PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see this

carybillsfan
08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
The entire organization/city/fans are up in arms because Dallas actually tried, during the preseason game. Apparently the refs wouldn't let Denver change the game from tackle to 2 hand touch before the game.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_6660972

What a joke!

OpIv37
08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
wtf?

The reason most teams run a base D in pre season is not out of some respect for the other team- it's because they don't want other teams scouting their tricks before the season even starts. They don't want to tip their hand.

If Phillips wants to practice blitzing in pre season, it's not his fault that Denver doesn't want to practice blitz pickup.

madness
08-20-2007, 02:12 PM
wtf?

The reason most teams run a base D in pre season is not out of some respect for the other team- it's because they don't want other teams scouting their tricks before the season even starts. They don't want to tip their hand.

If Phillips wants to practice blitzing in pre season, it's not his fault that Denver doesn't want to practice blitz pickup.

Denver was upset that they had to resort to cut blocking this early in the season. :::

Voltron
08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Some one call the WAAAAA-bulance!

LtFinFan66
08-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Well, you guys get the first chance to shut them up in the regular season

Voltron
08-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, you guys get the first chance to shut them up in the regular season
A Denver team with Travis Henry as their #1 RB. This will not be good :scared:

RockStar36
08-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Travis is currently banged up, although I figure he'll be fine for the opener. Regardless, I really want Buffalo to rough them up now. What a bunch of cry babies. How dare the Cowboys try and actually win the game, or practice schemes they will use in the regular season. What a friggin joke.

Voltron
08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Travis is currently banged up, although I figure he'll be fine for the opener. Regardless, I really want Buffalo to rough them up now. What a bunch of cry babies. How dare the Cowboys try and actually win the game, or practice schemes they will use in the regular season. What a friggin joke.
Not to mention it is a new D playbook then the one from last year. How else are they supposed to practice it in real game scenario?!?