PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the whipping boys gone

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Before every season starts we always select a whipping boy on our roster but the pickings are getting pretty slim

Ah, for the days of Bennie Anderson! I am sure the Dolphins miss him too!(lol)

Josh Reed was looking like a shoe in till he started catching the football last year.

Just when you thought you had Coy Wire all lined up for this season, he makes a few bone crunching tackles and the media refers to him as the next Sam Mills.

John McCargo was leading the group but he screwed it all up against Atlanta! Who was that guy? If he puts a few games together he MAY be lost from our WB list forever.

Tim Anderson is still on the roster but unless we pick up a new DT he isn't going anywhere! He seems to be the overall favorite.

Jim Leohard was looking like a shoe in but I am afraid I need to remove him from the list.The Media seems to love the guy also and they actually gave his some credit against the Falcons.

Surely you guys can think of somebody?

Perhaps you wonder WHY we need to have anyone on our list?

Its an old Buffalo tradition that goes back to the 60's.

I once started a thread on the worst Bills of all time and the list was long! I think Walt Patulski won by a few votes!

Its a REALLY great sign when you run out of WB's.

If this keeps up we may need to retire the label and start a hall of fame instead!

LtBillsFan66
08-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Peerless has taken a lot of heat on the board.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Peerless has taken a lot of heat on the board.

Sorry he's just no bad enough....but its early!

OpIv37
08-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Tim Anderson is still the whipping boy- he's the one player I have yet to see anyone on the board defend.

McCargo- first of all, I don't see how one mediocre pre-season game gets him off the hook for anything. Second I don't think he was ever a whipping boy per se- fair or unfair, the organization has a lot riding on McCargo and some of us are just frustrated that he does not appear to be ready for the situation that was forced on him.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Tim Anderson is still the whipping boy- he's the one player I have yet to see anyone on the board defend.

McCargo- first of all, I don't see how one mediocre pre-season game gets him off the hook for anything. Second I don't think he was ever a whipping boy per se- fair or unfair, the organization has a lot riding on McCargo and some of us are just frustrated that he does not appear to be ready for the situation that was forced on him.
McCargo looked alot better we just need to keep him healthy then Timmy can retain the crown!

Wys Guy
08-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Before every season starts we always have a whipping boy on our roster but the pickings are getting pretty slim!

Ah, for the days of Bennie Anderson!

Josh Reed was looking like a shoe in till he started catching the football!

Just when you thought you had Coy Wire all set up for the season, he makes a few bone crunching tackles and the media refers to him as the next Sam Mills!

John McCargo was leading the group but he screwed it all up against Atlanta! Who was that guy?

Tim Anderson is still here but unless we pick up a new DT he isn't going anywhere!

Perhaps you wonder WHY we need to have anybody?

Its an old Buffalo tradition that goes back to the 60's

Give it a few regular season games. Langston Walker will be the OL WB.

Price will be the WR WB, Wire in spite of all that will be a D WB if he starts, and I have full confidence that McCargo and Youboty will be full fledged bona fide WBs too oh, about week 6.

Rule Anderson out. He's a backup and only so much whipping can be done for backups.

So, patience! ;)

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Give it a few regular season games. Langston Walker will be the OL WB.

Price will be the WR WB, Wire in spite of all that will be a D WB if he starts, and I have full confidence that McCargo and Youboty will be full fledged bona fide WBs too oh, about week 6.

Rule Anderson out. He's a backup and only so much whipping can be done for backups.

So, patience! ;)

(lol)

Jaybird
08-21-2007, 02:52 PM
how about everyone on the d line besides schobel

OpIv37
08-21-2007, 02:54 PM

Tripplett was a no-show for most of last season and he's been a no-show again in pre-season. He wasn't in on many plays, but I saw him easily steered aside by the RG several times against ATL.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 02:55 PM

You don't like McGee, Whitner and Simpson?

POZ?

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Tripplett was a no-show for most of last season and he's been a no-show again in pre-season. He wasn't in on many plays, but I saw him easily steered aside by the RG several times against ATL.
With the depth at DT, I sure hope you are wrong!

OpIv37

POZ?

He said the D line- DE's and DT's. Poz is an LB and the rest of those guys are DB's- safeties and corners. They don't play DL.

hydro
He said the D line- DE's and DT's. Poz is an LB and the rest of those guys are DB's- safeties and corners. They don't play DL.

LOL, beaten...

ddaryl
08-21-2007, 02:59 PM

POZ?

d-LINE Wally....

Tim Anderson is still a classic whipping boy... Peerless is earning the distinction.

Coy Wire used to be a whipping boy for many but he seems to have won some of those people over. Reed was as well, but he too seems to be progressing.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 03:00 PM
LOL, beaten...

I am sure we will see some new DT's soon and they will need to be good, REAL GOOD!

OpIv37
08-21-2007, 03:02 PM
d-LINE Wally....

Tim Anderson is still a classic whipping boy... Peerless is earning the distinction.

Coy Wire used to be a whipping boy for many but he seems to have won some of those people over. Reed was as well, but he too seems to be progressing.

Coy has been one of my favorite whipping boys. One strong pre-season game isn't enough to win me over, but it's enough to get me to back off and see how he plays once the real games start.

Night Train
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM

Mike Schneck... THAT BASTARD !

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Coy has been one of my favorite whipping boys. One strong pre-season game isn't enough to win me over, but it's enough to get me to back off and see how he plays once the real games start.

Makes me wonder why we kept him at Safety so long as he sure looks like a better LB then safety!

HHURRICANE
08-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Tim Anderson or Peerless Price.

It's called the "Mike Williams" award.

Mad Bomber
08-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Fat Timmy is a First Team WB. I think everyone agrees on that.

On the O-line I see Duke Preston, especially at C.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 03:12 PM

That was one bad shot gun snap...horrible!

OpIv37
08-21-2007, 03:17 PM

yeah he got owned- aside from the bad snap and the false start caused by him missing the snap count, he couldn't block for ****.

I distinctly remember one play where Lynch lost about 4 yards because Preston and Royal were standing there with their backs to the LOS while their blocking assignments pounced on Lynch.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 03:25 PM
yeah he got owned- aside from the bad snap and the false start caused by him missing the snap count, he couldn't block for ****.

I distinctly remember one play where Lynch lost about 4 yards because Preston and Royan were standing there with their backs to the LOS while their blocking assignments pounced on Lynch.
Duke Preston seems to have all the tools but he seems to get ahead of himself on some playes but I think he will be fine before the seasons end!

shelby
08-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't worry Wally, there are plenty of Wire haters who will string him up the first time he makes an error.

:D

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Don't worry Wally, there are plenty of Wire haters who will string him up the first time he makes an error.

:D

I think it would be wise to give him some time and he may end up being a fan favorite in Buffalo.
The fans always like the small guys that beat up on teams! We will see!
You probaby wonder how I came up with the Wally sceen name?
Wallace is my middle name. (pretty bad huh!)

Mr. Miyagi
08-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Before every season starts we always have a whipping boy on our roster but the pickings are getting pretty slim!

Ah, for the days of Bennie Anderson! I am sure the Dolphin miss him too!

Josh Reed was looking like a shoe in till he started catching the football last year!

Just when you thought you had Coy Wire all set up for the season, he makes a few bone crunching tackles and the media refers to him as the next Sam Mills!

John McCargo was leading the group but he screwed it all up against Atlanta! Who was that guy? If he puts a few games together he MAY be lost from our WB list!

Tim Anderson is still here but unless we pick up a new DT he isn't going anywhere! He seems to be the overall favorite!

Jim Leohard was looking like a true favorite but I am afraid I need to remove him from the list! The Media seems to love the guy now!

Perhaps you wonder WHY we need to have anybody?

Its an old Buffalo tradition that goes back to the 60's!

I once started a thread on the worst Bills of all time and the list was long! I think Walt Patulski won by a few votes!

Its a REALLY great sign when you run out of WB's!

Wally!

Why all the exclaimations??!!

Are you related to TopDog in some way?!

Makes me a little nervous!

WTF!

shelby
08-21-2007, 03:54 PM
You probaby wonder how I came up with the Wally sceen name?
Wallace is my middle name. (pretty bad huh!)

And here i thought your mom was so nice....;)

shelby
08-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Wally!

Why all the exclaimations??!!

Are you related to TopDog in some way?!

Makes me a little nervous!

WTF!

He's pumped up! The Bills make him want to SHOUT!!

He's related to ME in some way, the poor bastard. Don't hold that against him, eh?

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
And here i thought your mom was so nice....;)

My grandfathers name!

Mr. Miyagi
08-21-2007, 03:57 PM
He's pumped up! The Bills make him want to SHOUT!!

He's related to ME in some way, the poor bastard. Don't hold that against him, eh?
Don't tell me that's MISTER shelby, is it?

OpIv37
08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I think it would be wise to give him some time and he may end up being a fan favorite in Buffalo.
The fans always like the small guys that beat up on teams! We will see!

I don't disagree with this, but Wire has been around for 4 years and hasn't shown anything until the last pre season game. Is there a chance he could turn it around? Sure, especially now that he's playing a position that may be more natural for him. But my point is that it's not like anyone pounced on him after his first year- it took a couple years of mediocrity before he became a whipping boy. I'm all for giving guys a chance, but there comes a point where they have to deliver.

shelby
08-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Wire hasn't shown anything because he was playing safety and special teams. Although he's a pretty decent ST player. He's a natural LB. Give him a shot.

MM, Wally's my brother in law.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't disagree with this, but Wire has been around for 4 years and hasn't shown anything until the last pre season game. Is there a chance he could turn it around? Sure, especially now that he's playing a position that may be more natural for him. But my point is that it's not like anyone pounced on him after his first year- it took a couple years of mediocrity before he became a whipping boy. I'm all for giving guys a chance, but there comes a point where they have to deliver.

He doesnt even look like the same player but LB seems to fit him best!

raphael120
08-21-2007, 04:54 PM
McCargo I'm willing to give him some time because you never know with him. Just needs to stay healthy.

Tim Anderson, yeah, he's a bum but it's just plain funny.

Price should be the whipping boy because Tim Anderson has as many receptions as Peerless does, and Price is making 4 times the money fat Timmy is. Hence, Price should be the whipping boy. NOthing is expected of a vet minimum paid player, but Price was paid some decent bucks for 2nd string WR and isn't showing ****.

SABURZFAN
08-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Before every season starts we always have a whipping boy on our roster

you should have been around last season,after the Lions game.i had that boy whipped like a government mule.

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 05:21 PM
McCargo I'm willing to give him some time because you never know with him. Just needs to stay healthy.

Tim Anderson, yeah, he's a bum but it's just plain funny.

Price should be the whipping boy because Tim Anderson has as many receptions as Peerless does, and Price is making 4 times the money fat Timmy is. Hence, Price should be the whipping boy. NOthing is expected of a vet minimum paid player, but Price was paid some decent bucks for 2nd string WR and isn't showing ****.

I truly believe Peerless is at the crossroads of his career and will please everyone this season. I just have a feeling.
If the wind had not taken the ball away from his hands he had a sure TD against the Falcons!
I rarely stick up for a player but I just have a feeling about him!

raphael120
08-21-2007, 06:30 PM
I truly believe Peerless is at the crossroads of his career and will please everyone this season. I just have a feeling.
If the wind had not taken the ball away from his hands he had a sure TD against the Falcons!
I rarely stick up for a player but I just have a feeling about him!

I have a feeling that the status quo will remain just that for a 31yr old Peerless Price

Mr. Miyagi
08-21-2007, 07:04 PM
MM, Wally's my brother in law.
Does he yell all the time in person too?

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 05:24 AM
Do you really care?

shelby
08-22-2007, 05:33 AM
Damn, you get up early:D

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 05:40 AM
I ussually check early in the morning to see if the Bills have signed anybody and in this case I am really happy if the Bills sign Al Wallace.
He is not a great player but he has a bit of a mean streak in him and should be a good pickup!
We old people always get up early....you know that!

shelby
08-22-2007, 05:45 AM
;)

User Manuel
08-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Before every season starts we always select a whipping boy on our roster but the pickings are getting pretty slim!
We used to refer to Kenny Jones as " Kenny Sure Grip" as he was always caught for holding but he became better and we took him off the list!
Then there was Rob Riddick and we called him "Rob Ridiculous" till he got his game together!

Ah, for the days of Bennie Anderson! I am sure the Dolphins miss him too!(lol)

Josh Reed was looking like a shoe in till he started catching the football last year.

Just when you thought you had Coy Wire all lined up for this season, he makes a few bone crunching tackles and the media refers to him as the next Sam Mills.

John McCargo was leading the group but he screwed it all up against Atlanta! Who was that guy? If he puts a few games together he MAY be lost from our WB list forever.

Tim Anderson is still on the roster but unless we pick up a new DT he isn't going anywhere! He seems to be the overall favorite.

Jim Leohard was looking like a shoe in but I am afraid I need to remove him from the list.The Media seems to love the guy also and they actually gave his some credit against the Falcons.

Perhaps you wonder WHY we need to have anyone on our list?

Its an old Buffalo tradition that goes back to the 60's.

Its a REALLY great sign when you run out of WB's.

If this keeps up we may need to retire the label and start a hall of fame instead!

When in doubt I break the glass and go for Tim Anderson or the newly installed Peerless option.

My sleeper candidate is going to be Duke Preston.... He seems to have an innate ability to really piss off Bills fans not seen around here since Glen Parker.