PDA

View Full Version : More on Al Wallace

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 06:06 AM
I live outside of Tampa and the name AL WALLACE seemed formiliar to me so I looked it up and sure enough, he was the Carolina Panther player that ruptured Chris Simms spleen.
He is known to be a pretty tough dude and was fined $7500, but there was no flag on the play.
Al Wallace was a very unpopular player in Tampa after that sack and Jon Gruden complained to the league and wanted him suspended!
http://www.thesportsdirt.com/nfl/al-wallace-fined-for-ruining-chris-simms-spleen/

I am not sure if you guys have ever seen that hit, but it was a bone crusher!
I hope he does not hurt Tom Brady !!(lol)

Hes team mates nicknamed him "THE ANCHOR MAN"

The Bills signed him this morning! ( see main board)

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060930/NEWSREC0105/609300317/1021/GTCOM

Buckets
08-22-2007, 06:37 AM
Whats his story? Is he a free agent, waived, released?

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 06:39 AM
Free Agent, and there are reports the Bills are close to a deal with him!
He is a good replacement for Denny.

Buckets
08-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Free Agent, and there are reports the Bills are close to a deal with him!
My bad I didn't see the other post.

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 06:45 AM

I can tell you he was very unpopular in Tampa and Jon Gruden filed a complaint with the NFL about the hit!

tampabay25690
08-22-2007, 07:16 AM
I live outside of Tampa and the name AL WALLACE seemed formiliar to me so I looked it up and sure enough, he was the guy that ruptured Chris Simms spleen with a crushing tackle.
He is known to be a pretty tough dude and was fined $7500, but there was no flag on the play.

I am not sure if you guys have ever seen that hit, but it was a bone crusher!
I hope he does not hurt Tom Brady !!(lol)

Reports say the Bills are close to signing him.( see main board)

http://www.thesportsdirt.com/nfl/al-wallace-fined-for-ruining-chris-simms-spleen/

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060930/NEWSREC0105/609300317/1021/GTCOM

I have seen him play and I was there when he ruptured SImms spleen. He is a good player and to be honest probably better then Denny anyway. We will have to wait and see.

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 07:18 AM
I have seen him play and I was there when he ruptured SImms spleen. He is a good player and to be honest probably better then Denny anyway. We will have to wait and see.
He is a more powerful pass rusher!

don137
08-22-2007, 07:35 AM
He was a salary cap casualty from the Panthers. He was talking about retiring and then did not hear anymore...I think he would be a good fit for this team...

mayotm
08-22-2007, 08:04 AM
He would be a decent pickup given the situation with Denney and Hargrove. However, don't expect him to come in and be anything more than average. I would certainly hope the Bills don't give him anything more than a one year deal.

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 08:13 AM
He would be a decent pickup given the situation with Denney and Hargrove. However, don't expect him to come in and be anything more than average. I would certainly hope the Bills don't give him anything more than a one year deal.

Probably a one year but maybe 2 would work!

don137
08-22-2007, 08:25 AM
It depends on what you consider average. For a starter he is a average/good player but as far as coming off the bench I think he is better than most. bench players. Its not like we are getting Julius Peppers. He is coming in as a role player. I think teams like going to the youth movement so he was not picked up but I think he could start for a few teams in the NFL with no problem.

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 08:30 AM
It depends on what you consider average. For a starter he is a average/good player but as far as coming off the bench I think he is better than most. bench players. Its not like we are getting Julius Peppers. He is coming in as a role player. I think teams like going to the youth movement so he was not picked up but I think he could start for a few teams in the NFL with no problem.
I think he is the answer to the depth problem and the Hargrove suspension!
We can draft DT & DE in next years draft

TigerJ
08-22-2007, 09:10 AM

I saw somewhere when the interest of the Bills surfaced that he was released in a cap move last February.

Buckets
08-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a good move especially if we keep Hargrove and he comes back after the 4 game suspension. This might turn into a nice upgrade.

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Now is we can just find a DT

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 10:06 AM

He signed this morning!

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 12:00 PM
He was a salary cap casualty from the Panthers. He was talking about retiring and then did not hear anymore...I think he would be a good fit for this team...

Marv sure takes his time, now we need a DT