribution, as always.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

Thanks for the notes. I appreciate them since I wasn't able to watch the game. Plus, I know you won't be too easy on any player

One thing though...

Nall continues to look good
          I thought Nall didn't play, did you mean Edwards?
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Romes
            Thanks for the notes. I appreciate them since I wasn't able to watch the game. Plus, I know you won't be too easy on any player

One thing though...

I thought Nall didn't play, did you mean Edwards?
            right- thanks.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Fat Tony
              • Sep 2002

Re: Late post-game notes...(fixed by Fat Tony because Op screwed up)

Thread title fixed.....sort of

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

Fat Tony hooked it up Op

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                  • May 2005

Thanks for the notes Op, I to didn't get to see the game, just ESPN highlights. How'd DiGiorgio look?

And as far as Peters and holding, hopefully that'll not be an issue over a full game, but once, maybe twice a game isn't a huge deal. We all know you can be a pro bowl O lineman and hold 5 times a game. (Rueben Brown)

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                    Thanks for the notes Op, I to didn't get to see the game, just ESPN highlights. How'd DiGiorgio look?

And as far as Peters and holding, hopefully that'll not be an issue over a full game, but once, maybe twice a game isn't a huge deal. We all know you can be a pro bowl O lineman and hold 5 times a game. (Rueben Brown)
                    DiGiorgio mostly played with the 2nd team. He made a few plays- nothing spectacular but he wasn't bad either.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Thanks for the notes, Op.

Comment

• jmb1099
                        • Sep 2004

In two games of play the first team defense has given up exactly 0 touch downs.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
                          In two games of play the first team defense has given up exactly 0 touch downs.
                          Come one, that's just a little deceiving. Don't you think?

Comment

• jmb1099
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Come one, that's just a little deceiving. Don't you think?
                            You tell me.
                            They stopped SD's first team O and held Atalanta on 3rd and goal and fourth and goal. Atlanta could have had the fg, I'll give you that, but they we're stopped on 3rd down as well. I'm not saying our d is great, but its a valid, actual stat

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                              • Aug 2005

The D looked stellar last night after the first four or five plays. POZ is the REAL DEAL! that kid is going to be an instant fan favorite. Whitner was layin some hits that I had hoped to see last year but didn't. It will only get better once Crowell gets back in there. McCargo was slow at best getting off the ball but he was getting a good push more times than not. Tripplett? that guy has been a real disappointment. How is Jabari Greer not being considered for the starting corner job? He just makes play after play. I am pretty satisfied with the D right now aside from the DT position with the exception of Kyle Williams.

The O not so stellar. Lynch looked lioke a breathe of fresh air after watching McGahee dance in the backfield and not hit the hole. He moved the pile and dragged guys with him as well as ,aking guys miss consistently. Evans and Parrish are set for big years, and I would not at all be surprised if Price finds a seat on the bench sooner rather than later, especially after giving up on that deep ball from JP. Price obviously heard the footsteps from the safety on that pass and wanted no part of it. The line looked pretty good on run plays, but pretty average on pass plays I thought. JP looks like he needs to find his timing with the recievers again. I think it is close for him, and once they start actually putting a game plan together and watching film it will happen.

Overall I am so excited to see what Lynch and POZ can do opening day. These two guys are immediately going to become the face of the franchise along with JP and Evans. I think we can expect more big plays from Whitner and Parrish this year. If Jabari Greer doesn't get consideration for that starting job then they must be watching something that I am not. the guy has been nothing but great.
                              SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X