PDA

View Full Version : The Game Is On

Typ0
08-18-2007, 07:40 PM
The offense looks somewhat functional...but what the heck is Peerless Price doing on this team and how much are we paying him again?

jmb1099
08-18-2007, 07:48 PM
The offense looks somewhat functional...but what the heck is Peerless Price doing on this team and how much are we paying him again?
Exactly what I thought last night.

Goobylal
08-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Again, the problems with the offense were Preston, penalties, Price, and poor conditions (wind).

BidsJr
08-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Exactly what I thought last night.

My wife and I were so pissed when he showed no effort at all on that bomb by JP...

Then just smiled his way back to the huddle.

jmb1099
08-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Where were you guys last night?

Typ0
08-18-2007, 08:10 PM
that was a really nice play Coy Wire made in the middle.

jmb1099
08-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Coy had a very decent game last night.

hammerbillsfan
08-18-2007, 08:38 PM
damn i was wasted :boozer:

Typ0
08-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Peerless is not helping us.

Meathead
08-18-2007, 08:42 PM
what was wrong with how price played? he was wide open for a td and losman threw the ball short

granted i think they overpaid for his production but its not like hes horrible. in fact i thought he did pretty well last season in transitioning from just a perimeter/long ball guy to catching balls in the shorter routes and taking hits. i even saw him block!

plus dont forget hes platooning with reed on the outside so hes not exactly a true #2. its not his fault they gave him a little too much money

HiHat31
08-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Agree about Price. Not only should he have shown more effort on that deep ball, late in the 2nd he dropped a PERFECT pass from JP. It's on the play where there was questionable pass interference. It may/may not have been int., but regardless, JP hit him right in the chest - and he dropped it.

BTW, I actually I think JP looked pretty good. After watching the first half now, he looked poised in the pocket and threw confident passes. It SOUNDED worse last night than it looked tonight. He was just off a couple times, and his receivers didn't help him (Price.)

And the O-line line didn't look bad either. Except for Duke's mistakes, they gave good pass pro, and opened some holes.

The D was pretty solid. I feel better.

GO BILLS!

duhbilz
08-18-2007, 08:45 PM

Careful, you might get accused of not being a Bill fan by justacrybaby!!

Typ0
08-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Careful, you might get accused of not being a Bill fan by justacrybaby!!

he doesn't scare me.

jmb1099
what was wrong with how price played? he was wide open for a td and losman threw the ball short

granted i think they overpaid for his production but its not like hes horrible. in fact i thought he did pretty well last season in transitioning from just a perimeter/long ball guy to catching balls in the shorter routes and taking hits. i even saw him block!

plus dont forget hes platooning with reed on the outside so hes not exactly a true #2. its not his fault they gave him a little too much money
For me it isn't the issue of the money. Seems to be a serious lack of effort and I hate lack of effort. Yes its only preseason, yes the ball was short, but with some effort the play could have been made.

Typ0

you hit the nail on the head...he's being paid too much.

Meathead
08-18-2007, 08:48 PM
yer crazy about the ball to peerless in the 2nd he had no chance to get that ball it was in the dirt big time

about the drop i cant seem to recall that one even though i just watched the game lol

duhbilz
08-18-2007, 08:50 PM
he doesn't scare me.

Doesn't scare me either, just stating a fact.

jmb1099
08-18-2007, 09:03 PM
yer crazy about the ball to peerless in the 2nd he had no chance to get that ball it was in the dirt big time

about the drop i cant seem to recall that one even though i just watched the game lol
No argument it should have been thrown better, but no effort on his part. I really want to see him succeed, I'm just not sure he wants to succeed as badly as we all want him to.

ZacGriffi~82
08-18-2007, 09:06 PM
he could have caught that. it was a duck but completely catachable.

Typ0
08-18-2007, 09:10 PM

I made comments in this thread about both of those plays. The peerless is not helping us comment was on the one that he dropped on the questionable pass interference. He should have caught that ball.

Typ0
08-18-2007, 09:12 PM
that was a big time heads up INT by Hargrove. You don't see those guys make those plays often. But ATL has been trying to give the ball away this whole game anyway.

Meathead
08-18-2007, 09:13 PM
well i respect your opinion but i really dont think he had a chance in hell to catch that ball no matter how hard he might have tried. it looked a good six to eight yards away from him in the dirt to me

Meathead
08-18-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah fantastic read by hargrove. too bad hes a dumbass ghetto punk, or hopefully was and has learned his lesson finally

Typ0
08-18-2007, 09:14 PM
well i respect your opinion but i really dont think he had a chance in hell to catch that ball no matter how hard he might have tried. it looked a good six to eight yards away from him in the dirt to me

the ball I'm talking about fell out of his hands.

Typ0
08-18-2007, 09:15 PM
yeah fantastic read by hargrove. too bad hes a dumbass ghetto punk, or hopefully was and has learned his lesson finally

I don't know if it was a good read or he was just lucky to be in that place...but he adjusted and caught the ball.

Goobylal
08-18-2007, 09:46 PM
The wind knocked the ball down, but Price still could have caught it.

Oaf
08-19-2007, 12:33 AM

Agreed.