PDA

View Full Version : I'm not one bit worried about this season!

lordofgun
08-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Why would I worry about something I can't control? Maybe if some doctors release a clinical study that shows high blood pressure is actually great for my heart, I'll start to worry.

I'm just going to be a fan and watch! I'm not going to let a loss ruin my day, week, marriage, or children. I'm not going to strike my wife after a crushing loss. I'm not going to dissect every game film. In fact, I'll only watch every game once unless something amazing happens.

But I sure as heck am not going to watch a game a second time to break down the O-line, see if WRs are getting open, or count exactly how happy JP's feet are. That's a coach's job, not mine. I'm just going to cheer like crazy and hope for a Super Bowl. Because in this game, there's always a chance for your team to go to the big game any year.

I won't accept mediocrity, but I also won't stop being a fan because God forbid someone might move the Bills to Toronto in 2070. Being a Bills fan is all about riding the roller coaster. Sure, the ride has been pretty low for awhile, but it will only make it that much sweeter when we start climbing the hill.

I'll still never drink out of a bowling ball though. :ill:

Ebenezer
08-19-2007, 04:56 PM
:goodpost:

And I agree. I won't drink from a bowling ball, either.

hammerbillsfan
08-19-2007, 04:57 PM
i did on friday :ill:

lordofgun
08-19-2007, 04:58 PM
i did on friday :ill:
:ill::puke:

hammerbillsfan
08-19-2007, 05:07 PM
:ill::puke:

trust me, i payed for it during the game :ill:

cocamide
08-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Good post. I'm hoping we finally start winning those close nail-biters, and that we can start upsetting some teams that are supposed to crush us. Let's beat the Patsies at least once this year and sweep the Fins and Jets

shelby
08-19-2007, 05:15 PM
i hate to publicly admit this, but log is brilliant.

:hail:

hydro
08-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself!

X-Era
08-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Why would I worry about something I can't control? Maybe if some doctors release a clinical study that shows high blood pressure is actually great for my heart, I'll start to worry.

I'm just going to be a fan and watch! I'm not going to let a loss ruin my day, week, marriage, or children. I'm not going to strike my wife after a crushing loss. I'm not going to dissect every game film. In fact, I'll only watch every game once unless something amazing happens.

But I sure as heck am not going to watch a game a second time to break down the O-line, see if WRs are getting open, or count exactly how happy JP's feet are. That's a coach's job, not mine. I'm just going to cheer like crazy and hope for a Super Bowl. Because in this game, there's always a chance for your team to go to the big game any year.

I won't accept mediocrity, but I also won't stop being a fan because God forbid someone might move the Bills to Toronto in 2070. Being a Bills fan is all about riding the roller coaster. Sure, the ride has been pretty low for awhile, but it will only make it that much sweeter when we start climbing the hill.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Wys Guy
08-19-2007, 06:02 PM
And you call yourself a fan.

No one's a true fan until they expose themselves to Hepatitis B that way!

:D

im4bflo
08-19-2007, 06:56 PM
You've got to use your arms, and keep your lips off the ball, and just pour that nasty stuff into your mouth. Then you can say you did it, and you don't have to do it again. :up:

G. Host
08-19-2007, 07:16 PM

Some people enjoy worry, *****ing, looking for the black lining in every silver cloud, etc. Of course some people enjoy animal cruelty, sadistism, S&M, and necrophilia so just because they enjoy does not mean everyone needs to hear about it.

Wys Guy
08-19-2007, 11:51 PM
Some people enjoy worry, *****ing, looking for the black lining in every silver cloud, etc. Of course some people enjoy animal cruelty, sadistism, S&M, and necrophilia so just because they enjoy does not mean everyone needs to hear about it.

LOL The people that "*****" the most are those that order the others to back the team, allow a half-a-decade to prove some competence in managing the team, and incessantly see illusional bouquets of roses blooming from cow pies, then at the end of the season behave for months as if it did ruin their lives. LMAO

They can't face reality in these ways. Discussing football as an activity is a little different than allowing it to ruin one's life. LOL

Anyone notice how light the MBs are this season on Bills' boards? There's a reason for that. Most people don't let it ruin their lives, marriages, days, weeks, etc. They just don't waste their time watching.

