PDA

View Full Version : Vick Accepts Plea Deal

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2007, 01:28 PM
According to Fox and CNN.

OpIv37
08-20-2007, 01:30 PM
good to see that CNN has dorm room decorating tips on their front page. Way to nail down those hard-hitting, important stories!

LtBillsFan66
08-20-2007, 01:32 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif
VICK PLEADS GUILTY (http://hamptonroads.com/pilotonline/)

PECKERWOOD
My stomach won't stop growling.. Every time I hit it to try and get it to be quiet it keeps growling even louder. :(

Dr. Lecter
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293826,00.html

The lead attorney for pro football star Michael Vick said Monday that the Atlanta Falcons quarterback will plead guilty to dogfighting and related charges and will "accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made."

Billy Martin, heading up Vick's legal team, issued the following statement:

"After consulting with his family over the weekend. Michael Vick ask that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with Federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him. Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of Guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologizes again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter. The legal team and Mr. Vick will appear in court in Richmond on August 27th."

Gunzlingr
08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
My stomach won't stop growling.. Every time I hit it to try and get it to be quiet it keeps growling even louder. :(

Does it sound like a fighting pitbull?

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I have to find a new guy to call "most over-rated."

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2007, 01:34 PM
good to see that CNN has dorm room decorating tips on their front page. Way to nail down those hard-hitting, important stories!

It's for Vick himself. Since he is about to become some guys *****, he needs interior decoration tips, as well as showtuen recommendations.

Mr. Pink
08-20-2007, 01:34 PM

Don't worry Lecter...with Vick gone for a while...the league will annoint Vince Young as the next great QB.

Static
08-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Hopefully when he is done serving time, he will join up with pacman jones in the tna as a new tag team......pacman and pit bull.

RockStar36
08-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Don't worry Lecter...with Vick gone for a while...the league will annoint Vince Young as the next great QB.

It might be to late for that.

OpIv37
08-20-2007, 01:39 PM
It's for Vick himself. Since he is about to become some guys *****, he needs interior decoration tips, as well as showtuen recommendations.

I actually heard a rumor that he was an interior design major from someone who went to Va Tech the same time he was there.

Gunzlingr
08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I can see it now "The Longest Yard" reality show. He can throw passes to Rae Carruth.

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Does it sound like a fighting pitbull?

Very much so. Where is Vick at? He should come kill it for me.

M
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
So I wonder how Goodell and Blank are taking this, knowing full well that this POS lied straight to their faces.

OpIv37
08-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I can see it now "The Longest Yard" reality show. He can throw passes to Rae Carruth.

and OJ can be the running back. Oh, wait, nevermind.

M
08-20-2007, 01:47 PM
From July 26th ...

"Today in court, I pleaded innocent to the allegations made against me. I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name. I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13763064/detail.html

Um, wanna try again???

Static
08-20-2007, 01:48 PM

they are probably kicking themselves now for not getting him and Ray Lewis....the team would be shaping up nicely.

OpIv37
08-20-2007, 01:49 PM
From July 26th ...

"Today in court, I pleaded innocent to the allegations made against me. I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name. I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13763064/detail.html

Um, wanna try again???

"I changed my mind- I don't want the facts to be shown because I know what your judgment (and the court's) would be. See ya in a year."

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 01:51 PM

and don't forget a cracked out Michael Irvin at WR.

OpIv37
08-20-2007, 01:52 PM

and Leon Lett at DT and Nate Newton at OG.

Static
08-20-2007, 01:52 PM

That is HOF cracked out Michael Irvin to you.

Mr. Pink
08-20-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm taking LT at LB, thanks.

Oh I'm sorry HOFer Lawrence Taylor at LB!

Mr. Pink
08-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Do you think Paul Hornung at RB would be an excellent compliment?

Vick and Hornung can exchange gambling tips.

Or is that too over the top?

Gunzlingr
08-20-2007, 01:57 PM
they are probably kicking themselves now for not getting him and Ray Lewis....the team would be shaping up nicely.

That would be a killer unit.

dolphan117
08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
So I wonder how Goodell and Blank are taking this, knowing full well that this POS lied straight to their faces.My guess would be not well. I just don't see Blank ever letting him play another down in Atlanta and I doubt Goodell even lets him back in the league for a while after his jail time.

Its also worth pointing out that the state of VA is also bringing charges against Vick. More jail time could be coming from that on top of whatever this plea deal calls for.

