PDA

View Full Version : What's to become of Nall?

NorthCarBills
08-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Listening to WGR this morning and they're discussing Nall. Just curious what people on this board may think of his future. While I understand Edwards seems quite promising, that positions Nall as quite an expensive 3rd string QB (if that happens to be the case).

Playing devil's advocate, I can also understand things from Nall's point of view. Coming into Buffalo last year, he was competing for a starting job which was obviously nixed by injury. This season, he's fighting to capture the #2 job.

Any chance of him being traded this season? Any teams out there who need a legit #2 QB (e.g. Atlanta)? I wonder if a mid-round pick could be had.

Not trying to post an opinion about Nall in this post...just curious what you guys think of his future here. Thanks

Night Train
08-22-2007, 06:51 AM
I hear Office Depot is naming a clipboard after him.

User Manuel
08-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Being about a half a billion under the cap there is no urgent need to cut him. I bet they keep him and then he quietly fades away after the season.

The only way I see him go is if someone cuts a young QB the Bills love or offers them a deal (IE KC if Coyle implodes) , but i have no idea who that would be.

BidsJr
08-22-2007, 07:21 AM
I hear Office Depot is naming a clipboard after him.

Ibatiger will be on here in a sec telling us he wants to be traded to the Colts.

He wants first shot at unseating Payton out of his starting job.

Mr. Pink
08-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Nall can be cut so he can go pursue a career in the Arena League.

He may have enough of an arm to throw it the length of their field. But I wouldn't bet on it.

mybills
08-22-2007, 07:44 AM
They'll keep him around this year. After that, who knows.

Wys Guy
08-22-2007, 07:45 AM
What's to become of Nall?

Great question!

Last season according to Levy and Jauron, many here's fearless and infallible leaders, he was "ready to emerge" and perfectly capable of taking over and playing well should JP fail.

Oh well, I guess that he's no longer "ready to emerge." I wonder what happened. Oh well, ...

I guess he was just the next player in a seemingly endless string that the team really didn't know what they were doing when they picked him up since they felt the need to overlay their own statements and credibility with a rookie less than 12 months later.

Nevertheless, let me get this straight, that Edwards is the next guy that we're supposed to be raving about without much of any basis whatsoever?

Then again, he did average 10.7 TDs and 8 INTs per season at Stanford and really wowed the collegiate ranks with a hearty 1/1 TD/INT ratio this past season lofting 6 TDs, 4 of which inconsequentially were against powerhouse San Jose State heaving only 2 in the other 5 games.

So I'm not going to let anyone tell me that we don't have an emergent superstar in the making. I mean if he can only come in and play like he did in all of his games vs. non-San Jose State teams as a senior, he'll have 6 or 7 TDs and 15 INTs by seasons end and a rating of like 40.

Boy, I haven't been this excited in years.

:D

TigerJ
08-22-2007, 09:16 AM
If Edwards wins the #2 spot, Nall will ask to be traded IMO. Buffalo will think about trading him, but I don't think they'll be eager to give him away. Maybe they'd take a fourth round pick for him. Otherwise he stays around through the season and gets traded or released after the season.

Buckets
08-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Great question!

Last season according to Levy and Jauron, many here's fearless and infallible leaders, he was "ready to emerge" and perfectly capable of taking over and playing well should JP fail.

Oh well, I guess that he's no longer "ready to emerge." I wonder what happened. Oh well, ...

I guess he was just the next player in a seemingly endless string that the team really didn't know what they were doing when they picked him up since they felt the need to overlay their own statements and credibility with a rookie less than 12 months later.

Nevertheless, let me get this straight, that Edwards is the next guy that we're supposed to be raving about without much of any basis whatsoever?

Then again, he did average 10.7 TDs and 8 INTs per season at Stanford and really wowed the collegiate ranks with a hearty 1/1 TD/INT ratio this past season lofting 6 TDs, 4 of which inconsequentially were against powerhouse San Jose State heaving only 2 in the other 5 games.

So I'm not going to let anyone tell me that we don't have an emergent superstar in the making. I mean if he can only come in and play like he did in all of his games vs. non-San Jose State teams as a senior, he'll have 6 or 7 TDs and 15 INTs by seasons end and a rating of like 40.

And you want to know whats wrong with the lack of posting on the board. You totally turned this good question into a Marve and front office bashing, did you address the question at all?

Earthquake Enyart
08-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Great question!

Never should have dropped Travis Brown.

RedEyE
08-22-2007, 10:31 AM
3rd string

Risin
08-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Great question!

I usually don't agree with most of what you write, but this is spot on, especially the Edwards part.

I'm not going to pin my future hopes to this guy, when I truly think JP is/will be forever a much better QB.

I've stated before, in college they both played on crap teams, yet JP's stats are much better. Also, the both had the piss beat out of them, yet JP showed durability, and Trent showed none.

Just what I want, another QB with talent, who can't stay on the field.

Hopefully JP plays well this year, so we have our QB for the next 10 years. I'm really worried about pinning my hopes on another injury prone signal caller.

Oaf
08-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I want to see Nall play some damn football before I can pass judgement on him. His limited action against the Saints was very impressive IMO..
I still like him as the #2 until HE proves otherwise.