I mean come on now, let's be real, who truly enjoys watching us get our butts handed to us in the fundamentals every week, win or lose, whether live at the game or on TV, HiDef or not? If that's all it's going to be I'd just rather get some work done.

The Bills are a highly unenjoyable team these days. I'll say it now, that if they regress, interest will be at all-time lows next season.

Frankly I think it's tremendously sad. Sad that Wilson's allowed such a great fan base to end up being terminally disappointed to the extent to which the fans have thrown their hands up into the air and said "screw it!"

I agree with LOG. If you want to be a fan and watch, fine, do. I'm a tremendous fan, but I have better things to do than to watch the obvious results of ineptitude, self-imposed ignorance, negligence, and flat out sophmoristry turn out team into something that is utterly unappealing to the visual senses and reason.

Ergo, just as with so many other fans thinking similarly, I probably won't watch nearly all the games for the first time in who knows how many years. I quit reviewing tapes midway through last season to break those down. IMO fan sites have value in terms of fans sending messages to the organization. But our organization is too dumb to know how to produce even an average team let alone a winning one, and too proud to take any advice, either from the fans or from far more successful people that have graced the NFL, both by-the-way harboring equal views on what it takes to build a winner.

Very few people let it ruin their lives. The ones that it does I've noticed are the same ones that most adamantly and arduously insist that the team is on the right track, that we for some unexplained reason "owe those that manage the team" more time to continue to screw things up, and those with such ridiculous expectations on how well our team will do that it's laughable, truly laughable, amusing, and entertaining.

Everyone here knows who they are. Watch, it'll happen again this season.

As for me, and undoubtedly many others, our expectations are so low that there's no need to even make qualifying statements as to "don't worry, be happy." We know what's coming, and we have planned for it.

As to 2070 the team moving, LOL, after this season the talk of it moving will accelerate infinitely due to further lack of attendance late in the season. That's what Wilson and his merry band of cronies will have earned for all of their "hard work."

As for me, I fully plan on enjoying my football season watching the WVU Mountaineers. If I'm going to shell out time and cash for football, it's not going to be for what Wilson and his Bills are trying to spoon feed us.

If Wilson wants the fans interests, then he owes us his best. If this is his best, then the man's either dense or simply too old to function well in his role as owner or a combination of both.

I'm a fan of this team, not a team subsidy! If Wilson wants my interest, both financial as well at time, then he's going to have to do quite a bit better than the swill that's he's dished up over the years outside of Polian's involvement. Clearly I'm not in a minority there as many fans in the region have thrown their hands into the air and said the same things.

These people, from Wilson down to GM (Levy) to Head Coach (Jauron) to all the Asst. Coaches, to all the players all get paid very handsomely, to the tune that if they manage their money well, that after half a decade if they never want to work again it should be fully possible.

They owe us, we owe them nothing. We especially owe them nothing if they continue to provide what they have, frustrating Sunday afternoons with long drives back to our homes whereever they may be, and drives full of regrets of wasted time and money.

Taking the Bills too seriously? Hardly. But if they're not serious about putting a winner on the field, as LOG says, ...

...Why would I worry about something I can't control?

Why would I pay for something that I don't even want!

mchurchfie
08-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Ralph screwed up when he let Polian go.

Wys Guy
08-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Ralph screwed up when he let Polian go.
Yeah, well that's a foregone conclusion. He also screwed up by hiring Marv and Donadope too, who then hired strings of losers all around otherwise.

The whole thing's just ugly. I mean honestly, if Wilson had wanted to write a better script for selling his team to someone that would move it all the while making it "look good," he couldn't have done a better job.