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 02:12 PM
In another 2 years Miami will have themselves a quarterback.

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Pacman at CB anyone?

LtBillsFan66
08-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Steve Largent at WR?

Mr. Pink
08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Plea deal is 10-12 months according to NFL.com

What that means in time he'll actually serve, I dunno.

LtFinFan66
08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=breakingNewsTitle style="COLOR: #ffffff">http://www.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/breakingnews.gif</TD><TD>Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal in his federal dogfighting case. NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting the agreement calls for a 10-12 month prison sentence. Full story (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8019d902&template=without-video&confirm=true)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

M
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=breakingNewsTitle style="COLOR: #ffffff">http://www.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/breakingnews.gif</TD><TD>Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal in his federal dogfighting case. NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting the agreement calls for a 10-12 month prison sentence. Full story (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8019d902&template=without-video&confirm=true)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Vick's attorneys have been negotiating with federal prosecutors over terms of the deal, which must be approved by the judge. While prosecutors can recommend a sentence, the decision ultimately rests with the judge.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/20/vick/index.html

That's the kicker, it's just a sentencing recommendation. I, for one, hope he does more that that. Also, it's not a done deal. He actually has to sign the plea on Monday at the hearing. If he doesn't the prosceutors could reconvene the grand jury to add additional charges.

ajsdx
08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
wow...10-12 months isn't bad at all...especially since if it's 10 months he'll probably only serve 8.

Voltron
08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
I wonder if he is going to "pound you in the ass" prison or if he will be put up in one of the low security ones with the Tennis courts and such?

Voltron
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I wonder what will happen to his boys that were going to roll on him? Do their deals get cleared now that their testimony is no longer needed?

M
08-20-2007, 03:02 PM
I wonder what will happen to his boys that were going to roll on him? Do their deals get cleared now that their testimony is no longer needed?

Nope.

Voltron
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Nope.
So no one involved will end up with a proper sentence for what they did. Wow that is awesome :rolleyes:

OpIv37
08-20-2007, 03:12 PM
I hope they give him at least 20 months to ensure he serves a solid year.

Static
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I hope they give him at least 20 months to ensure he serves a solid year.

Hopefully his cell mate is in prison for murdering a man who killed his dog.

Voltron
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Did anyone watch this past weeks episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel?

They did part of it on Dog fighting and it made me sick to my stomach :ill:
I find it funny that a majority of the people that engage in this are either backwoods white trash or gang bangers. It must be hard for all those Clan members to deal with the Gang bangers :eek:

finfan34
08-20-2007, 03:38 PM
i wonder how the NAACP will spin this?

patmoran2006
08-20-2007, 03:51 PM
If Vick goes to POUND YOU IN THE ASS prision and gets into a fight and refuses to defend himself.

I hope a group of dudes get together and electrocute him. Then he'll know for that split second how the dogs felt.

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2007, 03:53 PM
If Vick goes to POUND YOU IN THE ASS prision and gets into a fight and refuses to defend himself.

I hope a group of dudes get together and electrocute him. Then he'll know for that split second how the dogs felt.

I would rather he get his head pounded into the ground.

dolphan117
08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Cant we do both? :D:

Confused
08-20-2007, 03:59 PM
his name is Vince Young.

patmoran2006
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
No.. His name is Willis McGahee.

Call Vince Young what you want.. At the very least, he is among the best at finding a way to win.

finfan34
08-20-2007, 04:04 PM
i think this is one of the best days for justice in our country in some time, finally after oj and duke lacrose (the way they treated the players), i feel like there is justice, good luck mike, way to screw up a perfect situation, and dont drop the soap.

Michael82
08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I still believe that the judge is a tough, pissed off SOB and will laugh at Vick's current plea deal. Like he told the guys last week, if you take this plea deal, you are throwing your mercy at me and will relinquish your right to appeal. Seeing how the whole thing was funded by Vick and he's the ring leader and the judge seems to be extremely pissed off about the whole thing....I could see him giving Vick 2-3 years in prison and IMO that would be just what he deserves!!! :mad:

Mitchy moo
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/20/vick/index.html

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Did anyone watch this past weeks episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel?

They did part of it on Dog fighting and it made me sick to my stomach :ill:
I find it funny that a majority of the people that engage in this are either backwoods white trash or gang bangers. It must be hard for all those Clan members to deal with the Gang bangers :eek:

I don't know too many hillbillies that fight dogs.. The only white people fighting dogs are probably wanna-be gangbangers.

