Do you guys actually think Jauron can get it done???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beantown_Pat
    • May 2007

Do you guys actually think Jauron can get it done???

Hi Bills fans, I have posted here a number of times and am a Patriots fans. I am just curious how confident you are in Coach Jauron?

To me, and other Pat fans he seems like an inept coach. His overall record isnt that impressive and is rather poor IMO. He had that one fluke season with the Bears and got destroyed in the playoffs.

Personally, I think you guys can do better.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Re: Do you guys actually think Jauron can get it done???

such as?

i have faith in Jauron. The fact that he doesn't wear a hoodie is a definite plus.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      • May 2004

No.
      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Hey, tell me more about the Patriots.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beantown_Pat
          Hi Bills fans, I have posted here a number of times and am a Patriots fans. I am just curious how confident you are in Coach Jauron?

To me, and other Pat fans he seems like an inept coach. His overall record isnt that impressive and is rather poor IMO. He had that one fluke season with the Bears and got destroyed in the playoffs.

Personally, I think you guys can do better.
          I have never been a fan of the Jauron hiring. I agree on his record in Chicago- it's spotty at best- and he's known as being a defensive coach despite the fact that he's never had a D ranked in the top 10 in the league. A good friend of mine is a Bears fan and when I told him we hired Jauron, his response was "Oh God" while rolling his eyes. That about sums it up.

So far, here's what I like about him: he seems to have the team ready for every game. The team comes out prepared and ready to play, and with the exception of Chicago last year, does not get intimidated by superior opponents.

Here's what I hate about him: his in game decisions are crap. He has no idea how to use a time out and we're frequently out of them when we need them the most. He doesn't make good adjustments and when his initial game plan doesn't work, he can't get past it.

Long story short, Jauron seems like a good coach except on Sunday afternoons when it counts the most.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• blackonyx89
            HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I have never been a fan of the Jauron hiring. I agree on his record in Chicago- it's spotty at best- and he's known as being a defensive coach despite the fact that he's never had a D ranked in the top 10 in the league. A good friend of mine is a Bears fan and when I told him we hired Jauron, his response was "Oh God" while rolling his eyes. That about sums it up.

So far, here's what I like about him: he seems to have the team ready for every game. The team comes out prepared and ready to play, and with the exception of Chicago last year, does not get intimidated by superior opponents.

Here's what I hate about him: his in game decisions are crap. He has no idea how to use a time out and we're frequently out of them when we need them the most. He doesn't make good adjustments and when his initial game plan doesn't work, he can't get past it.

Long story short, Jauron seems like a good coach except on Sunday afternoons when it counts the most.
            Ouch!
            Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

I think he's solid and is professional. I think he relies on his coordinators more than most other HC's.

I think he's ok.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

Serious question... who would you be happy with?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                  Serious question... who would you be happy with?
                  I'd have to think about who was available that year, but Charlie Wies and maybe Marvin Lewis come immediately to mind (the Bengals have been much better than us, but they're also a bunch of thugs, hence the hesitation).

As usual, the Bills got the equasion half right. After two failed experiments with rookies, they found someone with HC experience. Unfortunately, it wasn't particularly successful HC experience.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

As we all know, Belichick did such a wonderful job in his first HC stint..

Sorry, don't mean to sound angry, I've just heard the 'fluke' 13-3 season thing one too many times.. and obviously you're not too well versed on Jauron's tenure in Chicago, other than his W-L record of course.. in reality it had more to do with politics than anything else. Google Jauron and Jerry Angelo and you'll probably come up with some answers.

I don't pretend to know how Jauron's legacy will turn out with the Bills, but we could have done a LOT worse.. HC is the least of the Bills problems.. The players respect the guy (as they did wherever he's coached) and play their hearts out for him.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
                      As we all know, Belichick did such a wonderful job in his first HC stint..

Sorry, don't mean to sound angry, I've just heard the 'fluke' 13-3 season thing one too many times.. and obviously you're not too well versed on Jauron's tenure in Chicago, other than his W-L record of course.. in reality it had more to do with politics than anything else. Google Jauron and Jerry Angelo and you'll probably come up with some answers.

I don't pretend to know how Jauron's legacy will turn out with the Bills, but we could have done a LOT worse.. HC is the least of the Bills problems.. The players respect the guy (as they did wherever he's coached) and play their hearts out for him.
                      In BZ tradition, using the exception as the rule. Mike Mularkey did bad in his first HC stint- should be bring him back? What about David Shula? Just because Belicheck did it does NOT prove anything about Jauron.

The problem with HC is that if you get it wrong and have to change, it's a major ordeal and it causes turmoil for the whole team, and usually comes with another long learning curve. It's not like getting an offensive guard who isn't very good and can be replaced in the next off-season.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

The point is Op, under your thinking, Belicheck would have never gotten a chance. You'd have wrote him off after a bad stint with a bad team before he ever got another chance.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

In BZ tradition, using the exception as the rule. Mike Mularkey did bad in his first HC stint- should be bring him back? What about David Shula? Just because Belicheck did it does NOT prove anything about Jauron.

The problem with HC is that if you get it wrong and have to change, it's a major ordeal and it causes turmoil for the whole team, and usually comes with another long learning curve. It's not like getting an offensive guard who isn't very good and can be replaced in the next off-season.

Yes, and in grand Op tradition, the sky is always falling, the end is always near...

Look, I'm not comparing Jauron to Belichick, I simply pointed out a fact.. Jauron will never be a Belichick - there aren't many coaches that ever will be - that doesn't preclude the possibility of Jauron being an excellent coach and winning a lot of games with this team.

And again, I suggest anyone not overly familiar with the situation, to read about what went on behind the scenes when Jauron was in Chicago.. I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, he was still the HC and still responsible for his team no matter what cards he was dealt - but it suffices to say, he wasn't exactly put in the best position to succeed once Angelo came on board.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by shelby
                            such as?

i have faith in Jauron. The fact that he doesn't wear a hoodie is a definite plus.

I do too and I don't think that season was a fluke but more of a testament to how his style brings the best out of players causing even average players to overachieve in the most crucial of times.

Jauron, however, led the greatest turnaround in team history during his third season. Chicago finished 13-3 in an incredible 2001 campaign where the team went 8-0 in games decided by seven points or less, including back-to-back overtime victories. Jauron became the third coach in team history (George Halas, Mike Ditka) to record at least 13 wins in a season and was named the 2001 AP Coach of the Year.
                            He prepares his team very well and makes sure the best players on the field. His team always has respect for him and his players go all out on game day. He also doesn't fall into the trap of micromanaging, trusting his staff is competent enough to get the job done.

The Bears GM, Angelo, wanted his own coach when he took over and had it out for Jauron from the start. In fact, he wanted to fire Jauron that "one fluke season" but knew he couldn't fire the AP COY. His team even rallied after two injury plagued seasons to save their coach's job to no avail.

People(especially Bills fans) seem to forget that he was responsible for building the foundation of what the Bears defense is today.

But armed with a swarming defense yielding only 10.75 points and 87 yards rushing per game, Dick Jauron's 3-1 Bears have begun to turn heads around the NFL, and are instilling a reborn swagger inside the confines of Halas Hall not seen since the glory years of the 1980s.
                            It's way to early to cast down judgment on the guy considering we are only in the 2nd year of the "3 year rule" for implementing new offensive and defensive schemes. It also may be too early to designate JP a franchise QB but it would also be the first time in Jauron's coaching career he had a player even closely remote to that status.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

I ham happier with a pro like Jauron than a first time HC who was a coordinator.

Comment

Working...
                              X