PDA

View Full Version : Peter King has Mancrush on Wire

patmoran2006
08-20-2007, 09:15 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/08/19/mmqb/4.html

Most impressive player on the field in Falcons-Bills on Friday night: Coy Wire. Funny to see a linebacker wearing number 27, but Wire still wears the number he had as a Buffalo safety. Making the transition to outside linebacker, his old position at Stanford, Wire had a terrific game. On two straight plays, the wiry Wire, all 220 pounds of him, stuffed a 232-pound back, Jason Snelling, for no gain, then knocked the stuffing out of Snelling immediately after he caught a short pass, causing a fumble that was recovered by John McCargo. "He's not a giant, so he's compact and packs a punch,'' Bills coach Jauron said. That's putting it mildly. In that defense, if he gets a chance, Wire might turn into Sam Mills.

b. Paul Posluszny: 12 solo tackles in three-plus quarters at middle linebacker

JoeMama
08-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Coy Wire is one of those good "team guys" to have around.

He's solid on special teams. He's an adequate backup; apparently even at linebacker.

It's not bad to have a player fashioned after Mark Pike or Steve Tasker on the roster.

From what I've seen of him at linebacker, there's little to dislike.

MikeInRoch
08-20-2007, 09:19 AM
I really wish he would stop hyping up Buffalo. It gives me the willies.

Patrick76777
08-20-2007, 09:24 AM
I hate Coy Wire. Always have.

But damn did he have a great game the other night. Maybe he can win me over.

Meathead
08-20-2007, 09:26 AM
:lolpoint: patrick

shelby
08-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Hellyeah!:jig:

JJamezz
08-20-2007, 09:29 AM
He never should have been moved to safety.. He didn't fit the Bills D when he was drafted, so he really shouldn't have even been drafted by us.. Fortunately, he's a much better fit for this D - and incidentally Shirley, he's 230, not 220..

madness
08-20-2007, 09:39 AM
He never should have been moved to safety.. He didn't fit the Bills D when he was drafted, so he really shouldn't have even been drafted by us.. Fortunately, he's a much better fit for this D - and incidentally Shirley, he's 230, not 220..

I agree but I like the fact that it happened now that he has that safety mentality which fits perfectly in this defense.

mchurchfie
08-20-2007, 10:43 AM
He was a pretty good LB coming out of college. I'm starting to warm up to him myself.

shelby
08-20-2007, 10:48 AM
:jawdrop:

Mr. Pink
08-20-2007, 11:32 AM

Same reason the Rams moved Archuleta to Safety. Size.

The good part about this now though, is seeing we're employing the Cover 2...During nickle and dime situations, ie. obvious pass downs. We can play Wire as the backer. Ultimately that's what I'm hoping his role ends up being on this defense.

It could end up working real well and nicely for us.

RedEyE
08-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm with King on this one.

Hey, if the guy performs like this continually through regular season, I'll get his name tatooed on my ass.

Wire that is...not King... that would be gross.

cocamide
08-20-2007, 11:53 AM
This is pretty cool:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&conf=ALL

trapezeus
08-20-2007, 12:26 PM
he calls buffalo a "very Fringe City". The guy is such a fairweather reporter. Whatever is hot and overtalked about, he gets an interview with a Blank. So he gets credit for not being an op-ed guy because he gets big interviews. But for the most part, he tries to be funny and fails, and he never sways from the pack. so what's his insight. Usually nothing.

There will be a team this year (hopefully the bills) that no one had any expectations for and he'll just jump on and hype the praises. And this is from a guy who goes to a ton of camps. He never breaks the story before it's a story.

Yet somehow, i always read his monday morning QB article. I hate myself sometimes.

R. Rich
08-20-2007, 01:06 PM
So.....if he gives positive press on a Bills player, he "has a mancrush" on him. If he gives negative press on a Bills player, he's a fat pig who is part of the worldwide media conspiracy to dump on the Bills, right?

Ickybaluky
08-20-2007, 01:53 PM
This is pretty cool:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&conf=ALL

A lot of big names on that list.