PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Vic Carruci

patmoran2006
08-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Points touched on.

* Loves Marshawn Lynch, said he's special with a combination of strength, burst and speed and will live up to all the expectations the team is setting for him and more.

* Isnt worried about the offense at all right now. he said they are running a very "vanilla" and bland offense during preseason and that once the season starts the playbook will be open significantly more. (For the record, I totally disagree with this. Im completely not sold on the offensive line or the receivers other than Evans, but whatever)

* touched on Hargrove looking very good so far against second stringers and how his suspension is a blow. Also said Denney was a huge blow (obviously) and its very possible his replacement is currently playing on another team that we'll pick up after cuts are made. Basically, that the DE situation is the only spot where he didnt speak in a positive manner.

* The player on the team he is MOST IMPRESSED with so far is quarterback Trent Edwards. He said he already has poise and makes the reads of a veteran player.

Earthquake Enyart
08-20-2007, 08:50 AM
How's Vic's hair looking these days?

patmoran2006
08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
sassy

jmb1099
08-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks for sharing Pat.
The offense obviously has to iron out some bugs, but it has been very vanilla up to this point.

Earthquake Enyart
08-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Tell Vic to shave his head.

the combover looks horrible. If he shaved his head, he'd look mean.

historypete
08-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I agree with his take on the offense being vanilla. I've watched it almost everyday and it is the same 15-20 plays. They rarely go deep during practice from what I've been able to tell. For some reason Fairchild is playing it very close to the vest. The WR's are not a huge concern to me, but I don't think Peerless shoud be here anymore. I would actually like to see Roscoe line up as the #2, but he is so small I don't think he would last.

Philagape
08-20-2007, 11:51 AM
When camp breaks and practices are closed, that's when they'll start really practicing.

RedEyE
08-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I respect Vic but man you have to read his pieces on Buffalo from the perspective that the guy regularly types on this board.

He's a homer at heart and his criticism as one that tends to be more like clouded fanaticism.

Earthquake Enyart
08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Did you ask Vic the softball questions to get the softball answers, or did you just cut and paste from somewhere?

Do you have Vic's phone number?

TigerJ
08-20-2007, 12:36 PM
The offense has certainly been vanilla. I think the problem in the Falcons game was penalties as much as it was being vanilla. Penalties mmade it impossible to develop continuity and momentum. However, I think they can fix the penalties more easily than some things.

Ickybaluky
08-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Aren't the defenses pretty vanilla now as well? One would think that the defenses are going to expand the playbook as well once the season starts.

You can't judge crap from preseason. You just can't draw any conclusions based on what is happening.

One plus for Buffalo, IMO, is that this is the second year with the same regime. Continuity should pay some dividends.

HHURRICANE
08-20-2007, 02:06 PM
* The player on the team he is MOST IMPRESSED with so far is quarterback Trent Edwards. He said he already has poise and makes the reads of a veteran player.

Marv told him to say that. Plus Carucci spent so much time rolling JP under the bus that he can't go back.