• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Brady Quinn looked good last night

I think Miami will live to regret not taking this guy for years to come.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • duhbilz
    S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
    • Jul 2007

Re: Brady Quinn looked good last night

If he turns out to be special there were many teams to pass on him including the Bills. But honestly since when does anyone prove anything in the second half of a preseason game, against the Lions no less?

Comment

• finfan34
      • Oct 2005

did you watch the game? i didnt think so.....the lions had a huge lead, and they were playing a prevent defense, he didnt play bad, but id like to see him against a 1st or 2nd team defense, and actually not be behind by 20 pts, in the 4th quarter
      WARNING: THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WATCH ONE TOO MANY GAMES IN BUFFALO!

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

raiders

fins

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• theanswer74
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          Sort of like how we will regret not taking Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart?

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

He looked good, checked down well, and threw accurately. There was alot more to take away from last night then just his stats, just because he played third stringers and was way down doesnt mean you can completely discount his positives.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by theanswer74
              Sort of like how we will regret not taking Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart?
              Why would we regret it? We have to give the player that we already drafted a shot, if not, what is the point of even drafting 'x' player at all?

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i thought he looked good to.. but the only thing he really did was throw dump passes to the running back against a defense that was sitting back at the end of a game. i could have made all but about 3 of his throws..
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Been saying this for awhile. It's funny though how fin fans and other cowards on this site busted my chops for that opinion but it still stands. And with the 9th overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select... Ted Ginn Jr.!! I think the 10 minutes of constant booing explained perfectly how Miami fans TRULY felt after selecting Jr.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i thought he looked good to.. but the only thing he really did was throw dump passes to the running back against a defense that was sitting back at the end of a game. i could have made all but about 3 of his throws..

Agreed none of the throws were spectacular but his pocket presence, feet placement, vision, check downs, touch, and mechanics all looked very good, plus he got two scores. He looked better than Frye or Andersen this preseason.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                      Been saying this for awhile. It's funny though how fin fans and other cowards on this site busted my chops for that opinion but it still stands. And with the 9th overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select... Ted Ginn Jr.!! I think the 10 minutes of constant booing explained perfectly how Miami fans TRULY felt after selecting Jr.

Whose busting your chops, Ive bashed this pick as the worst one of this past draft, nobody gives me crap about it, well except FTP, but he's our special friend.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Agreed none of the throws were spectacular but his pocket presence, feet placement, vision, check downs, touch, and mechanics all looked very good, plus he got two scores. He looked better than Frye or Andersen this preseason.
                        As he should with being A. more highly touted B. playing against a weak defensive teams' 3rd and 4th stringers and C. It's easy to look good dumping off underneath and making the RBs do all the work when the D is in prevent mode.

Only one play impressed me that BQ pulled off. The scramble and then sideline bullet for the first TD. Outside of that play, Frye or DA would have done the same.

Hell, Ken Dorsey lit the Lions up on his only series in the 4th quarter.

Also, looking much better than Frye or DA. So should Dorsey be the starter?

I still hate Brady Quinn btw.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Whose busting your chops, Ive bashed this pick as the worst one of this past draft, nobody gives me crap about it, well except FTP, but he's our special friend.
                          haha

I don't remember who.. Other than it was mostly Miami fans but even some regulars here were giving me a hard time. I remember I was the only person defending Quinn, that much I remember. It wasn't the Miami fans that were pissing me off, it was the Bills fans. If your a Bills fan, your suppose to rub in every move that Miami does, especially if it's a good one. Hatred must be blind!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            As he should with being A. more highly touted B. playing against a weak defensive teams' 3rd and 4th stringers and C. It's easy to look good dumping off underneath and making the RBs do all the work when the D is in prevent mode.

Only one play impressed me that BQ pulled off. The scramble and then sideline bullet for the first TD. Outside of that play, Frye or DA would have done the same.

Hell, Ken Dorsey lit the Lions up on his only series in the 4th quarter.

Also, looking much better than Frye or DA. So should Dorsey be the starter?

I still hate Brady Quinn btw.

Im well aware of your dislike for him but all the things I mentioned are things that are not effected by the level of competition he is playing against. His throws are what they are dumpoffs.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

Beck has looked good too so what's your point. Neither was playing against starters

Comment

Working...
                              X