PDA

View Full Version : Vick's case: Prosecutors offering 18-36 months

Mitchy moo
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Prosecutors have offered Michael Vick (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20350573/#) a plea deal that would recommend he be imprisoned for 18-36 months in the federal dogfighting case, two sources told CNN on Monday. The sources also told CNN that Vick's attorneys are trying to have the sentencing guidelines reduced to less than a year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20350573/

Mitchy moo
08-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Vick's going to Jail, that seems to be a certainty.

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Why did ya **** it up Vick?

blackonyx89
08-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Yup! And do you think that this is going to stop NFL brothas (not all of them ) from doing illegal and stupid things? Ummmm.....NOPE!

:sigh:

BidsJr
08-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Yup! And do you think that this is going to stop NFL brothas (not all of them ) from doing illegal and stupid things? Ummmm.....NOPE!

:popcorn:

DraftBoy
08-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Prosecutors have offered Michael Vick (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20350573/#) a plea deal that would recommend he be imprisoned for 18-36 months in the federal dogfighting case, two sources told CNN on Monday. The sources also told CNN that Vick's attorneys are trying to have the sentencing guidelines reduced to less than a year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20350573/

Bout what I expected, and there is no way Vick gets less than 15 months bc his co-defendants plead and get 12-15 months so he will get more than that. At 18-36 months the judge will then decide on the length of the sentence and I wouldnt be surprised to see the maximum be handed down and he could be out in 24 months for good behavior.

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 01:19 PM

So true.

OpIv37
08-20-2007, 01:21 PM

some people are just thugs and can't be reformed. But hopefully at least a few of these guys will realize they're not above the law and they're not above losing everything, and it will straighten them out.

BlackMetalNinja
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm going to laugh so hard if Vick keeps screwing around doesn't agree to the plea and has to go through this trail and gets the book thrown at him. He better understand that he's getting at least a year at any rate.

blackonyx89
His NFL and post NFL-career is dead!!!

:hurt:

PECKERWOOD
I wonder if his herpees will deter Bubba. If not he may have to scramble so he doesn't penetrate his pocket.

M
08-20-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm going to laugh so hard if Vick keeps screwing around doesn't agree to the plea and has to go through this trail and gets the book thrown at him. He better understand that he's getting at least a year at any rate.

Seriously! He's looking at a RICO charge if he doesn't accept this deal. Jail time for that is somewhere around 20 years, although I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that high under these circumstances.

DynaPaul
08-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Vick is about to be Pete Rose'd from the NFL.

Gunzlingr
08-20-2007, 01:37 PM
I can see it now "The Longest Yard" reality show. He can throw passes to Rae Carruth.

dolphan117
08-20-2007, 02:12 PM
I will be very disappointed if he does less then a year.

Mr. Pink
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
According to NFL.com he's agreed to a plea deal between 10 and 12 months.

Luisito23
08-20-2007, 04:15 PM
How someone could be so stupid and ignorant as this fool is beyond me.....:millhouse

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
08-20-2007, 05:53 PM
How someone could be so stupid and ignorant as this fool is beyond me.....:millhouse

GO BILLS!!!!!!

jailbait.

ryjam282
08-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I can't even come up with the words to describe this idiot. Has the world by the balls and throws it all away because he has no compassion for animals....when he clearly is one himself.

Hell, I say, throw him in the pit with one of his dogs and see how funny that would be. I would put $20,000 on the dog in a heartbeat.

My only concern is that the dog would end it too quickly.

Turf
08-20-2007, 06:54 PM
What a POS Vick turned out to be. Dogfighting? Bad, very bad. Gambling? Stupid, dumb. Electrocuting, hanging and drowning innocent dogs after torturing them to fight? Sick. The man is a hard sick fool and doesn't deserve any leniancy.
Everyone screws up. What he did was just plain evil. Demented. He makes OJ seem reasonable.

JoeMama
08-20-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm not going to feign outrage; I'm sort of indifferent to the entire Vick saga.

But what gets me is the incredible stupidity of it all.

Vick was within the loving embrace of a $130 million contract, tens of millions more in endorsements, a legion of braindead fans, and a career in the NFL.

Of all the things to blow your career on (and your freedom)...

Dogfighting?

Really?

I can understand semi-realistic **** ups. You know, like getting busted with hookers on a yacht. Or being associated with thugs who kill someone at a nightclub. Maybe a DUI. Stuff like that.

But to throw your life away over dogfighting?

Why?

What could a guy worth hundreds of millions of dollars possibly stand to gain from dogfighting?

And if this couldn't be any bigger of a disaster for Vick, it's now being disclosed that he was personally involved in the execution of dogs - man's best friend. Talk about a PR disaster. People aren't going to see him as a petty, third party cohort in this situation; they're gonna see him as legitmately evil.

If you want to look like you're a card-carrying member of Satan's army of hoofed satyrs, be like Mike.

Jeff1220
08-20-2007, 09:06 PM
I can understand semi-realistic **** ups. You know, like getting busted with hookers on a yacht. Or being associated with thugs who kill someone at a nightclub. Maybe a DUI. Stuff like that.

But to throw your life away over dogfighting?

Why?

I'd be willing to bet there was plenty of that stuff too, it's just not what he got caught doing.

Stewie
08-20-2007, 09:07 PM
this doesn't take into account the state charges Virginia will undoubtedly levy against him. He just admitted to doing the crime, so the state has an open and shut case. Expect him to plea to whatever virginia decides to charge him with.

JoeMama
08-21-2007, 07:33 AM
this doesn't take into account the state charges Virginia will undoubtedly levy against him. He just admitted to doing the crime, so the state has an open and shut case. Expect him to plea to whatever virginia decides to charge him with.

I heard Viriginia has some law on the books that sentences offenders to 5 years in prison per animal cruelty death.

The feds allege Vick's direct involvement with at least 8 dogs.

I doubt 40 years is within the realm of possibility though.

njsue
08-21-2007, 07:40 AM

You can take the player out of the Hood, but you can't take the hood out of the Player.

TigerJ
08-21-2007, 09:45 AM
I think the maximum prison sentence he would get if it were to go to trial is 5 years. For the Feds to offer 18-36 months is not a huge discount. That tells me the Feds think they have pretty much an iron clad case. I don't think the feds will drop much below the 18 months. I'm guessing 15-18 months. Of course Vick's other problem is a possible federal gambling charge. Vick's plea bargain on dog fighting doesn't touch that at all. I suspect his NFL career is over.

Stewie
08-22-2007, 09:20 AM
I think the maximum prison sentence he would get if it were to go to trial is 5 years. For the Feds to offer 18-36 months is not a huge discount. That tells me the Feds think they have pretty much an iron clad case. I don't think the feds will drop much below the 18 months. I'm guessing 15-18 months. Of course Vick's other problem is a possible federal gambling charge. Vick's plea bargain on dog fighting doesn't touch that at all. I suspect his NFL career is over.

the "feds" have absolutely no control over his sentence. Theirs is only a suggestion. The judge in this matter has the ultimate sentencing authority.