PDA

View Full Version : You better get used to it!

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Quarterback contoversy goes back to the early days of the NFL.

Should it be Earl Morral or Johnny Unitas, Flutie or Johnson, Bledsoe or Brady?

I hope J.P. plays so well that it becomes a no brainer to continue to play him!
It will only take one poor game by Losman and the board will be buzzing with thoughts of replacing him with Edwards! (lol)

Before you jump in here and claim Trent Edwards in not ready remember this.

How did Ben Rothlinburger and Tom Brady win their starting jobs in their 2nd season and go on to win the Superbowl?
Trent Edwards may not be ready but Rothlinburger and Brady were not ready either!

Unfortunitly some QB's get their shot through injury and never look back!

My advice to you guys is to embrace the compitition and find a way to live with it!
It certainly does not keep me up at night!

I don't know about you guys but I am enjoying the positive press we are getting for drafting Edwards in the 3rd round!

I will not be surprised to see Craig Nall traded for defensive help and I am surprised we do not hear more about it on the boards!

So, who do I want to start on Opening day?
THE BEST QB ON OUR ROSTER, and I am sure it will be J.P. Losman!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10307870

-Wally

TacklingDummy
08-21-2007, 07:59 AM
THE BEST QB ON OUR ROSTER!

JP will be starter Opening Day.

I think Edwards will have a chance to start come week 12-13. Finishing up with Home games against Miami, Giants and Away games at Cleveland and Philly would be good experience for Trent.

Help us, Trent Edwards. You're our only hope.

BlackMetalNinja
08-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Tom Brady was 1 for 3 with 6 yards passing in his rookie season actually...

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Tom Brady was 1 for 3 with 6 yards passing in his rookie season actually...
You are right!

Ingtar33
08-21-2007, 09:26 AM
big ben didn't win the superbowl his rookie season either.

BlackMetalNinja
08-21-2007, 10:08 AM
big ben didn't win the superbowl his rookie season either.

Also correct, it too was his 2nd year.

RockStar36
08-21-2007, 10:10 AM
And Big Ben isn't all that. He benefited from a very good team. It doesn't take a great QB to hand the ball off all game.

ddaryl
08-21-2007, 10:18 AM
If we hit the half way mark of the season and JP is regressing then I think many will call for Edwards.

Until then the noisy minority that will try to drown out this message board and others with anti-JP rants can and will be easily ignored

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 12:12 PM
If we hit the half way mark of the season and JP is regressing then I think many will call for Edwards.

Until then the noisy minority that will try to drown out this message board and others with anti-JP rants can and will be easily ignored

When Buffalo took a QB #3 I kind of expected some compitition and I would be dissapointed if we never heard Edwards name!

RockStar36
08-21-2007, 12:19 PM
JP is the starting QB. If anything, Edwards can be a solid backup when needed and a decent replacement if for some reason Losman went down due to injury. I don't see JP getting benched though. If that was the case I would think he would have been benched at some point last year. The coaches kind of showed last year that JP is the guy and they will stick it out with him.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 01:16 PM
JP is the starting QB. If anything, Edwards can be a solid backup when needed and a decent replacement if for some reason Losman went down due to injury. I don't see JP getting benched though. If that was the case I would think he would have been benched at some point last year. The coaches kind of showed last year that JP is the guy and they will stick it out with him.
J.P. is the clear cut starter and it would take a huge down turn in his game before Edwards would get his shot but that does not mean he can't get a few series during the season!

Risin
08-21-2007, 02:02 PM
J.P. is the clear cut starter and it would take a huge down turn in his game before Edwards would get his shot but that does not mean he can't get a few series during the season!

Are you serious dude?

JP took EVERY snap last season, and I expect the same this year.

Only way I want to see Edwards, is if we're up by 50, and he hands the ball off.

The guy plays well against garbage men, and supermarket employees, and now he's going to take JP's job?

JP is one of the best young QB's in the game right now, only in Buffalo are fans dumb enough not to see it.

You think Giants fans are saying bench Eli, for Lorenzen?

Of course not!

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Are you serious dude?

JP took EVERY snap last season, and I expect the same this year.

Only way I want to see Edwards, is if we're up by 50, and he hands the ball off.

The guy plays well against garbage men, and supermarket employees, and now he's going to take JP's job?

JP is one of the best young QB's in the game right now, only in Buffalo are fans dumb enough not to see it.

You think Giants fans are saying bench Eli, for Lorenzen?

Of course not!

Are you seroius, did you read the post or just start typing. The post is not about who is better! (lolololol)
Thanks for defending Losman! just to funny, how many jersey's did you buy?

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Are you seroius, did you read the post or just start typing. The post is not about who is better! (lolololol)

Edwards will not 50 points to get a series!

Risin
08-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks for defending Losman!

Yes, I read your post.

You said Trent should get some series.

I say, no he shouldn't, unless we are up big.

Are you having trouble understanding?

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Yes, I read your post.

You said Trent should get some series.

I say, no he shouldn't, unless we are up big.

Are you having trouble understanding?

I am having trouble understanding why you would waste a chance to play Edwards before you are up by 50!
Not exactly the best way to bring a young quarterback along!
Craig Nall should have played against Chicago and nobody knows anything about him!
Most teams use their backup to save the starter from injury and evaluate your other QB?
Seems like we paid a stiff price for Rob Johnson because he looked good in 1 football game, are you intersted in some other teams #1 pick?

shelby
08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
How often did Marv put Reich in the game if Kelly was healthy and the game was a blowout?

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
How often did Marv put Reich in the game if Kelly was healthy and the game was a blowout?

Ah, are you looking for an exact number?

shelby
08-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Yes, of course.
i'm all grown up now, but i'm still a pain in your ass.:D

X-Era
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Quarterback contoversy goes back to the early days of the NFL.

Should it be Earl Morral or Johnny Unitas, Flutie or Johnson, Bledsoe or Brady?

I hope J.P. plays so well that it becomes a no brainer to continue to play him!
It will only take one poor game by Losman and the board will be buzzing with thoughts of replacing him with Edwards! (lol)

Before you jump in here and claim Trent Edwards in not ready remember this.

How did Ben Rothlinburger and Tom Brady win their starting jobs in their 2nd season and go on to win the Superbowl?
Trent Edwards may not be ready but Rothlinburger and Brady were not ready either!

Unfortunitly some QB's get their shot through injury and never look back!

My advice to you guys is to embrace the compitition and find a way to live with it!
It certainly does not keep me up at night!

I don't know about you guys but I am enjoying the positive press we are getting for drafting Edwards in the 3rd round!

I will not be surprised to see Craig Nall traded for defensive help and I am surprised we do not hear more about it on the boards!

THE BEST QB ON OUR ROSTER, and I am sure it will be J.P. Losman!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10307870

-Wally

Simply no way he sees the field if JP stays healthy. If JP stinks it up, I fully expect Edwards to become our #1 option.

Posts like this are meant to open up a controversy that at best is ridiculous.

You may not like him, but JP is our starter...period. That may change but it sure as hell wont be this year.

YardRat
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
I see no problem with giving Edwards some game experience if the score is lopsided one way or the other. I would expect it, actually.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I see no problem with giving Edwards some game experience if the score is lopsided one way or the other. I would expect it, actually.

I would have liked to see Craig Nall last season but they never got him in!
The Chicago game would have been nice!

AndreReed83
08-21-2007, 04:45 PM
I don't think there is a controversy. I don't think Marv and Jauron are looking to replace Losman. I honestly think Edwards was just too good of a player for Marv and Co. to pass up in the 3rd round and that in this instance, some people are just looking for a fire that isn't there.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't think there is a controversy. I don't think Marv and Jauron are looking to replace Losman. I honestly think Edwards was just too good of a player for Marv and Co. to pass up in the 3rd round and that in this instance, some people are just looking for a fire that isn't there.

I like the feeling of having an option should an injury occur!

TacklingDummy
08-21-2007, 05:59 PM

Only dumb Buffalo fans consider JP one of the best young QB's in the game right now.

Give me a break. He's had less than a handful of good games in his career and you want to consider him one of the best?

X-Era
08-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Only dumb Buffalo fans consider JP one of the best young QB's in the game right now.

Give me a break. He's had less than a handful of good games in his career and you want to consider him one of the best?
Its too early, just wait and see

Wally The Barber
08-26-2007, 03:20 PM
yep!

Captain gameboy
08-26-2007, 03:25 PM
I still haven't resolved Kemp vs. Lamonica.

This one is way down the line for me.

Losman finished strong ex the Ravens.

Case closed for now.

bills_7
08-26-2007, 03:36 PM
can we just see what JP does this year.. wow everyone needs to relax

dolphan117
08-26-2007, 03:41 PM
And Big Ben isn't all that. He benefited from a very good team. It doesn't take a great QB to hand the ball off all game.Yup, he played well in two of the playoff games (especialy the first halves) but he was awfull in that SB game.

9 of 21 for 123 yards no TD's and 2 picks for a rating of 22.6.
http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/gamelogs?id=ROE750381&season=2005

Night Train
08-26-2007, 05:08 PM

It's not there now but a contract extension for Losman is due up next year. He needs to keep improving or his replacement is already here in Edwards.

baalworship
08-26-2007, 05:09 PM
There are always fans who get enamored with backup QB's. Remember last year when there were Holcomb and Nall fan clubs?! Losman is already a good player and he is getting better. He did great last year behind a sub-par line. When he has time to throw he is deadly.

PECKERWOOD
08-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks for defending Losman! just to funny, how many jersey's did you buy?

Having Edwards on the roster only helps this team. I think Losman is the better QB at the moment and he provides us the best chance to win but who is to say that Trent Edwards can't mature into something better? Hell, at the very worst we have an insurance policy on Losman by having a young and smart QB with tons of potential. I like Edwards and I like JP. May the best man start.