PDA

View Full Version : What happens to our conditional draft pick....?

BILLSROCK1212
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
What happens to our conditional draft pick if Kelly Holcomb is traded or released? Anyone know?

TigerJ
08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
I think the conditional pick was for Spikes. I figured everybody took for granted that Holcomb is no better than a backup between now and his retirement.

Yasgur's Farm
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
You don't receive any conditional draft pick credit for players who have been traded... They were both under contract.

duhbilz
08-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Kelley Holcomb was traded. You don't get anything for a traded player except whatever you trade them for. I think conditional picks are for FA's lost. They also must make a significant contribution to the team they sign with before you qualify for a conditional pick. The better they perform, the higher the pick. I'm not sure the Bills will get anything for Nate because there was an agreement before the season that the Bills would not place the franchise tag on him in 07. In return for Nate not holding out any playing time last year, basically setting him free after the 06 season.

Yasgur's Farm
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Bills significant FA losses...

Clements
Fletcher

Bills significant FA gains...

Dockery
Walker

Bills 2008 conditional draft picks...

dplus47
08-20-2007, 06:26 PM
i don't know anything about the holcomb trade, but i think we're mixing up the words "conditional" with "compensatory." you get compensatory picks for losing free agents. conditional picks are for trades, with the conditions based on playing time, making the roster, or whatever. if the deal for holcomb was for a conditional pick, it's likely the bills would get nothing if he were released.

Yasgur's Farm
08-20-2007, 06:31 PM
You're correct... My bad.

TogerJ is also correct... The conditional, if any, would be for Spikes.

duhbilz
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
i don't know anything about the holcomb trade, but i think we're mixing up the words "conditional" with "compensatory." you get compensatory picks for losing free agents. conditional picks are for trades, with the conditions based on playing time, making the roster, or whatever. if the deal for holcomb was for a conditional pick, it's likely the bills would get nothing if he were released.

Yep, I misunderstood as well.

DraftBoy
08-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Also keep in mind you get conditional draft picks for FA lost the year before, so for all the FA's we lost last season we would get conditional picks, if any.

BILLSROCK1212
08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Also keep in mind you get compensation draft picks for FA lost the year before, so for all the FA's we lost last season we would get compensation picks, if any.

BILLSROCK1212
08-20-2007, 08:28 PM
i thought we got the conditional pick based on how much time Holcomb plays.

DraftBoy
08-20-2007, 08:43 PM
i thought we got the conditional pick based on how much time Holcomb plays.

Im not sure upon what condition we get a pick for if its based on Holcomb or Spikes.