PDA

View Full Version : Gerard Warren traded to the Raiders.

Ickybaluky
08-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Hell hath frozen over. The Broncos and Raiders, AFC West rivals with considerable bad blood between them, have made a trade, with the Raiders acquiring DT Gerard Warren for a draft pick.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2982669)

It must be Denver's recent hire of Mike Lombardi, who used to work for Oakland, that made it possible. I don't think Shanahan would be talking to Al Davis, considering Davis still hasn't paid him money from when he was fired years ago.

bflojohn
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Stranger things have happened... try Thurman Thomas going straight to the MIAMI DOLPHINS after being cut in Buffalo. That, my friend, was directly out of a Alfred Hitchcock film! Surreal, if you ask me!!

Earthquake Enyart
08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Wonder if Sapp is on his way out?

DraftBoy
08-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Wonder if Sapp is on his way out?

If so would you bring him here for a year? I think I would probably do that.

RockStar36
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Why would Sapp be on his way out? If I'm not mistaken I thought he had an excellent year last year for a team that really sucked.

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 12:42 PM
If so would you bring him here for a year? I think I would probably do that.

Absolutely.

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Why would Sapp be on his way out? If I'm not mistaken I thought he had an excellent year last year for a team that really sucked.

Who knows? Maybe their trying to add youth to the position. Plus with Sapp on the decline and with the amount of money that he is getting paid, he might just might become a cap casualty.