R. Rich
08-20-2007, 12:59 PM
LOL The people that "*****" the most are those that order the others to back the team, allow a half-a-decade to prove some competence in managing the team, and incessantly see illusional bouquets of roses blooming from cow pies, then at the end of the season behave for months as if it did ruin their lives. LMAO

They can't face reality in these ways. Discussing football as an activity is a little different than allowing it to ruin one's life. LOL

Anyone notice how light the MBs are this season on Bills' boards? There's a reason for that. Most people don't let it ruin their lives, marriages, days, weeks, etc. They just don't waste their time watching.

I mean come on now, let's be real, who truly enjoys watching us get our butts handed to us in the fundamentals every week, win or lose, whether live at the game or on TV, HiDef or not? If that's all it's going to be I'd just rather get some work done.

The Bills are a highly unenjoyable team these days. I'll say it now, that if they regress, interest will be at all-time lows next season.

Frankly I think it's tremendously sad. Sad that Wilson's allowed such a great fan base to end up being terminally disappointed to the extent to which the fans have thrown their hands up into the air and said "screw it!"

I agree with LOG. If you want to be a fan and watch, fine, do. I'm a tremendous fan, but I have better things to do than to watch the obvious results of ineptitude, self-imposed ignorance, negligence, and flat out sophmoristry turn out team into something that is utterly unappealing to the visual senses and reason.

Ergo, just as with so many other fans thinking similarly, I probably won't watch nearly all the games for the first time in who knows how many years. I quit reviewing tapes midway through last season to break those down. IMO fan sites have value in terms of fans sending messages to the organization. But our organization is too dumb to know how to produce even an average team let alone a winning one, and too proud to take any advice, either from the fans or from far more successful people that have graced the NFL, both by-the-way harboring equal views on what it takes to build a winner.

Very few people let it ruin their lives. The ones that it does I've noticed are the same ones that most adamantly and arduously insist that the team is on the right track, that we for some unexplained reason "owe those that manage the team" more time to continue to screw things up, and those with such ridiculous expectations on how well our team will do that it's laughable, truly laughable, amusing, and entertaining.

Everyone here knows who they are. Watch, it'll happen again this season.

As for me, and undoubtedly many others, our expectations are so low that there's no need to even make qualifying statements as to "don't worry, be happy." We know what's coming, and we have planned for it.

As to 2070 the team moving, LOL, after this season the talk of it moving will accelerate infinitely due to further lack of attendance late in the season. That's what Wilson and his merry band of cronies will have earned for all of their "hard work."

As for me, I fully plan on enjoying my football season watching the WVU Mountaineers. If I'm going to shell out time and cash for football, it's not going to be for what Wilson and his Bills are trying to spoon feed us.

If Wilson wants the fans interests, then he owes us his best. If this is his best, then the man's either dense or simply too old to function well in his role as owner or a combination of both.

I'm a fan of this team, not a team subsidy! If Wilson wants my interest, both financial as well at time, then he's going to have to do quite a bit better than the swill that's he's dished up over the years outside of Polian's involvement. Clearly I'm not in a minority there as many fans in the region have thrown their hands into the air and said the same things.

These people, from Wilson down to GM (Levy) to Head Coach (Jauron) to all the Asst. Coaches, to all the players all get paid very handsomely, to the tune that if they manage their money well, that after half a decade if they never want to work again it should be fully possible.

They owe us, we owe them nothing. We especially owe them nothing if they continue to provide what they have, frustrating Sunday afternoons with long drives back to our homes whereever they may be, and drives full of regrets of wasted time and money.

Taking the Bills too seriously? Hardly. But if they're not serious about putting a winner on the field, as LOG says, ...

...Why would I worry about something I can't control?

Why would I pay for something that I don't even want!

Here's the Cliffs Notes for those of you who have kids and don't want to miss them graduating from college while reading the ultra extended director's cut special edition of Mark's post:

I love the Bills, and I will be @ each game in my Bills outfit, holding my Bills banner high w/ pride (no, not you Joshua!) and proclaimaing my love for all things Bills, even in the past (like my favorite all time coaches: Mike Mularkey and Kevin Gilbride).

Go Bills!!