PECKERWOOD
08-20-2007, 10:12 PM

No kidding.

TrentEdwards2008
08-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Vick is such a loser...and harrington sucks!

Anybody else think we should trade Losman to the falcons for offensive/defensive line help? Or we could probably get a 4th round pick in next years draft for him.

Whos with me???

jamze132
08-21-2007, 07:07 AM
He should have said **** the ple deal and went to trial. Goodell isn't going to let him back in the NFL anyway, since he lied straight to his face.

If OJ can get off a double homicide, Mexico can beat a tripple dog murder.

njsue
08-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Guilt was laying to much on his conscience. Now he screwed his NFL career permanently.

:shakeno:

Voltron
08-21-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't know too many hillbillies that fight dogs.. The only white people fighting dogs are probably wanna-be gangbangers. Did you watch the Show? If not then you have no idea what you are talking about. They specifically said that it is a "sport" that is very prevalent in the rural south. The 3 people they showed on film were white trash scumbags!

Ingtar33
08-21-2007, 09:29 AM
he pled guilty because the feds were ramping up a racketeering charge against him.

that's a min of 5 years in jail, period.

apparently they had him cold on that too.

by pleading out, he'll get off with just 12 or 18 months.

hydro
08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
He should have said **** the ple deal and went to trial. Goodell isn't going to let him back in the NFL anyway, since he lied straight to his face.

If OJ can get off a double homicide, Mexico can beat a tripple dog murder.
That would have been beyond stupid on his part for two reasons.

1) Johnnie Cochran is dead, and he is the only one that would have had chance to get him out of this. lol
2) The word is they have so much evidence on him that it would have been a cake walk for the prosecutors to convict him.

G. Host
08-21-2007, 07:27 PM
What about on the illegal gambling charges?

Ingtar33
08-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Racketeering is the act of operating an illegal business or scheme in order to make a profit, perpetrated by a structured group. It is a broad category of criminal acts that includes bribery, sexual exploitation of children, and illegal gambling, among many others.

that's what i was addressing with the racketeering issue.

If he let them go forward with a prosecution on racketeering, he would be looking at a lifetime ban from the NFL.

not to mention a likely 5 year prison sentence.

by pleading out to a lesser charge, he gets 1, maybe 2 years, and avoids the feds airing the laundry on the gambling operations, which would of course bring a lifetime ban from the NFL.

ajsdx
08-22-2007, 12:40 PM

you asked...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2986382

Michael82
08-22-2007, 01:58 PM
you asked...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2986382
:rofl: what a load of crap!

jamze132
08-23-2007, 08:34 AM
That would have been beyond stupid on his part for two reasons.

1) Johnnie Cochran is dead, and he is the only one that would have had chance to get him out of this. lol
2) The word is they have so much evidence on him that it would have been a cake walk for the prosecutors to convict him.
SO what does Vick really have to lose then?

Another few months in prison? I think I would take my chances in court, who knows, maybe the prosecution screws up and he gets off. You never know. And I am sure that he can find a good enough defense team to build a case that attacks the credibility of the so-called "witnesses" who are his "friends".

It's just me but I would have tried to fight it. His career in the NFL is over.

CuseJetsFan83
08-23-2007, 12:08 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=216662&hubname=cfl

Vick's speed and sprint-out style look ideal for the CFL, but the Atlanta Falcons quarterback at the centre of dogfighting charges will not be allowed to play in Canada if, as expected, he is suspended by the NFL.
A rule approved by the CFL in the off-season bars clubs from signing players who are under suspension in the NFL. The rule was adopted in response to the Toronto Argonauts' signing last season of running back Ricky Williams, who was serving a one-year suspension for drug use.

hahahaha..... i love it... vick truly is screwed :-)

Michael82
08-23-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=216662&hubname=cfl

Vick's speed and sprint-out style look ideal for the CFL, but the Atlanta Falcons quarterback at the centre of dogfighting charges will not be allowed to play in Canada if, as expected, he is suspended by the NFL.
A rule approved by the CFL in the off-season bars clubs from signing players who are under suspension in the NFL. The rule was adopted in response to the Toronto Argonauts' signing last season of running back Ricky Williams, who was serving a one-year suspension for drug use.

hahahaha..... i love it... vick truly is screwed :-)
:lmao: