PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign Johnson

hammerbillsfan
08-21-2007, 03:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2984649

Larry Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6363) ended his 25-day holdout Tuesday morning by finalizing a five-year extension that will keep him with the Chiefs through 2012.
<!-- begin player card --><!-- end player card -->
Johnson's contract is worth $45 million, with $19 million guaranteed. Of the guaranteed money, $12 million is the signing bonus and $7 million is guaranteed salary.

Both sides were working on the deal Monday night. The final holdup was the payout over the first three years of the contract. Once that was resolved, Johnson decided to report and accept the Chiefs' proposal.

Johnson reported to the practice field late Tuesday morning, put on his helmet and was ready for duty. "It was a long, hard negotiation," general manager Carl Peterson said. "We are very happy to have all our children in camp now."

Mr. Pink
08-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Little sooner than I thought, but was expected to happen.

Mr. Miyagi
08-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Now that he's guaranteed $19 million, watch him get injured and be out for the season.

patmoran2006
08-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Just goes to show you how stupid this league and its rookie salaries can be.

LJ has been one of the premier players in the NFL for the last few years. In other words, he's PROVEN himself. 2005 was one of the greatest single-season performances from a RB I've ever seen. Last year was a "down" year and he still put up sick numbers, and pretty much led KC to the playoffs by himself on offense.

Meanwhile, Calvin Johnson has yet to pay a single down in the league and he makes more money and gets more guarenteed.

Just stupid.

DraftBoy
08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Just goes to show you how stupid this league and its rookie salaries can be.

LJ has been one of the premier players in the NFL for the last few years. In other words, he's PROVEN himself. 2005 was one of the greatest single-season performances from a RB I've ever seen. Last year was a "down" year and he still put up sick numbers, and pretty much led KC to the playoffs by himself on offense.

Meanwhile, Calvin Johnson has yet to pay a single down in the league and he makes more money and gets more guarenteed.

Just stupid.

We need to go to a slotted system like the NBA and baseball do

Wally The Barber
08-21-2007, 05:53 PM
I thought you were talking about Tank Johnson and I went Woooo!

patmoran2006
08-21-2007, 06:09 PM
We need to go to a slotted system like the NBA and baseball do
I agree.

At the rate Buffalo is going they cant AFFORD To finish with a top 5 pick.

WIth this cash to cap philosophy, they'll barely be able to sign the guy they draft; and it will come at the expense of roster dumps via FA.