PDA

View Full Version : Any emerging stars this year??

HHURRICANE
08-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Poz and Lynch will play well but they'll look like rookies. Anybody on the team that is destined for a big year?

I'm really thinking that Whitner is the guy that becomes a real star in the league this year.

Captain gameboy
08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Evans.

He may not be fantasy favorite, but I expect that anyone with knowlege will come to the same conclusion we have about the guy.

Wys Guy
08-21-2007, 08:27 PM
IMO Evans breaks out. He's been good, and under completely different circumstances he'd have been among the top 5-7 now IMO.

I agree with you on Lynch and Poz although I'm expecting Poz to have the better year.

Many seem to think that Lynch has this home-run potential. I simply didn't see it although his fundamentals are excellent for the most part. But his TDs last season at Cal were for 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 8, 15, 17, 22, and 71 yards. The latter three were vs. Washington, a terrible team last year, and Portland St., a division I-AA school, respectively. So where this notion comes from that he's a "home run threat" escapes me.

Nevertheless, I expect him to be a solid decent ball-carrier with performances largely tied to his blocking.

I can see Whitner and/or Simpson breaking out. I don't see much else however. Dockery is what he is. Peters seems to be struggling quite a bit this preseason so perhaps our largely consistent opinions on him may be a little bit too lofty. TBD there.

Wys Guy
08-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Evans.

He may not be fantasy favorite, but I expect that anyone with knowlege will come to the same conclusion we have about the guy.

He may not be a favorite now, but he could be next year.

Too much for him hinges on Losman taking his game to the next level. JP doesn't have to be Brady or Manning, but he will have to find a decent short game and improve overall. Otherwise the perceptions of Evans will match his numbers which may not be as good as they otherwise would be if he were on a team with a more balanced O and a better QB.

TacklingDummy
08-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Evans had a break out season last year.

I guess you guys missed it.

mchurchfie
08-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Whitner has been solid this season, he could very well breakout. I agree with TD, Evans established himself as a top receiver last year.

Bulldog
08-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Evans had a break out season last year.

I guess you guys missed it.

I don't agree with you very often TD, but I was just thinking the same thing. While he was a bit inconsistant last season, his numbers speak for themselves. I would hope that Evans is already considered an elite receiver by most.

Bling
08-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Evans will be the best WR pickup since I can't remember if you guys don't get him his money.

Dr. Lecter
08-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I honestly think Parrish will emerge as a very good big play guy and be a consistent contributor.

OpIv37
08-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Evans, maybe Whitner.

also, I wouldn't say I expect this to happen, but I'm really hoping Crowell establishes himself this year. He's been a solid contributor for us but hasn't done anything spectacular- I'd really like to see him take it to the next level.

DraftBoy
08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Keith Ellison 100+ tackles a few picks, and a few sacks...really establish himself as a NFL starter.

patmoran2006
08-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I cannot believe Im saying this, and I will probably feel like a bigger ****** than I already am when I see the stats after week 17 and he has his typical 36 catches for 480 yards and 3 TDs.

But after all this time, I think Josh Reed is going to be the guy to have a breakout season.

I dont say Whitner because when you're the 8th pick in the draft you SHOULD breakout in your second season as a starter.

And I dont know what planet anyone is from that doesnt think Evans isnt already a star. I talk to fans and writers from all over the place and I havent talked to one person who wouldn't go nuts to have him on their team. I understand what your saying in terms of being a bit overshadowed by the bigger named WR's right now, but this guy is already a star and he "broke out" last year big time.

Michael82
08-22-2007, 01:06 AM
From what I've seen at camp this year.....

Donte Whiter...he looks ready to become a star. He shows a very good nose for the ball and is a tough hitter. He's also very good at coverage. Now that they are taking the training wheels off, I have a feeling that he will excel and so will Ko Simpson

Keith Ellison...One of the best players in camp this year. He also has a nose for the ball and has been an interception machine in camp. I could see him piling up 100 tackles easily. A definitely sleeper!

Roscoe Parrish...Always making the amazing catches in camp and JP Losman has really become comfortable with him. I could see him being our Don Beebe in the offense. :up:

Lee Evans....Everyone knows it. He will be one of the top 5 receivers in the league and if you watch fantasy drafts, people believe it there too. I see him outdoing last year and having 10-12 TDs, along with at least 1,600 receiving yards.

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 05:13 AM
I like John Wendling.

shelby
08-22-2007, 05:35 AM
Coy Wire!!!!

Mr. Pink
08-22-2007, 05:37 AM
With the recent injury to Ryan Denney...

Chris Kelsay will have a breakout season. I'm talking he's gonna lead this team in sacks type of season. He's going to be forced to be a more every down player which will increase his sack and tackle totals.

He will actually look like he should have been paid what the FO gave him and will allow us to finally get rid of that Denney scrub.

I can't believe I just typed all that.

John Doe
08-22-2007, 05:39 AM
It is possible that Losman will have a great year.

Night Train
08-22-2007, 05:39 AM
There's a couple of blond cheerleaders near the tunnel who look to have a breakout bra...er...year !