PDA

View Full Version : You'd be surprised to hear

patmoran2006
08-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Between camp and limited preseason; Ashton Youboty has been impressive to me.

Dr. Lecter
08-22-2007, 10:44 AM
:homer:

I love using this smiley to describe Pat.

RockStar36
08-22-2007, 10:50 AM
As long as he has been impressive to you Pat, that is all that matters.

I'm so glad I'll be able to sleep tonight.

patmoran2006
08-22-2007, 10:53 AM
sweet

bigbub2352
08-22-2007, 10:54 AM
I agree Pat i notcied in the last 2 games and at the practices i have seen, he is very quick to the ball, and has shown great ball recognition skills when the QB releases the football, i also watched him run stride for stride with Lee Evans and Parrish at the one night practice during indiviual drills,

He also comes up and plays the run well and is in postion to at least steer the rb to the outside were he's safety help is, he looks alot more comfortable than he did last year

alohabillsfan
08-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Somebody fine Pat for talking about actual football players! This MB is for *****ing about Marv, Dick and Ralph! :krusty:

alohabillsfan
08-22-2007, 11:00 AM
P.S. good post, and even better to hear!!!:cheers:

Mr. Pink
08-22-2007, 11:05 AM
This is good news Pat. Youboty never impressed me at The Ohio State University. To hear he's looking good through camps, which honestly, I haven't paid much attention to...the news I get on the camps is from this site...it's definitely a plus. I still think he's nothing more than a nickle or dime corner at this point in his career though.

Does he still look raw? Or has he improved on his route recognition, footwork and playing "safer" skills?

HHURRICANE
08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
I was going to post him in my emerging star thread in addition to Whitner. I thought he was smaller than he actually is and he can hit!! Which also shocked me.

I think if he gets playing time he will be very good.

bigbub2352
08-22-2007, 11:56 AM
I was going to post him in my emerging star thread in addition to Whitner. I thought he was smaller than he actually is and he can hit!! Which also shocked me.

I think if he gets playing time he will be very good.
He is bigger than i thought as well, he looks like mertin hanks lol

Oaf
08-22-2007, 02:09 PM
LOL, just as long as he doesn't do that chicken dance. I still think Greer should be getting some 1st team reps.

LtBillsFan66
08-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Great, we can all rest easy now.

Earthquake Enyart
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Pat's dumpster source who gave him the first round grade still thinks highly of him. Great.

X-Era
08-22-2007, 06:18 PM

So you slam Kelsay, but a guy who has made virtually NO plays even with a fairly good shot at winning the starting job impresses you?

Youbouty has done nothing of note. At least no more than any other backup DB. Greer makes Youbouty look like your booty. Thats not saying much.

I felt that this was his year to step forward and become our starter, instead he probably ends up as the backup to the backup. I expected much more from a guy that some had as a 1st rounder.

B-DON
08-22-2007, 06:35 PM
LOL, just as long as he doesn't do that chicken dance. I still think Greer should be getting some 1st team reps.

What, that dance was nice. I loved Merton Hanks back in the day.

patmoran2006
08-22-2007, 06:51 PM
So you slam Kelsay, but a guy who has made virtually NO plays even with a fairly good shot at winning the starting job impresses you?

Youbouty has done nothing of note. At least no more than any other backup DB. Greer makes Youbouty look like your booty. Thats not saying much.

I felt that this was his year to step forward and become our starter, instead he probably ends up as the backup to the backup. I expected much more from a guy that some had as a 1st rounder.
Youboty doesnt make $24 million over the next four years now does he?

realdealryan
08-22-2007, 09:20 PM

...as a gunner on punts...