PDA

View Full Version : Edwards looks real Sharp!

bigbub2352
08-20-2007, 09:22 AM
After finally gettin to watch the game on Saturday, i would have to say that the most impressive player so far this preseason out of the 2007 draft class is Trent Edwards,
- He is incrediably poised for a rookie in the pocket,
- He is not afraid of taking a hit
- knows how to slide away from pass rush
- very good acuracy on the run (Parrish)
- big enough to see over the line
- has a cannon
- is not afraid to scrammble and does it at the right times
Again i understand this is the preseason but i havent seen this kinda control of the offense from a rookie in a long time, and he is shown why he was taken by the Bills in the 3rd even though we had other pressing needs,
Look at what the Texans gave up for Schaub, and also if JP falters or goes down we now have a legitamate pro prospect in the wings
Hope he continues his play and gets better and better ever week

patmoran2006
08-20-2007, 09:26 AM
He reminds me in ways of Holcomb; however, he is a rookie so that's probably not the worst thing.

One thing I'll give him credit for without question is he looks more relaxed in the pocket than a typical rookie.

JJamezz
08-20-2007, 09:37 AM
I like his arm, he seems to see the field well, and I agree about the accuracy.. that TD to Roscoe was amazing.

What I HATE about him is how he just hangs onto the ball seemingly forever.. well, until he gets knocked on his ass anyway.. Not uncommon for the average rookie I guess, but a little surprising to me seeing as he played all his college ball behind one of the worst OL's ever.. After seeing him play, its no wonder why he was banged up a lot.

madness
08-20-2007, 09:44 AM
He reminds me in ways of Holcomb; however, he is a rookie so that's probably not the worst thing.

One thing I'll give him credit for without question is he looks more relaxed in the pocket than a typical rookie.

- has a cannon

This one alone discredits any similarities between the two.

bigbub2352
08-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I dont see the simliriaties athletically to Kelly, but brains i agree with you Pat, he got knocked on his ass cause he was tryin to make play, plus we got our 3rd stringers in there, anyway, again i liked his ability to use his check downs, and puts the ball only were the offense can get it, that trait cant be taught

hydro
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
This one alone discredits any similarities between the two.

That is exactly what i was thinking too...

TrentEdwards2008
08-21-2007, 12:42 AM
After finally gettin to watch the game on Saturday, i would have to say that the most impressive player so far this preseason out of the 2007 draft class is Trent Edwards,
- has a cannon
Again i understand this is the preseason but i havent seen this kinda control of the offense from a rookie in a long time, and he is shown why he was taken by the Bills in the 3rd even though we had other pressing needs,
Look at what the Texans gave up for Schaub, and also if JP falters or goes down we now have a legitamate pro prospect in the wings

He has been a stud in preseason as a rookie...I think he has a 120 QB rating as of right now.

Man was this the steal of the draft or what?

BILLSROCK1212
08-21-2007, 12:46 AM
- has a cannon
Hope he continues his play and gets better and better ever weekhe had a rough time playing at Stanford.....getting sacked plenty which I believed help prepare him for the NFL. I think he probably is ready to take the hit because he is used to taking the hit like he did at Stanford. He also learned at Stanford how to play under pressure and is obviously a very smart guy. If JP doesn't succeed this year which I don't see being very unlikely, I believe that we should trade him and make this Trent Edwards' team.

TrentEdwards2008
08-21-2007, 12:50 AM
he had a rough time playing at Stanford.....getting sacked plenty which I believed help prepare him for the NFL. I think he probably is ready to take the hit because he is used to taking the hit like he did at Stanford. He also learned at Stanford how to play under pressure and is obviously a very smart guy. If JP doesn't succeed this year which I don't see being very unlikely, I believe that we should trade him and make this Trent Edwards' team.

Forget next year....we need to trade Loseman now why he still has some value. If we wait til next year we will probably only be able to get a 7th rounder. If we trade him now we are looking at a 4th rounder, or 5th at worst.

BILLSROCK1212
08-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Forget next year....we need to trade Loseman now why he still has some value. If we wait til next year we will probably only be able to get a 7th rounder. If we trade him now we are looking at a 4th rounder, or 5th at worst.honestly we have no need for a troll....we all know that this is JP's last shot if we trade him after the season he is still probably a 3rd round pick and probably almost definitely more especially if we traded him to the QB desperate Falcons.

