PDA

View Full Version : Green's arm strength becoming a question:

HHURRICANE
08-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Green's arm strength becoming a question: Quarterback Trent Green's inconsistency, especially on downfield throws, has become routine. On Saturday, Green was behind his receivers on some passes and low on some others. The 14-year veteran ended practice with two throws never expected from a QB making several million dollars this season. He rolled right and threw a wobbly pass back to the middle of the wield that landed short of Az Hakim and, on the final play of the day, Green threw a short pass in the flat to Ronnie Brown that bounced before it got there.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/08/19/a10b_finsrail_0819.html

Cleo Lemon was aggressive and accurate during a 7-on-7 passing drill Saturday, after averaging 4.7 yards per attempt at Kansas City. Lemon opted for a lot of check downs and swing passes against the Chiefs. On Saturday, he hit all four long throws in one series of 7-on-7, throwing down the middle of the field and into the back of the end zone to outperform Trent Green and John Beck.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Green's arm strength becoming a question: Quarterback Trent Green's inconsistency, especially on downfield throws, has become routine. On Saturday, Green was behind his receivers on some passes and low on some others. The 14-year veteran ended practice with two throws never expected from a QB making several million dollars this season. He rolled right and threw a wobbly pass back to the middle of the wield that landed short of Az Hakim and, on the final play of the day, Green threw a short pass in the flat to Ronnie Brown that bounced before it got there.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/08/19/a10b_finsrail_0819.html

Cleo Lemon was aggressive and accurate during a 7-on-7 passing drill Saturday, after averaging 4.7 yards per attempt at Kansas City. Lemon opted for a lot of check downs and swing passes against the Chiefs. On Saturday, he hit all four long throws in one series of 7-on-7, throwing down the middle of the field and into the back of the end zone to outperform Trent Green and John Beck.

:yawn:

Earthquake Enyart
08-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Meadowlark seems to be winning the job.

Goobylal
08-19-2007, 10:53 AM
By default.

Philagape
08-19-2007, 11:00 AM
becoming??

Earthquake Enyart
08-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Boy, I can't get enough Miami Dolphin football.

DraftBoy
08-19-2007, 11:28 AM
No surprise here really, I dont think many Dolphin fans thought that they were getting a strong armed QB when they made this deal.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Boy, I can't get enough Miami Dolphin football.

The weaker our opposition the better for us.

HAMMER
08-19-2007, 11:58 AM
The coaches in San Diego were pretty high on Lemon before AJ Smith traded him away. I have a feeling Lemon will be Cameron's guy sooner than later.

PECKERWOOD
08-19-2007, 12:01 PM
So that's why the Chiefs traded him away.

MiamiFins854
08-19-2007, 12:05 PM
what downfield throws? he went 4/7. 2 passes dropped and one behind a receiver. no downfield throws were made past 15 yards besides the pass over the middle to david martin, so you cannot assume that his downfield arm strength is poor, because he hasn't proven that it is or isn't yet.

Earthquake Enyart
08-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Tell me more. I want to hear all about Trent Green and Meadowlark Lemon.

PECKERWOOD
08-19-2007, 12:10 PM
How many of you are Lemon heads?

Earthquake Enyart
08-19-2007, 12:12 PM
How many of you are Lemon heads?
Nice. :hi5:

!Papacrunk!
08-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Well I guess we're lucky to have Green's QB coach from KC in Terry Shea and a HC who has been able to get the most out of his QBs and play to their strengths in the past.

On the upside Beck's accuracy has been on the deep ball. experience in the pro's is his enemy right now for the rookie. Wow it's been a LONG time since I could talk about a Miami QB having accuracy on a deep ball.