Devin
08-21-2007, 02:29 AM
I really have to admit ive been impressed with Edwards, hes shown some pretty incredible poise back there. Hes been pretty sharp.

That said JP is still our boy. We just have ourselves some schaub like insurance.

jamze132
08-21-2007, 06:53 AM
- has a cannon
Yes he has really shined when playing against 8th sting players who aren't going to make an AFL roster.

It's way to early to see how he is going to pan out. I like your enthusiasm though.:check:

bigbub2352
08-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Yes he has really shined when playing against 8th sting players who aren't going to make an AFL roster.

It's way to early to see how he is going to pan out. I like your enthusiasm though.:check:
Thanx

ibatiger
08-21-2007, 01:45 PM

Actually, in Nall's rookie season in the third and fourth games when he played for an extended time and had finally gotten a few reps thrown his way in practice (nothing even remotely like the full blown attention Edwards is getting) he played better than what Edwards is doing. I think he put points (mostly TDs) on the board on every series he was involved in. He already had an excellent awareness of game situation and down and distance as a rookie. As I said on the other board it looks like the fix is in for Edwards. If he replaces Nall prematurely, then Losman is right behind. After reading the article about Bill Walsh pushing him to Schonert and Levy it makes you wonder if their better judgement is being clouded for sentimental reasons. Think about this. How many second string QBs around the league have only had one series this preseason other than Nall? And how many of those have played even half as well as Nall has played in his career? Looks like somebody doesn't want any competition on the field for their boy.

Risin
08-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Actually, in Nall's rookie season in the third and fourth games when he played for an extended time and had finally gotten a few reps thrown his way in practice (nothing even remotely like the full blown attention Edwards is getting) he played better than what Edwards is doing. I think he put points (mostly TDs) on the board on every series he was involved in. He already had an excellent awareness of game situation and down and distance as a rookie. As I said on the other board it looks like the fix is in for Edwards. If he replaces Nall prematurely, then Losman is right behind. After reading the article about Bill Walsh pushing him to Schonert and Levy it makes you wonder if their better judgement is being clouded for sentimental reasons. Think about this. How many second string QBs around the league have only had one series this preseason other than Nall? And how many of those have played even half as well as Nall has played in his career? Looks like somebody doesn't want any competition on the field for their boy.

I can't wait until the Bills cut Nall.

There will be one less fanboy here.

Root for the TEAM.

DraftBoy
08-21-2007, 02:25 PM
I agree Edwards has looked really good, but why do you say he has cannon arm? He hasn't really displayed such in a game. Has he at practice?

bigbub2352
08-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Edwards pick in the 3rd round not only gives us a safty net if JP goes down, but if JP stays healthy and become what we think he can, LOok at what we gave up for ****bag Rob Johnson, look what Houston gave up for Matt Schaub, look what AJ Feely was traded for by Maimi, and i am sure there are a few others i am missin, this could put us in an incredible situation in 2 years ( if JP pans out)

If he doesnt it opens up serious prospect possibilities with Edwards were he will develop in this system and has all the intangibles to take the rains of this offense right away, if JP flops or goes down
and Nall gives us incredible depth at the postion so i am extremely happen with the QB situation thus far

bigbub2352
08-21-2007, 02:31 PM
I agree Edwards has looked really good, but why do you say he has cannon arm? He hasn't really displayed such in a game. Has he at practice?

At the night practice i was at he was throwin them 40-50yrds down feild, paul Hamilton and Vic Carruci both said so as well in radio interveiws, and from what i seen he throws with some zip, also the pass he threw to roscoe was alot harder then it looked, but i think JP has a better arm so far

justasportsfan
08-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Hughes who?

DraftBoy
08-21-2007, 02:38 PM
At the night practice i was at he was throwin them 40-50yrds down feild, paul Hamilton and Vic Carruci both said so as well in radio interveiws, and from what i seen he throws with some zip, also the pass he threw to roscoe was alot harder then it looked, but i think JP has a better arm so far

Thanks

DraftBoy
08-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Hughes who?

Dont worry you'll know him soon enough

Oaf
08-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I like his arm

How can you say that? In two halves of preseason football thus far, he's thrown exactly one pass that was over 8 yards down the field. Completion percentage is wonderful and all, but when you average less than 6 yards a completion, I think you have something that needs to be fixed.
He has been impressive for a rookie, but has reminded me too much of Holcomb.

Mitchy moo
08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
TE is the only TE we got.